[MOD] Privateers, Pirates, and Buccaneers

Dear Kailric! Second day playing and reach 500 steps, but now I were sending only one ship for plunder, and not eny collision, possible is the matter.Sergey

Dear Kailric! Second day playing and reach 500 steps, but now I were sending only one ship for plunder, and not eny collision, possible is the matter.Sergey

Thats great! I'll check out the plundering code more and do some testing on that. Like I mentioned in the first post this version is not complete, there are things yet to add, balance out, and change. The AI needs to be adjusted to accumilate more Founding Captain Points along with other AI improvements as well.

K, happy hunting out there!

Dear Kailric! The other bug with Smuggler's Port. If command to loaded ship(Pirate) to smugle( how you note in the readme) game crashing. Sergey

Dear Kailric! The other bug with Smuggler's Port. If command to loaded ship(Pirate) to smugle( how you note in the readme) game crashing. Sergey

Ah, yeah.. I see that. Never tested that with a loaded ship before. That will be an easy fix, just unload before you do the command for now though of course.

Thanks for the bug reports. That's what will make this mod even better. I also seen a few things in your saved games that need to be fixed.

I'll make a note on front page about this bug. Should have the next version up in a day or two, maybe tonight if I get enough time.

The other save.

Did your game crash the very next turn on this save. I can't get it to crash for me. I am playing in Window mode and some times during the turns it hangs for a bit and says its "Not Responding" but it starts back up soon.

I still think its the plundering mission and I'll have to do some extensive testing on that.

I am close to unloading the next update on this mod. I made a few changes. Founding Captains no longer give you a Free Pirate ship instead you are asked if you want to give the Captain permission to use your harbors. If you say yes then the Father points are spent and you gain the benefits of that Captain for your whole colony. Then the Captain is added to the list of available Captains. So that when one of your Privateers makes a name for himself. Instead of a normal Captain one of the Founding Father Captains appears. They have better stats than your normal captains.

The Captains have three stats that are:

Prowess: thier ability to do Naval combat
Seamanship: how well they perform at sea
Leadership: thier ability to lead

These factors add bonuses to combat, withdraw, and missions. Leadership plays a factor in all aspects while the other two are situational. For combat, Prowess and Leadership is used. For withdraw Leadership and Seamanship is used. ect.

Also, for the Pirate Haven that can be built the unit is Consumed in the building of the haven. The Pirate Haven now acts more like a pirate base. If you unload trade goods there they are auto sent to that Ships home city. That keeps your ship from haveing to travel long distances to unload its cargo.. yay!

K, several bugs and such have been fixed as well thanks to the bug reports.

~Cheers

Dear Kailric! Yesterday I'v loaded new 0.4 version and began to play. First, Buccaneers can't make Plunder Trade route, with rum in the hold, there red inscription: won't without 10 rum. Second, Smuggler's Inn work not properly, criminals use rum, but days of intoxication not countdown. So I stop playing, cause no reason without Plunder. Sergey;)

Attachments

• Sergey 1506-AD-V.ColonizationSave
    202.1 KB · Views: 88
Dear Kailric! Yesterday I'v loaded new 0.4 version and began to play. First, Buccaneers can't make Plunder Trade route, with rum in the hold, there red inscription: won't without 10 rum. Second, Smuggler's Inn work not properly, criminals use rum, but days of intoxication not countdown. So I stop playing, cause no reason without Plunder. Sergey;)

Ok, I fixed that. Thanks for the bug report Sergey. I will upload the fix this evening when I get home from work. Look for 0.4b later to day for the fix.

Maybe, I'm wrong (I have no game on this PC), but to my opinion for Plunger mission in this version are required to have 10 cigars + 10 alcohol + 100 coins.

I agree with Smuggler's Inn delay. Real time of intoxication is longer than 9 turns. However, my criminal became the freebooter with a small delay. I don't know the reason of this delay. Maybe here:

<Type>UNIT_CRIMINAL</Type>
<Class>UNITCLASS_CRIMINAL</Class>
<YieldChange>
<YieldType>YIELD_EDUCATION</YieldType>
<iChange>-2</iChange>
</YieldChange>

K, I just uploaded v0.4b for testing. Cigars should no longer be required as they where not ment to be, only rum. Criminals should intoxicate and become freebooters in 6 turns, while other colonist should take 12 turns.

Thanks for the bug reports!

Great mod! However it found one very bad feature. Sometimes my attemp to load the saved game results in the crash to desktop. After this maximum that I can do - to load the first file (turn 0). Absolutely the same type errors I observed on previous 0.31 version.

Here one of such error. Please, see the attached file.

View attachment KJ Jansson AD-1496-January.ColonizationSave

Loading => crash on desktop.

AppName: colonization.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0010c01c

Current version: Privateer Mod 0.40.
Very strange bug.

When I tried to load the saved game under Privateer Mod 0.4 it said it required "Privateer Mod". Saved games from older versions of the Privateer Mod are not compatible with each other. Are you getting the screen in the picture below?

Notice I have Privateer Mod V0.4 loaded as it says in the top right corner. That save requires Privateer Mod so it is an older save. That could be your problem? When I try to load that saved game I get a crash also. If it asks for another Privateer mod than the one you have loaded then its a wrong saved game for that mod.

Does that help?

Attachments

• savedgame.jpg
    savedgame.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 551
When I tried to load the saved game under Privateer Mod 0.4 it said it required "Privateer Mod". Saved games from older versions of the Privateer Mod are not compatible with each other. Are you getting the screen in the picture below?

Notice I have Privateer Mod V0.4 loaded as it says in the top right corner. That save requires Privateer Mod so it is an older save. That could be your problem? When I try to load that saved game I get a crash also. If it asks for another Privateer mod than the one you have loaded then its a wrong saved game for that mod.

Does that help?

The directory where I have Privateer Mod has name "Privateer Mod". CvGameCore.dll dated 22.07.2009 21:51. This is version 0.40.

I started the game in this directory about 5 minutes before crash, saved game after few runs (please, see the attached file in my previous post), but then I tried to load the saved file, I had crash and back to desktop.

This save file is impossible to load, if the directory name "Privateer Mod V0.4".

The directory where I have Privateer Mod has name "Privateer Mod". CvGameCore.dll dated 22.07.2009 21:51. This is version 0.40.

I started the game in this directory about 5 minutes before crash, saved game after few runs (please, see the attached file in my previous post), but then I tried to load the saved file, I had crash and back to desktop.

This save file is impossible to load, if the directory name "Privateer Mod V0.4".

The directory should be named "Privateer Mod V0.4" and the CvGameCore.dll should be dated for yesterday as I uploaded the most recent version yesterday. Delete all version of Privateer Mod and then just use Privateer Mod V0.4. As I did a quick test and my saved game loaded just fine when my directory was Privateer Mod V0.4.

If that don't help tell me what information you can about that game, like who was your Leader and other leaders in the game.

I tried renaming my directory to "Privateer Mod" but the game want load at all like that.

Top Bottom