[Modular Modmodmod] Keepers of the Holy Places

;)
ok I understand.
It was just a proposition, on the spot.

I was just proposing to use the "Mirror" part of the Mirror of Heavens, instead of "Heaven" part... as we play in fall from Heaven...
ok I know you already thought about it.. i'll hide somewher ;)

as a side note, It seems, IIRC, that it is not a mirror fallen from heaven (mouahaha), nor a way to enter the heavens, but only sand that is so "hot" that it reflects the heavens, as a mirage.
Thus, the mirror part is important, not the heavens part

I wasn't so far from the "truth" :p

@Calavente, your comments are very welcome (even if you show up my ignorance on the FFH lore).

Does anyone have a link to that great .pdf that put all the FFH lore together, one chapter for each Angel? I used to have it but can't find it now. I'm flying by the seat of my pants a little.

I didn't try -100% yet. I did try -40% (without the government center) and that is when I saw colony messages almost every turn. I can't remember if it gave an option to split the colony, but I do remember it complaining about colony costs. -100% also removes costs from number of cities (government center doesn't), which would make courthouses and such pointless. Another possible solution altogether is to create a civ-specific civic that gives -100% distance costs. I'm not sure if this would solve the colony costs messages, however.

@Calavente, Maybe something along those lines. In this case they are protecting and taking inspiration from a heavenly artifact. I don't think Mirror's Guardian conveys that.

-100% will remove the number of city costs from 1 city, but not the others, worth giving it a try.

pazyryk :
I have 2 FFH pdf :
maybe they are not what you seek but try them (maybe "the bestiary of Erebus" is the one you want; it explain Angel's lore + the beast/summons/demons...etc in their realms).
the files are compressed in 7z as they are much bigger than the 500ko allowed for an uploaded pdf .

Attachments

• BestiaryofErebus.7z
    951.8 KB · Views: 64
  • FfH 2m Manual v1.7z
    7.5 MB · Views: 62
Tks, Gekko !!
I'll have a bigger FFH Library :D
I'll read them and see if you really have the correct one :D
EDIT : Ok, you linked to the correct one..
kuddos for you !

Bug or Feature ?

The "Brotherhood of Trenton" promotion doesn't grant Channeling I and Water I if you don't have the Monastery.

Also, after building the Monastery, promotion doesn't appear on creation but on the next turn if you keep the Monk in town (didn't try to move him).

@Silaor, fixed in 0.21. The problem was that I only can only run python between turns and don't have access to onUnitBuilt (when coding modular) and the free promotion given by buildings goes to all units of a combat type (all disciple, but I only wanted monks effected). It should all work in 0.20 if you sit in a city between turns. I figured out a much smoother way to do it for 0.21 (see 1st post).

I explored the unique feature Fire mana pyramid thingy... it disappeared and was replaced by a fire node just like in WM

Breez, I'll be releasing a separate UniqueFeaturesPlus mod soon that makes UFs permanent as they are in other modmods. If you explore a UF you get an "explored" version of that UF. Reverts back in 100 turns so you can explore it again. (Sadly, if you are playing the Elohim with 0.21 of this mod then you will get a "sealed" version that can never again be explored by anyone.) In any case, the UF feature itself will never "disappear" from the map no matter what you do.

ahh I am still on .12 I think I remembered you mentioning you were workign on making htem re-explorable but I am thinking now it was on the "To Do" list

I was reading through the lore compendium again (read it all through a year ago, but needed refresher). Some thoughts:

While it’s true that Elohim are primarily associated with Sirona, it was actually Sucellus who told them to tend the sacred sites. It was right after the compact, "...and at that spot seven fir trees were born to stand witness. Before departing, Sucellus tasked the order of the Elohim with tending to this and other sacred sites, some symbols of great importance, some fonts of power." So I need to change the "Sirona’s Pilgrimage" to something else that references Sucellus instead. "Task of Sucellus"? (I can't believe no one called me out on this one!)

On the Mirror of Heaven:
There are a couple references to "Revelation of the Mirror." From an elf child in the Beltane Cycle: "My father said that the Malakim receive visions from a sea of glass that is supposed to bless anyone who looks into it, to make him more virtuous." Of course, this child may be an unreliable narrator. But in any case, I think I have leeway to consider it a true heavenly artifact rather than just a geographic feature.

While it was Sucellus who ordered the first of Elohim, I think it is better to use "Sirona's Pilgrimage" than "Task of Sucellus". Or if you want a neutral term, why not "Holy Pilgrimage"?

I also think the "pilgrimage" part of the name is flawed. Pilgrimage implies going somewhere and then coming back, not going somewhere and founding an order (is there a word for that?).

I know that the "task" from Sucellus was ages in the past, but what other justification is there for Elohim going out to reclaim these holy sites in the new age? And isn't a task from a god timeless?

Download 0.21 in the first post. I've tested all of the new features pretty thoroughly. The imprisonment spell is really cool, and the two True Self spells (although it will be rare to see these). Some balance tweaks from 0.20 that generally make things a little more costly.

