Resource icon

MAKE YOUR OWN UNITS - FLICster Version 1.0.1 (build 18) now available! 2016-10-05

Hey Moeniir... Is there any fix or work around for the random gaps that seem to appear in some of my FLCs? They only seem to crop up when I'm making a FLC of size 240x240, and then mostly (at least at first) in the East and North-West directions. They then seem to multiply when I try to fix the PCX and recreate the FLC file.

I have a problem, I'm using PSP and when I get to these directions:
Now, lets try an edit. Zoom in on the top-left frame. For the purposes of this walkthrough, just make a put something in the empty area in the top left corner of the frame. Try selecting a 1 pixel brush, and create a little 5x5 'X' or something. This is just a simple demo!. Now, save the file. If you look at the popup... nothing changed. This version does not automatically monitor for file changes. Just double click the animation to see your changes. If you don't see anything, make sure your popup is still viewing SW. You should see your X wink in every 7th frame.
in the READ ME file and I double click the pop-up window the window turns completely gray.

Does any one have an answer?:)

:D :D This FLICster looks complicated, but it sounds like it works! I might try it in a little bit.:D :D

:D :D :D I tried it and it is actually simple!:D :D

FLICster is exactly what I was looking for! Probably won't use it until the new year, as I still haven't started working on the tech tree and unit list for my mod, but it's good to know I will be able to animate my units when I am ready. Assuming my artistic talent hasn't been totally knocked out by the 4 or so concussions. BTW, this is my first post at CivFanatics, I love the site.

BTW, it was mentioned way back the single pixel files used for the civ specific pallettes. There were 17 of one type, 32 of another, the second obviously for the various civ specific that could be used, the first set uncertain but perhaps tied into the max number that can play. But people were trying to figure out why 17, since "only 16 civs can play in a game". Wrong! 17 civs can play in a game! The 17th 'civ' is the barbarians, so the 17 now makes sense, right? I don't know how PTW has affected all this, however. I'll try to find the posts in question so you guys can actually understand what I'm saying...

Okay, it is in post 27 that the topic starts. It was a year ago, so I may just be spouting off at the mouth.

I know it's been requested before, but I'd like to second the request that, if possible, when you Open File in flicster, it defaults to the folder you were last in.

Btw, flicster's the best thing anyone's ever done for Civ3. Can you imagine where we'd be without it? Firaxis should buy you a car or something cause the game might be dead without all the modding. Thanks.

I have a question for mby an upcomming version, is it possible to make a side program-type thing in FLICster that allows you to view multiple flcs in a row, for saw viewing the Default->Fortify->Attack A->Attack B->Death so you can see how the unit flows?

HEY I NEED HELP WITH HOW TO MAKE UNITS FROM SCRATCH I'M LOST ON THIS FLICSTER PLEASE HELP ME AND E MAIL ME ANYONE THANKS.

I have been getting a rather strange error when trying to view certain flcs:

Run-time error '9'
Subscript out of range

It does not happen with all units, just ones that have been centered with Steph's SBB utility. They are fine to view before that.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I should also say that these flics work fine in-game.

Great program! :goodjob:

I have one question though:
Is there a way to offset the units? This addition would be great, especially when making large units.

And it also would ease things, if the units I've rendered aren't exactly in the center of the 'highlight circle'.

aaglo, yes. Unfortunately, TF has disabled the search again so I can't find the post that had the method. I used this to move my raft to the center of the tile.

What you do is something like this:
- Make your initial FLC.
- Export from your FLC to the "8 separate FLCs" option,
- Edit the x and/or y offsets in the INI file that is created, and
- Open the INI in Flicster to recompile into a new single FLC.

You might be able to do it with SBB too, but I haven't tried that.

ok sorry for these lame questings (search is off or is it just me?), but what program should i use to u edit palette?

PEdit is great for creating an initial palette; Kinboat posted it here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44392

Note that I have had some problems with it freezing, but that could just be my comp. Other than that, small palette changes are normally just done in whatever program you work on your storyboard in (PSP, Photoshop, etc.)

Top Bottom