More Spies on CiV?

Mecatronico

Chieftain
I was playing a game as Brazil, on prince, no mods, so an easy game, I already won and was just toying with the AI. So since I was bored, I decided to try to revive the Romans that I killed first, so I gave Rome to another civ, declared war and liberated Rome. Well I was at the information age, and had built the Inteligence Agency already, so I had all the 6 spies and all at level 2, but what I forgot was that I had built the agency on Rome. So since I lost it, I built it again, and to my surprise my spies evolved to level 3 and I got spy number 7! So I did it again, gave the city to another civ and built the agency in another city, this time the spies were already at maximum level but I got spy number 8! Is this a bug or it is normal? Can I keep doing something like it to have as many spies as I want?
Pics:
Spoiler :

How do you revive a civ that you killed off? Pretty sure it won't let you liberate if you took the last city.

If you take it again from somebody else

All of the National Wonders behave in this way. IE, you can rebuild them if you lose them. This includes the three 'Artistic' Guilds. I interpret this as being intentional with a dollop of oops thrown in, in that when National Wonders were added to the game (such as Intelligence Agency) nobody thought to limit how many times you could get free X from it. Oxford University will keep giving free techs every time it is built, but I have not specifically tested for that scenario, though I have done so for various 'dummy hidden buildings' and regular buildings just to test what does and does not happen.

It is 'intentional' because all buildings actually work this way -- if there is an instant effect, eliminating the building (wonder) and then re-adding it to a city re-gives the instant effect. World Wonders and National Wonders are just buildings with some special code added to limit how many can be built either worldwide or per-player.

Players probably see this as a 'bug' -- mod-makers tend to see this as a 'feature' :D

Not that it would really matter as you wouldn't be putting up any type of record time with an exploit like this, but I know you can't do the Oxford exploit in HoF games. If you rebuild it for the second time for the free tech, your save is invalidated for HoF.

I would imagine any of the National Wonders that you get bonused out of would be consider exploitative in this regard, just most of them come too late for anyone to think of the exploit. ;)

Nice find, though. :D

Top Bottom