My Civilization V Achievements spreadsheet

wiser3

Chieftain
This spreadsheet is designed to show you your Civilization V achievement progress.

It can indicate what achievements you have or have not completed and how much progress you've made on achievements that are done over time.

It was created in LibreOffice Calc and saved as an ods file. It should also work with OpenOffice Calc. If people like it i'll make a version for Microsoft Excel.

LibreOffice can be downloaded for free from here:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download

OpenOffice can be downloaded for free from here:
https://www.openoffice.org/

Instructions for use are in the speadsheet "Readme" sheet.

Current version is:
Feb. 04, 2014 – V0.9
- need to get feedback from others and test with other log files

Disclaimer
This spreadsheet is provided as is. I made it for my own use, but figured others may also find it helpful. I provide no warranty that it'll work as described and you use it at your own risk.

Link to download My Civilization V Achievements spreadsheet:
www.trep4.com/_civv/My Civilization V Achievements.ods

Considering the limited testing that's been done so far i'm sure there will be some bugs. Please post your comments/bugs here.

Enjoy,
wiser3

Moderator Action: Not really an S&T topic, so thread moved to General Discussions.

I've made an update to this spreadsheet. Once fully tested i'll post it in the downloads section. Here's the file history and link:

History of this Spreadsheet

Feb. 14, 2014 – V0.9.1
- added your progress for the remaining counting achievements. I think i got them all now.
- fixed possible division by zero errors
- fixed some instances where “No data found” wasn't showing up correctly
- minor code optimizations
Known Issues
- sometimes all units in the Modern Major-General tab incorrectly show as built. This seems to occur when the spreadsheet is saved in OpenOffice then viewed in LibreOffice or vice/versa. Still testing this issue.

Link to download My Civilization V Achievements spreadsheet:
http://www.trep4.com/_civv/My Civilization V Achievements.ods

Hello,

The spreadsheet is great! I used to look directly into the debug file, but this way is nicer. However, the tab with the units count seems to be bugged. On units it says that have counted zero, the column C indicates YES, so at the end it seems thata I constructed 100% of the unites, but it's not true. The achievement is indicated correcly in the main tab, though.

Best regards,

Thanks for the bug report. This issue doesn't occur with most log files. I'm still trying to figure out why some people get this problem.

Please tell me the following:
1. Are you using the spreadsheet in LibreOffice or OpenOffice?
2. What version of LibreOffice or OpenOffice?
3. PC or Mac?
4. How do you get your achievements_debug file into the spreadsheet? For example do you import it in or open it with a text editor (which text editor) then copy/paste into the spreadsheet.
5. Can you please send me your achievement_debug file via a private message.

I'm also open to suggestions for how to best display the information. For example. with the latest version i put all the counting achievements progress as bold text and now i find it hard to see which progress line goes with which achievement. Of course anyone that's ever used a spreadsheet could easily turn the bolding off.

Thanks,
wiser3

Hello,

The spreadsheet is great! I used to look directly into the debug file, but this way is nicer. However, the tab with the units count seems to be bugged. On units it says that have counted zero, the column C indicates YES, so at the end it seems thata I constructed 100% of the unites, but it's not true. The achievement is indicated correcly in the main tab, though.

Best regards,

Thanks for the bug report. This issue doesn't occur with most log files. I'm still trying to figure out why some people get this problem.

3. PC or Mac?
4. How do you get your achievements_debug file into the spreadsheet? For example do you import it in or open it with a text editor (which text editor) then copy/paste into the spreadsheet.

I'm also open to suggestions for how to best display the information. For example. with the latest version i put all the counting achievements progress as bold text and now i find it hard to see which progress line goes with which achievement. Of course anyone that's ever used a spreadsheet could easily turn the bolding off.

Thanks,
wiser3

UPDATED

Apache OpenOffice 3
Apache OpenOffice 3
3. PC or Mac?
PC, Windows XP
Open in Notepad and Paste, using your described process
Yes, going to send soon.

Ok, i've got a new version of the spreadsheet that works with all the log files, text editors, and Calc apps that it's been tested with.

If no one finds any other problems or has any suggestions this version will become the release version.

Download link:
http://www.trep4.com/_civv/My%20Civilization%20V%20Achievements.ods

Thank you to all those that sent me their log files and/or tested this spreadsheet.

Feb. 26, 2014 – v0.9.2
- fixed issue where Modern Major-General tab status indicators didn't work for some people
* if no other issues are found this will become the release version

Feb. 14, 2014 – V0.9.1
- added your progress for the remaining counting achievements. I think i got them all now.
Known Issues
- sometimes all units in the Modern Major-General tab incorrectly show as built. This seems to occur when the spreadsheet is saved in OpenOffice then viewed in LibreOffice or vice/versa. Still testing this issue.

Feb. 04, 2014 – V0.9.0

Ok, i've got a new version of the spreadsheet that works with all the log files, text editors, and Calc apps that it's been tested with.

If no one finds any other problems or has any suggestions this version will become the release version.

Download link:
http://www.trep4.com/_civv/My%20Civilization%20V%20Achievements.ods

Thank you to all those that sent me their log files and/or tested this spreadsheet.

Feb. 26, 2014 – v0.9.2
- fixed issue where Modern Major-General tab status indicators didn't work for some people
* if no other issues are found this will become the release version

Feb. 14, 2014 – V0.9.1
Known Issues

Feb. 04, 2014 – V0.9.0

Still got the same problem. Using Apache OpenOffice 3. I´ll send you the file through a private message.

Still got the same problem. Using Apache OpenOffice 3. I´ll send you the file through a private message.

Hmm..., the log file you sent me earlier works for me no matter which text editor i use to copy/paste it into the spreadsheet. Try redownloading the spreadsheet. Maybe you didn't get the very most recent version.

If it still doesn't work please send me your log file and your ods file with your log file pasted in. Thanks.

Hmm..., the log file you sent me earlier works for me no matter which text editor i use to copy/paste it into the spreadsheet. Try redownloading the spreadsheet. Maybe you didn't get the very most recent version.

If it still doesn't work please send me your log file and your ods file with your log file pasted in. Thanks.

Hello,

I tried with Apache OpenOffice 4 in a new computer and now it works just fine. The updated file which I pasted in OpenOffice 3 still doesn't work in OpenOffice 4. Here is the link for the one that is not working, just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/av87okitljmgdvj/My Civilization V Achievements.ods

There are some differences in the way Windows XP clipboard handles text lines and encodings. I suspect this may be the source of the problem.

Perhaps like me others are working on achievements before Civ VI.
For those who are trying to make this work on Excel, I managed to get it working I think with just a few tweaks. You should find/replace the log file with all the characters in the readme with a semicolon or something, and then import it into the achievement_debug using Data->Get External Data->From Text. Then you need to go through the achievement list and fix the no data found errors: some formatting things are messed up for some reason - just make the name of the achievement match what is in the debug sheet. Works fine after that. Much thanks to wiser3 for compiling all of the information.

Top Bottom