Resource icon

Multiple Unit per Tile 2016-11-07

Thanks for the extensive programming effort that it took to produce this. And this is much needed for exploring the Domination potential of Civ 6 gameplay.

But I am curious about your design and the results of your testing. How is combat resolved if a stack of unit attacks? What happens when a stack defends? Are support units affected by this design? If so, how does stacking affect their support function?

Last edited:
The game mechanics still happen the same way. Units only attack one at a time(must select each unit individually).
Much like the similar mod for civ v, this just allows you to have more than one unit in a tile. It also allows you to build/buy units while other unit is garrisoned,
and to share a tile with other civs unit(if not at war). As far as I can tell, any support units that have a range of influence still effect all stacked units as long as they are within that range (medics, great general bonuses, etc.).

... LOVE YOU... hate one unit a tile, and its customizable! fudge man, good work!

I have been working on other mods and have not played through a game long enough with this running to honestly answer.
I can say the settings for units per tile and stackable are included game settings, so I would hope they would apply to AI.
The only other change I made was in a request move operation function. There is a check to see if a swap-able unit is in the tile, I just changed the action to move instead of swap. So it is possible that if the AI moved onto a unit that still had movement points they would swap.

Hopefully someone who has downloaded and played more will have more precise answer. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

+1
My new favorite mod :)
Just made a short test, not sure about the AI and stacking part..

I'm finding 2 upt works well ,just to make micro less of a headache. I didn't see the AI use it, but I'm going to keep the mod on just for quality of life.

I've played this mod through several hundred turns and never seen the AI stack units beyond 1upt. I'm playing a 2upt option and loving it. But play balance is a bit of a question mark. I'm assuming from what I'm seeing that the AI is 'hard programmed' to 1upt. Any comments on how to possibly liberate the AI?

Hey, this looks promising.
Would the tile limit be modifiable by other effects? e.g. higher in your own territory, or on a road, or near a great general, or with certain policies or techs, etc.
(and then there's the problem of getting the AI to use the system....)

Getting a very odd glitch with this mod as of the Dec 20th update. My great person screen displays 'All great people of this type have been earned' in the first box, the rest are empty brown boxes and no great people can be earned, leading to the game being unplayable when I actually do earn a great person but cannot collect them to advance the turn. I'm not sure how this mod interacts with the great person screen, but after uninstalling all my mods, verifying my game cache and testing each mod one by one I can confirm that this mod being active triggers the issue. Hopefully it's fixable, as up until now the mod worked perfectly and I loved it. It's gonna be painful to go back to 1 upt now.

Playing a new game and found that it is no longer possible to triple stack units - I hope it's a simple fix as I really loved this mod!

Getting a very odd glitch with this mod as of the Dec 20th update. My great person screen displays 'All great people of this type have been earned' in the first box, the rest are empty brown boxes and no great people can be earned, leading to the game being unplayable when I actually do earn a great person but cannot collect them to advance the turn. I'm not sure how this mod interacts with the great person screen, but after uninstalling all my mods, verifying my game cache and testing each mod one by one I can confirm that this mod being active triggers the issue. Hopefully it's fixable, as up until now the mod worked perfectly and I loved it. It's gonna be painful to go back to 1 upt now.

I too am experiencing this problem, I can't understand how this mod affects it but it does. This is one of my essential mods, please update it, the game is nearly unplayable without it, definitely unbearable. I'm guessing the winter patch broke it somehow. :sad::(:rolleyes::smoke:

This also breaks my great person tab, I tried with a couple different mods that had the same effect so it seems to be something they messed up with the code in the recent patch.

Top Bottom