Mesopotamia

For the UP I really like the idea of no resistance time.

Just wondering, but why are you so attached to the dark blue color? How would you know what the 'national color' of Babylon was when it was so long ago? I think it would be better to choose a new color rather than bringing the total number of blues up to 3 (France, America, Babylon.) And then there is also the Persian color which is blueish kinda.

Gunner said:
Just wondering, but why are you so attached to the dark blue color? How would you know what the 'national color' of Babylon was when it was so long ago?
:lol: :lol:, well, I have once read in the British Museum some of the colours that were more common in the Mesopotamian civilization. I think it was Yellow, Dark-Blue and some others I can't remember. Besides, if you have ever seen the tiles on the Ishtar Gate or the Wall of Babylon, you would notice the dominant dark blue colour ;).

Anyway, any other suggestions for colour? I need to have a rigid idea so that I can start making the buttons for the flag.

One last screenshot for the day. The edubba, I've brightened up the texture, added more lighting and placed a Babylonian tiling on the walls.
I spent a lot of time trying to get the tiling to work as it should, and it finally did.

All suggestions are welcome :), if this gets approval I will export to NIF and start creating the buttons in no-time. I will also be posting an ingame screenshot for you guys to see exactly how it should look like in the game.
Here it is...:
1.14.gif

Awesome, looks absolutely perfect! :clap:

For colors, I vote dark blue and gold. The flags would be different enough to warrant the similarity to the others, and how many French or American cities would be nearby anyway?

Besides, the colors can be changed later, once the civ is in the game and be balanced. This is pretty exciting, I'm glad Babylon is ascending to its rightful place in Rhye's and Fall of Civ! :yeah:

SilverKnight

Thanks Gunner and SK! I'm glad you both liked it :). Now to the next step, exporting and creating the buttons.

I agree on the Blue with a golden emblem, as SK said, France and the US are far enough from Babylon to the extent they are recognizable enough.
We'll see :).

Looks great! I like the wheel leaning against the wall. That's a nice touch. Very nice texture on the building too.

BTW, IIRC, IMHO, BBQZOMG (etc.) I believe that is the first wheel, too.

:rotfl:

Oh... I crack myself up. In other news, what about a city list? They still need one, even if traditionally they never expanded much. As the player, I'd like the option of building realistic-sounding cities where I want to. Maybe Akkad will end up in Russia or something.

SilverKnight

Rhye said:
sorry if I haven't been partecipating, but I'm really too busy know with real life matters and the spare time I have, I dedicate to bugfixing 1.00.

I will join later, you can keep up the good work!
I will, :) take your time Rhye, I'm sure the work that will be produced will be pleasing.

SK, :lol:, a coincidence! I never thought about that when adding the wheel!
Regarding the City List, I will post a plotted map showing the locations of all the cities, I will post the names in Babylonian...

These ideas are brilliant. How are you planning to approach the issue of a leaderhead?

Sorry, don't know how I missed that. Were Elhoim's suggestions considered?

Phallus, if you check the 3rd page of this thread you'd see my responses to Elhoim's suggestions. Some were, others I didn't see the need to.

Anyway, I'm still working on the final touches on the edubba, I will then start working on the Unique Unit, it has been done by forum member 'Notarz', I just have to fix somethings in it. The LeaderHead would come at the end. I fired up civ last night and checked the incomplete LH, it actually looked better than it did in the screenshot I posted, so stay tuned! :)

Arkaeyn said:
If you can, I suggest looking for leaderheads that Rhye doesn't use, and slightly modding them. I'm not too keen on seeing 5 different Cyruses running around.

I don't think there's anyone good for Hammurabbi - maybe Ramses II when he shows up? but just a general idea

for your information, I am definitely using Ramesses in Warlords to replace that alien-like Hatshepsut

And, I will probably use Augustus and Stalin too, so you could have considered using Caesar or Peter as the base, as they don't have any hat and just need you to add Hammurabi's hat, beard and do a reskin.

But I guess it doesn't matter, now that your Cyrus's evil twin already looks awesome!! :goodjob: (sorry for commenting it so late, I didn't notice it)

It was my guess that Ramesses would be in the mod, he is too important to be left out...
Thanks Rhye, I have spent such an awful time trying to figure out how to get rid of Cyrus' crown, until I had it right. Besides, I think he looks great now, just a few additions and he will be ready to be put in the mod!

But as I said earlier, I won't start the LH until later, I will be doing the UU after the UB... :)

If the current state is the same of the latest screenshot, I would suggest changing the mustache.

If you say you can't get rid of them, then try to change their shape or fill the gap above the centre of the mouth and the rest of the facial hair that's missing

Rhye said:
If the current state is the same of the latest screenshot, I would suggest changing the mustache.

If you say you can't get rid of them, then try to change their shape or fill the gap above the centre of the mouth and the rest of the facial hair that's missing
The thing is, that is beyond my powers :p!, it is confirmed that it is impossible at the moment to change or create LH, not even with 3ds Max.

What I've done, is that I made the crown an invisible object, so it is there, it's just that we can't see it. Making the moustache invisible would leave two holes above the mouth, I can't cover the holes without 3D access, and that, at the moment is impossible with Leader Heads.

Top Bottom