Naeralith Reborn Final Civ POLL

Which of the following should be the final civ for the Naeralith Reborn modmod?

• Total voters

Psychic_Llamas

Wizard in the Making
This thread is where Alzara and myself will be deciding on the final civ for the Naeralith Reborn modmod. below are the 8 entries that were suggested in the previous thread.

Please read the civ descriptions before voting, and for those civs that lack detail feel free to add your own ideas.

Spoiler Mechanical Civ :
I vote for a mechanical civ, fallow of course. All units would be golems, and they'd increase population through a repeatable ritual that increases in cost based on city size... That would probably have to work like the reborn discounts for the Scions in FF, by adding a building via python to increase hammers.

Spoiler Nantuko :
OMG that reminds me of the Nantuko! i love these guys seriously:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Spoiler Iriquan :
Name: Iriquan (Just a idea :))
Description: The Iriquan are multidimensional beings, they live in more than one dimension at the same time, and do therefore see things alot diffirent from other races. They use their multidmensional powers to channel what they call planar magic, and they are good at summoning. They have seen the pattern of the universe, and they know what would happen if the demons took over the world, so they fight for what they call the greater good. The Iriquan look abit like humans, but their eyes are a very pale green color, and glow all the time. The Iriquan have pale skin, and wear only light clothes, allowing them to move extremely fast. Some Iriquans have developed wings, and are called skyspawns. They travel on huge flying ships, using planar crystals as fuel.
Advantages: The Iriquan moves extremely fast, and are nimble fingered. Some of them have wings, wich allows them to move over mountains without problems. The Iriquan sees things from the viewpoint of many dimensions, and have a natural talent for research. They also have a love for mechanics, and build enormous flying ships just for the joy of building them.
Disadvantages: The Iriquan arent good at fortifying and heavy armor. They are weak in melee combat, and has problems with cold climate. Because they see things another way than most other races, they have a hard time making freinds.
Special Unit Ideas: Flying Troopers, Flying Ships, Fast Workers, Fast Troopers.
Promotions/Traits: Multidimensional: 1 first strike chance and 10% evasion (if that is something available for promotions...)
Leaders: Khuqua, The Overseer: A strict person that does not want anything to go wrong. (since i dont know personalities for this mod il leave that to you ;)) Okri Mintak: A kind ruler. Good at motivation, aswell as a being a fantastic warlord.
Heroes: Nizuk: A Iriquan engeneer, known for being the first making armor and weaponry out of planar crystals. A great warrior too.

Need anything else in this discription? tell me =)

Spoiler Formicans :
Well, the Formicans could also be your good assassin civ. But they would handle things a bit differently.

Their steath assassin-equivalent units would be called Seeders. Upon enemy unit "death" during combat or perhaps due to a special ability, the Seeder would inject a larval Formican into the enemy. The enemy unit would then receive a special promotion similar to the old FfH2 dragon cult promo. Then, after a period of time, the larva would pupate and one of two things would happen. Either the enemy unit would die and a new Formican unit would emerge, OR the pupa would decide to KEEP the enemy body and essentially flip the unit to the Formican civ (with all acquired promos stripped, though, to maintain some sense of balance). Either that or the "marked" units could be activated by a Formican National UU called a Nursemaid.

This could be fun, but powerful. Maybe best to make Seeders a national UU, too, so that both Seeders and Nursemaids had a limit of 3 units in the game at any one time.

This mechanic would exemplify the Formican values of evangelism and pragmatism. First, try to convert those evil beings to the path of good (by taking over their brains), or at least use their bodies to make more Formicans.

Finally, I think these guys can be "good" as it is defined in a dark fantasy game. In regular FfH2 many of the so-called "good" civs are mainly considered good because of the God with whom they affiliate, not their culture. (The Bannor, for example, seem like fanatical battle-crazed wankers.) The Formicans could be just as "good" as the Bannor for sure!

Spoiler Eutopia :
Name: Eutopia
Lore: Perhaps one of the most insidious of demons, the Catullus worm had the horrible ability of burrowing into the spine of a creature and controlling its body and mind. Over time, it would corrupt the host until they themselves became a demon, impregnated with hundreds of worms that it would unleash upon his friends and allies.

