mm21-The Art of War-Always

We have a fair number of units and a LOT of unhappiness. I think there's a bug somewhere with calculating happiness during the game that ges resolved during save loads. Or save corruption makes happiness worse. Or something. Anyway, we have not enough cash for a theater and no places needing a colosseum. So fighting is minimal the first turn.

After that, though, I'm able to keep ahead of the -10 unhappiness penalty (even getting positive at times, as cities complete their burning), so we weren't TOO hampered by that.

Nearly all our forces were over by the Aztecs. I started moving many of them towards Egypt (a long walk over mostly just roads) while a fwe stayed around to deal with the remnants of Montezuma.

Meanwhile, our people are cultured!

That particular policy is underwhelming but the ones after it are really nice. I don't think the game will last that long, but we might as well be prepared for any eventuality.

Warring, warring, warring. Egypt has quite a few units to kill, and we are thin on that front, so it's mostly defensive fighting there, until reinforcements arrive. Some are faster (cavalry and lancers-or-whatever-they're-called) than others.

Monte didn't so much have units. Four cities on their own don't provide much resistance.

The last few units start trekking east.

Oooohhhh...target acquired!

Even without artillery support, we can start attacking. I didn't expect to succeed in only one turn, but....

Well, that's about it. Only a few AI cities left that we could've mopped up in probably 5 turns....

Unfortunately, I didn't save at the very end, because (a) I didn't expect to win; (b) I was tired; (c) I'm an idiot; and (d) I've not set my autosave appropriately. So all we have is a few turns from the end. I'm sorry.

Fun game. Way too easy, though, ultimately. Thanks for hosting, Mark.

Oh, and those casualties I mentioned? One cavalry and one worker. :p We just had way too much power and the AI is too bad at war.

Arathorn

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0091.jpg
    Civ5Screen0091.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Civ5Screen0092.jpg
    Civ5Screen0092.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 336
  • Civ5Screen0093.jpg
    Civ5Screen0093.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 344
  • Civ5Screen0094.jpg
    Civ5Screen0094.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 349
  • Civ5Screen0095.jpg
    Civ5Screen0095.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Wu Zetian_0281 AD-1822.Civ5Save
    731.1 KB · Views: 92
Congrats to the team. Unfortunately king is way too easy.

However, AW is the only way that Civ 5 is balanced currently.

Top Bottom