My lands are a parking lot for my Ally's units

valamas

Prince
[Patch 1.0.0.26] I have open borders with Kongo. Kongo is treating my lands like a parking lot. We are in an alliance. This is odd behaviour since everywhere else has normal unit density.

Kongo has lots of units in my lands making it difficult to conduct my own business.

I am looking forward to the open borders agreement ending.
ScreenShot067.png

Attachments

• Valamas - Spain.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
I haven't seen it *this* bad yet, but yeah: That screenshot looks very familiar to me.

AI unit spam is insane.

Plus: I just realized that shot was taken on turn 155 ... and Congo had all that at its disposal? Geez ...just how badly is the AI cheating when it comes to production rate?

S.

It happened the same to me with France. She flooded my lands with no less than 8 spearmen, 4 charriots and some warriors.

First, I thought it was a Catherine's cunning plan, but I managed to secure an alliance with her.

Curiously enough, my civ was in one of the maps sides, hence it made no sense for her to deploy them there, unless she was planning to invade me.

In any case, that was a good motivation to multiply my army per three... Just in case...

AI unit spam is insane.

Plus: I just realized that shot was taken on turn 155 ... and Congo had all that at its disposal? Geez ...just how badly is the AI cheating when it comes to production rate?

At the beginning of that same game I describe above, France tried to invade me in the ancient era, she declared war and sent me 6 warriors and 2 slingers. Having in mind that I just settled my city... it couldn't be more than 20 turns of game.

I would try to cut down on AI unit spam by playing the warmonger and killing every last one of them :)

Or even better yet... Kill them before they can raise such an army!

I haven't seen it *this* bad yet, but yeah: That screenshot looks very familiar to me.

AI unit spam is insane.

S.

Apparently pretty stupidly high. Thankfully they're still stupid and you can generally eclipse them in tech so your army corps one shot their warriors that they never seem to upgrade to the next level.

Brilliant! :D

I saw this happen especially on islands map. Completely impossible to get anywhere as there are units in all the shallow water tiles...

I've also had this happen to me, with Kongo as well funny enough. As a kicker I kept getting rampant complaints about "Your units are too close to our borders"......pot meet kettle.

I decided to open my borders to two civs who got into a war later...

Their fight, our world. Just amazing as they formed a frontline in my capital and fight it out as my citizens plough their farms around it and stare at them.

That's actually kind of amazing. Did they also complain about you having troops too close to their borders at the same time? :lol:

How did the war pan out? I wonder what would've happened if you'd let the open borders expire before they were done

That's actually kind of amazing. Did they also complain about you having troops too close to their borders at the same time? :lol:

It happens to me every game. They found a city near one of mine, load up the region with their troops, and then complain when I fortify a couple units along my border. I find it a little frustrating that I can tell them not to settle near me, but I can't complain about their troops amassing near my border. Even if they do nothing, just having the option to tell them to back off would be cathartic.

IMO the game needs some serious tweaking when it comes to unit-production and combat.
The goal should be to emphasize "quality over quantity", IMO.

- Adjust combat by reducing damage dealt by every unit - making every unit in the game harder to kill. Take the archer for example who is crazy strong ATM. My level 1 archer can reliably kill any barb unit with two attacks. Should be more like three or four IMO. Archers are a support unit, not a full blown combat unit. Same goes for warriors btw and their bonus vs anti cav units. Which doesn't make much sense to me, since a guy with a club seems a tad less advanced than a spearman ... so why should he easily defeat the spearman?

- Make warriors and slingers cost -1 in upkeep - thereby eliminating the AI's ability to spam vast early armies without having to pay for them.

- Reduce crazy spam-rate of barb camps. I just cleared one on Prince that spammed out one horseman *per turn* for four or five turns in a row while I was trying to get to it through the jungle. Another one I cleared after that spat out one Quadrieme per turn for four turns in a row.

- Generally reduce AI's tendency to produce military units non-stop for no reason - as it is now, this seems to be their standard "fallback action". Unless the AI is at war, plans a war or feels threatened, its first option shouldn't be to spam one military unit after the other. Would make for a more interesting game too if they focused a bit more on building up their cities and improving their lands.

S.

Last edited:
Top Bottom