Might be either caffeine or urge to create...

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
...just had to start putting something together again. And not to mention, for the first time, a theme on the other side of Istanbul and the Urals. Funny thing is that I'm right in the middle of doing a mid-term paper and the vision suddenly came up after a long period of nothing.

Now I wonder if I should have 4 turrets on each corner.

And no, I still haven't really figured out Blender although I think I know how to do basic vertex editing. Still using my Bronze Age technology called "Bryce 7."

Attachments

• darkcastle.png
    darkcastle.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 191
Use the trusty Bryce spear to wipe down the Blending tanks!

Four turrets or one? If I can find a gargoyle statue somewhere, I might stick them on top of them.

Attachments

• darkcastle2.png
    darkcastle2.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 158
That looks as if it can't really hold its own weight… some mighty cantilevers it must have.

More progress.

Attachments

• darkcastle3.png
    darkcastle3.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 151
Looks like a Might and Magic castle. But better.

OK - so I had a whole lot of coffee and went into fiddling with Blender even though I pretty much didn't know what I was doing. Caffeine does get things done after all. :crazyeye:

Making that magatama prop Shiro requested looooong ago. At this point, still one problem - I still have no idea what I'm doing. :mischief:

Attachments

• magatama1.png
    magatama1.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 147
Jerry'sGoldfish said:
the upper castle building should have different colours and clear detached volumetries

I've been experimenting with Blender so I may end up making stuff in Blender and rendering them in Bryce since I still don't really know what I'm doing. Anyway, if there's any particular architectural piece you'd like to see, post up any suggestions (just not something too complex at this time). ;)

The magatama is coming out good

How would you like it to look specifically? Some of the magatama I've seen in Korean museums resemble commas exactly, but others have a wider and flatter bottom.

Did a little more experimentation (after the obligatory cup of coffee, of course :coffee: ). I *think* I'm finally moving up the tech tree now.

Attachments

• tangroof1.png
    tangroof1.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 146
An Uzbekistan themed city set? No idea how I'm going to do that, but it'd be crazy fun to try out.

Pictures, please. :D

Mixture of Persian and steppe art, I'd say.

The Coffee Horde has reached the gates of Tashkent!

Attachments

• uzbekmosque.png
    uzbekmosque.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 151
The Horde must split at some point, southeast to Java and westwards to Volturno.

I have a Blender model for some walls and towers you might be interested in, Ogedei.

Top Bottom