Martial Arts

Yared

That Guy
Post cool martial arts videos :D

Link to video.

Rated one of the best fighting scenes in all of history.

-

You're also free to discuss and compare different martial arts, different artists and whatever.

As opposed to genuine matches ;)

Well do you want to post fake/choreographed martial arts or real matches? You posted a movie scene in the OP, so you can see how someone might think you were looking for fake stuff.

A film is a film. It's obvious that it's not real.
WWW, however, sells itself as being real.

But you're right. Sorry.

No it doesn't. Not any more than a movie does.

Really? It seems so to me, at least. They put up a show, call themselves wrestlers and whatever.

In a movie, you know that what you're watching isn't real. The fighting scene is written by a writer. Even if you give one guy godlike powers, and the other guy just his bare hands, if the writer so wishes it, the clearly inferior guy will emerge victorious.

:D
Apology accepted

:3

Really? It seems so to me, at least. They put up a show, call themselves wrestlers and whatever.

So what? Everyone still knows it's a show. Movies don't explicitly say, "this is a movie", why should wrestling shows?

So what? Everyone still knows it's a show. Movies don't explicitly say, "this is a movie", why should wrestling shows?

I didn't know it was fake until I turned 10 :(

I guess that's the "core of the issue". I felt so cheated when I found out about it.

I am struggling to understand WWW as well.
What could be interesting about strangely choreographed unrealistic fighting imitations?

Anyway, it sure as hell does not fall under "Martial Arts" category...

I am struggling to understand WWW as well.
What could be interesting about strangely choreographed unrealistic fighting imitations?

Anyway, it sure as hell does not fall under "Martial Arts" category...

How is it any less apt then scenes from movies?

Remember, "martial" in this context just means fighting. It does not entail eastern quasi-mystical mumbo-jumbo.

more martial arts, this time non-choreographed:

Link to video.

Top Bottom