(NAB: Feature) Diplomacy bug (or I'm just confused)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death's lawyer

Chieftain
Early in my recent game, I declared war on Japan and crushed them. They're still alive, but hanging on by a thread.

Now, whenever I start up diplomacy with Korea or China (and maybe a few other civs, I haven't checked) and try to trade for a RoP, they tell me that they "will never agree" to that because of how I betrayed Japan when we had an RoP agreement. China, however, apparently doesn't mean it when they say that; I was able to give them Chemistry in exchange for an RoP. They are still willing to take my gpt and resources.

The bug? I didn't even have an embassy with Japan at that point, and certainly didn't have an RoP agreement. Is there something else I could have done at the time that would cause this, or is this actually a bug?

If you have any units in a civilization's territory when you declare war on them (e.g. if you sneak attacked Japan or even if you had some random warrior in their cultural borders when you declared), everybody will accuse you of RoP violation.

That is, if you've shown in the past you'll go to war with somebody while in their territory, nobody trusts you in their territory ever again.

NAB: Feature

Arathorn

Ah, ok, that makes sense. I probably moved my units into their territory and then declare war when they asked me to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom