Manual?

Oxygene

Chieftain
I'm thinking about buying the download only version of the game from the developer. Can anyone tell me if the retail (boxed) version of the game comes with a printed manual that's worth having? If not, then i'm not missing anything if i download the game.

Also, my system specs are:

Athlon XP 3200+
1.5GB PC3200 RAM
256Mb Radeon 9550
Windows XP Home

Can anyone give me an idea of how the game will run on my computer? I know that my specs exceed the recommended system requirements but that was also the case with Civ IV which runs poorly on my computer.

Thanks.

Afaik the manual comes on pdf on the retail version.

Your specs look pretty similar to mine and Galciv2 runs very smoothly.

The manual that comes with the retail game is included as a PDF with the downloadable version. However it's rather thin and probably won't help you too much, certainly not as a reference manual. The new GalCiv 2 Wiki will have more info.

As for your system specs, I don't think you'll have much trouble. Just be sure you have the latest video drivers and as Stardock says, we really mean it, get the latest drivers. ;)

Oxy, I have GalCiv2 and I find myself going to their website for more information on how to play. The manual that comes with the game isn't all that informative. Be careful though, GalCiv2 is really cutting into my Civ4 playing time. What a great game it is! In fact, both are great games.

BTW: I run GalCiv2 on my laptop that has much lower specs (only 512mb RAM to name one) and it still runs great!

You won't miss out on anything...

Top Bottom