Master of Orion III has gone Gold

Yndy

Emperor
Expected to be shipped starting with 25 February or even earlier.

This is a major step of humanity towards the exploration of space and strategy gaming.

Originally posted by Yndy
This is a major step of humanity towards the exploration of space and strategy gaming.

If it isn't you're getting a flamed more than a Burger King Whopper :D

woohoo!!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

but I hope this rumour from fatbabies isn't true then:

1/29/03 Quicksilver Layoffs
Looks like the development team for Master of Orion 3 at Quicksilver Software has been told that when their game goes out the door, as a reward for their hard work they'll all be getting... pink slips! Other SoCal developers are getting flooded with resumes. It's a familiar story: small development company hasn't been able to sign a new project, and doesn't have enough capital to keep an extra team around for ****s and grins. Most of Quicksilver's work in the past has been for Interplay and Infogrames, and the French aren't in a position to be funding much new development at the moment.

At least the company's playing straight and giving everyone advance warning.

:( :(

The same thing happened with SSI and Reach for the Stars. This bodes very badly for MOO3, considering what happened with RFTS. An unsupported game that ended in the bargain bin. Lost and unloved.

I have a bad feeling about the future of this game.

Hopefully the rumors are not true. I've been looking forward to this game coming out since I heard some two years ago that they were making it.

I have high expectations (MOO2 was one of my all time favorite computer games), and I'm ready to play!

First screen, after choosing race, it's generating the universe...

Attachments

• moo3.jpg
    moo3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 326
Guys - an alpha version is not the same as the finished product!!!

Basically, there are three production stages in a game:

1.) Alpha: Has most of the game features, and is unstable. It's actually more of a demo than a game, and is intended for presentation to investors and journalists.

2.) Beta: All game functions are included. The game is now at the stage it's somewhat playable, but bugs need to be hunted down and some things need fine-tuning.

3.) Gold: Finished product that goes into print. Supposedly error-free.

Don't judge a game by an early leaked Alpha ! :nono:

If you want an impression on what the single player game is like, you might want to visit Apolyton.

Sorry TF. ;)

MOO3, give it to me, GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

sorry, forgot to take my pills, but I really can't wait to get this game, I absolutely loved MOO1 and 2.

@switch: what's RFTS?

The screens look pretty good, thanks GK.

This game I have been looking forward to. Finaly a strategy game that takes it place in space (myself hasn't played one of those since Ascendancy, if anyone rember that game).

So do anyone have some links to some game-sites about MoO3?

GOD DAMN - I am so looking forward to this game.......

w00t w00t, finally a game that suits me and that I dare to play (unlike Civ3)

:sniper:

Top Bottom