Installing ElohimKeeprs 0.21 will also install UniqueFeaturesPlus 0.10beta (watch for another thread on that).

One problem still unresolved: the new promotions look fine in the unit window but are big pink squares in the mouse-over. I probably need Selphi's help to get past this one. I don't think the solution will break saves.

Changelog 0.21 (will break 0.20 saves)

1. Found Order (formerly called Sirona's Pilgrimage) costs 120 gold to cast
  2. Changes to Order promotions:
    • given to all disciple units when built in city with an Order
    • given to single novice or monk present on tile when an Order founded
    • a monk without an Order can get one through Monastic Training (costs 60; 5 turns)
    • some base effects reduced
    • some level-dependent effects added
    • level-dependent effects applied to monks and paladins only
  3. Monastery can be built in any city (Elohom only); cost reduced to 120
  4. Monastery required to build Monk
  5. Monastery and an Order are required for Monastic Training
  6. Cost increase for upgrading novice to monk
  7. True Self, Imprisonment and Tongue of Moon and Sun added.
  8. UniqueFeaturesPlus (included in ElohimKeepers 0.21):
    • Mount Kalshekk (in jungle, provides gems)
    • Tower of Eyes (mind mana)
    • Aifon Isle provides Water Mana; Bradeline's Well provides Entropy Mana
    • UFs are permanent features on map (5 can be explored; 4 can be sealed)
    • Explored versions revert back to base UF in 100 turns
    • Sealed versions loose bad mana (death, mind) and can never be explored again by anyone
    • Bradeline's Well can be sanctified (looses entropy), but never sealed
    • Elohim can never explore any UF
    • 3rd level Monk can seal/sanctify UFs
    • Establishment of a Monastic Order will seal or sanctify the associated UF
  9. Can only build new capital in a homeland city

not playing-comments but reading comments :
sealing being permanent seems a bit "hard". If the city falls into the hands of somebody else (or the elohim are destroyed), one could assume that the invader could lift the seal, or at least try.(I mean, sealing is a hard option : removes a benefit -mana- + doesn't allow for bonus of "exploring"... it is a mechanism that reduces options for the player... generaly it is not really a good strategy.)

2 propositions :
-maybe you'll want make "sealing" not permanent but automatically enforced while the monastic order is present in nearby Elohim city or if a monk/paladin with the sealing ability is guarding the UF.
-Or maybe you can create a "spell" (like explore lair/UF) that is "unseal" available to all on a sealed tile. But only if 1) no Elohim monk/paladin on the tile AND 2) no Order of YYY city around.
the "unseal ability" costs some gold, maybe sacrifice the unit, or rise the risk of a bad outcome while exploring.
any of those 2 options means that to unseal a sealed UF, one has to make war with the Elohim and eradicate their influence on said UF.

Then :
orders that seal a feature are order that gives bad benefits for the Elohim City. It is as if it is a triple damaging action : 1) lose the UF's mana/benefit ; 2) cannot explore and gaing xp/sage/treasure; 3) have a "bad city" due to the order effect : -2happy / -health; -:science:% ...ETC. only bonus is the disciple promotion.
BUT THEY ARE NOT EVEN THE BEST ORDER PROMOTIONS !!

Maybe sealing an "evil UF" should give some bonus for the Elohim... either a city-bonus or a civ-wide bonus instead of a city-wide malus ...

I mean :
Guarding "good UF" is self-evident : who wouldn't want to keep an eye on those bonus ?
But guarding/sealing "evil UF" is the holy mission give by sucellus (or shirona?).... maybe the Elohim should be more "entranced / motivated" while guarding an "evil UF" as they are closer to accomplish the task given by the angel.
(is my reasonning understandable ?)

maybe the sealing of evil UF or the monastic orders that seal the evil UF should give city or civ-wide benefits for Elohim : +happy or +:hammers:% for unit production/disciple production or +xp for disciples in order-city/civ as the Elohims are motivated by the accomplishment of The Holy Task and many youngs are inspired to go train in monasteries and "ward the world from evil".

my 0.2

Well maybe if you explain your reasonning for giving malus to sealing monastic orders AND for making sealing permanent I might understand :D

The Broken Sepulture is the worst hit by the malus. But this city can still haul in up to 25 food and hammers from the tithe (without even having to have a trade route). I'm sure the dwellers in the city there are happier with it sealed (won't have Barbados knocking on the door). It's not all happy unicorns and princesses out there.

Sealing sort of implies some way to unseal. I'm not sure the best way to approach this however.

The Broken Sepulture is the worst hit by the malus. But this city can still haul in up to 25 food and hammers from the tithe (without even having to have a trade route). I'm sure the dwellers in the city there are happier with it sealed (won't have Barbados knocking on the door). It's not all happy unicorns and princesses out there.

Well, city with good UF also get tithe benefits :)

Top Bottom