MOTH????????
Tim Bentley???????
Don Nobodazine

Curraughs
HMS Old Ironsides
HMS Blackhole
HMS Inquisitor
HMS Chieftess

1 small request provo, instead of 'W' its 'Dubyah' :p I put that in the registry...

Nobody said:
i put a name fiorward in my citizen sign up post
I also have a list in my Citizens Registery

If we're going to do this, let's specify an actual process. Also when writing a record of play, I do NOT want to type long unit names, especially ones which are hard to spell. Please define an acceptable abbreviation method so that the units can be properly recognized and honored for their exploits without pushing the DP further into carpal tunnel syndrome. :D

I think a maximum of 15 letters should be a good unit naming convention. Registry city with two letters (for example DS for Daveshacks City, where it was built) and possibly a unit number. For abbreviations, use the five first letters of the unit, and you will be safe.

Ships should be HMS Old Ironsides for example, all ships with HMS as prefix-

Provolution said:
I think a maximum of 15 letters should be a good unit naming convention. Registry city with two letters (for example DS for Daveshacks City, where it was built) and possibly a unit number. For abbreviations, use the five first letters of the unit, and you will be safe.

Ships should be HMS Old Ironsides for example, all ships with HMS as prefix-
and George Dubyah Bush is 16 letters... I guess you can change it back to 'W'

How does it work for different types of units? Does Black_Hole get to name the first land unit and the first naval unit?

The main problem is that most citizens have failed to post unit names, as CT forgot it until citizen 50 or so. Ideally, it should be only one unit per citizen, and then we start over again. But with many unnamed units. this will be a makeshift solution.

Provolution said:
The main problem is that most citizens have failed to post unit names, as CT forgot it until citizen 50 or so. Ideally, it should be only one unit per citizen, and then we start over again. But with many unnamed units. this will be a makeshift solution.
I beg to differ, I have a listing of Military Unit names in my citizen registery. Note, the one I listed in bold is the current age of our civilization.

CivGeneral's Citizen Registery said:
Land Unit
Ancient: Ceaser
Medieval: King Arthur
Industrial: Robert E. Lee
Modern: Gen. Powell

Naval Unit (Industrial): H.M.S. Dreadnought

Link to my post in the registery for proof

Well, I had no power, I was just doing the pre-work to DZ, as I know he is away from time to time. All I did was to set up a preliminary list outside the constittuion and prodding some people to add their names and calling for a naming convention.
DZ should have done this ahead, but I did this in order to help the process.

But Honorable DZ, the floor is now yours for the NNT (God save the Queen CNO was not used, that would serve as a red cloth to a matador-bull).

There are so many unit names I can come up with. If anybody wants me to go off, feel free to ask and Ill post a nice and big list of unit names we can have. However, most of them are only really useful in the industrial/modern ages due to their nature.

Reminder

Please Add Military Units Into The Citizen Registry Or You Will Be Bypassed In The Unit Naming List.

I just noticed something:
CivGeneral's Citizen Registery said:
Land Unit
Ancient: Ceaser
The family name of the first Roman emperor was Caesar, not Ceaser.

Of course, CG could be commemorating some other guy. Igor Ceaser, perhaps.

Top Bottom