MAP cut decision- VOTE

Cut/Merge 3-5 civs or full map redesign?

• Cut/Merge

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Full Map Redesign

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, we are using the Modern Resource start-up world builder save from GEM

And no, I'm not just "arbitrarily" scrapping ideas. I'm doing as much as I can to get this officially, and actually going.

I've been doing SVN and XML work all day. All we do is discuss and discuss and argue and discuss. For a year. We have to get a mod out, so that we can get the help that we need once it is released.

I'm not doing "what I want." I'm actually trying to incorporate everything that has been written. And yes, I am "included" in trying to get this started for months. But sometimes, you just have to grab the bull by the balls and get started.

No, we are using the Modern Resource start-up world builder save from GEM

And no, I'm not just "arbitrarily" scrapping ideas. I'm doing as much as I can to get this officially, and actually going.

I've been doing SVN and XML work all day. All we do is discuss and discuss and argue and discuss. For a year. We have to get a mod out, so that we can get the help that we need once it is released.

I'm not doing "what I want." I'm actually trying to incorporate everything that has been written. And yes, I am "included" in trying to get this started for months. But sometimes, you just have to grab the bull by the balls and get started.

I still don't see what the problem is with going with the civ list that took us ages to come to minus the 3 civs, which most people are voting for.

And i don't care much for your constant linking of this issue to one where people agree with you that a cut is required to get this moving. It is more than possible to take a decision to cut and move on without having to rehash everything based on a new civ list that is:

1) 1/2 days old.

2) That most people don't want.

I'm bored of saying it. If you would rather ignore everyone and do your own thing then go right ahead. I'm pretty convinced you're not listening to anyone anyway.

i agree with 1+2 but instead of Angola I'd suggest to remove Mongolia which does not play an important role in the world at all. We could either make it minor or split it up between Russia and China.

Kai wouldn't like that. Of course, Kai isn't even here anymore, apparently.

I've voted option B, and it's better to make it more fun at this (relatively) early stage than to realise that the civs we've cut out have unbalanced it beyond belief and it's dull to play.

Excuse me, but are you under any real impression that your current plans, which places the nations like the USA and Russia against nations like Taiwan and Israel, is balanced at all? It's not. Changing it may indeed bring inbalance of its own, but considering that's possible inbalance vs. ensured inbalance, it's a fair trade. You aren't making sense.

Logically - if a new, better way of doing something comes along - there is no reason to stand and fight it. I mean, we could be like Napoleon and scoff at the use of steam engines. But - that wouldn't be so good for us in the long run. It would be completely irrational to completely defy a new twist just because we talked about something at length ages ago.

Slow down one second. I'm not sure whether you're advocating going above 50 civs or not, but I must point out one glaring flaw in your logic: None of us is proposing to fight against a new and better way when or if it comes along. In the case that it does, we have no reason to oppose it. However, right now the fact is that your better way hasn't come along, and despite the faith that you and Nik have in it, I don't see either of you proactively working to make it happen, so in the meantime, all you are doing is delaying the mod getting released at all. You can't run before walking, no mod gets everything just-so on its initial release, and in opposing the slight detour from your loftier plans, you're preventing us from doing something that would otherwise allow us and our community to troubleshoot those issues of the mod that aren't recognizeable until someone play-tests it. None of our plans to cut corners for the initial release are going to delay us implementing your new features if you do discover how to make them work, and in fact, you'll have a better finished product if you let us iron out the vast majority of its features right now.

Top Bottom