Serius was a priest of (whatever good god is appropriate), desperately trying to keep his people alive in a world that turned against them. Until the angel Vanessa came to him with a gift: the Cocoon. Once a Catullus worm, Vanessa's Cocoon was infused with the divine energy of heaven. It left the mind and body free, and acted to purge evil and hatred from the host. It also radiated a divine presence that gave the host an advantage over the demons that roamed the land. Serius was the first mortal to receive this gift. Soon, all of his people joined him. Other tribes soon followed suit, joining with the eutopia that Serius had begun to create. With the death of Alzara, the clarity and peace that the Cocoon brought about led to an age of enlightment amongst their people.
Leaders: Serius the Pure (Charismatic/Expansive/Tolerant)
Traits: Cocoon Host (for all living units. +5% chance of converting living enemy units on combat victory, +10% vs. Demon)
Mana: Mind/Body/Enchantment
Hero: Vanessa - An angel that first brought the Cocoon to Serius. Grants the Empowered I-V promotions to all units with the Cocoon Host promotion, based on whether she has Combat I-V.
Units: Immortal Replacement - White Moth. This unit looks like a small white butterfly. It is equipment that can be picked up by any living unit, granting them the Immortal promotion.

I am also toying with the idea of reducing all production of military units by 20% to show both their peaceful nature, and to compensate for the fact that they will be getting more units through combat. Also, I couldn't think of a very good name for this civ. Requests are welcome.

I like this idea because while they are a good civ (hatred and evil are unknown to them, and war is declared out of necessity and with great sadness), there is something wrong about their methodology. It is like forcing medication upon your population. The converting people mechanic is suppose to represent the fact that they really do not like to kill their enemies, but it could also imply that they are forcing these Cocoons on people. I hope the percentage chance is not unbalancing.

edit: I swear I didn't read Lute's post before I wrote this. -_- Beaten to the punch! Blargh!

Spoiler Berse :
Well, I have been thinking about this, and decided that I wanted to break off from some of the cliche's that defines good.

Cliche #1: Fat guys are almost always described as evil in most novels and whatever, what about a leader who is corpulent, but actually wise?

Cliche #2: People with sick sense of humour/cheapskates are evil (huh?)

Cliche #3: Basically to be good, most of them have to be fanatically devoted against evil (that seems to be the most cases in this thread as well)

Now if your brain had not turned to tapioca yet as the horror of the fact that I was actually thinking had not yet been registered, let me continue.

So I present you with Berse, a Good country with fat, wise king and neurotic,but somewhat humorous Queen. Basically, they are similiar to Balseraphs in their sense of humour (INSANE HUMOUR FTW!!!!!!!), but much less demented and stuff.

King Hartis: (Philosophical, Organized) (Good)

Queen Hartia: (Creative, Arcane) (Neutral)

Mana: Mind, Enchantment, spirit

Hero: Madigan: Personal bodyguard and commando working for the Throne. He is the head of the seekers. He sports a variety of gadgets to help fulfill his objectives.

Unit Replacement: Assassin: Seekers. Bodyguards and commandoes (starts with guardsman and stealth, higher can defend too), these assassins usually utilize exotic weapons.

Champions: <Insert Cool Name Here>: Weaker then normal champions to start with, they gain bonus empowered promotion for every 3 other of themselves in a stack.

Imortal: No name yet!: Weaker in total strength then normal Immortal, but can use gadgets produced by the Inventor's Workshop

Cannon: Wildhog Cannon: More collateral damage, perhaps allow for Ranged attack?

Berserker: Siege Golem: Name says it all, isn't it? :p

UBs: Inventor's Workshop: replaces Alchemist's Lab, adds 15% to the city's total science output. Also allows for the players to build Equiment "Gadgets" which can be added to the Seekers, Madigan, or their immortal UU I have been planning on

Tailor: Weaver replacement available to build at AESTHETICS :)eek:), draws bonus from silk, sheep, dye, cotton, and flax (if you haave included it in this mod Alzara :p)

Adding more later!

I need to nerf something now...
Cookies for anyone who gets the reference :p

Spoiler :

Civpedia for Queen Hartia (Well, not really, but just for my amusement and for more hints to its reference :evil:)
Spoiler :
“I CAN’T TAKE THIS ANY LONGER!!!”

The lady sitting on the throne clapped her ears in boredom as if she was now used to the process. She stared at the man in front of her.

There were many man in Berse Kingdom who was neither good or evil, but if only one could be considered the weirdest, poorest, most not frigging cared about, and most annoying to the queen, then it would be the man standing in front of her.

No one knew his real name, not that anyone really cared. He liked sewing, his many lies, a few illusion tricks, and his eternal tea time. What he hated were his puny pay from the queen, the queen who had repeatedly denied his request for more income, and very hard riddles.

He was a mystery as well. His pure white skin made him mistaken for a royalty more than once, but he was not. He was not a royalty, nor a noble, nor a peasant. He was not a normal human while he definitely was not an interesting one. He was nobody, he was like illusion, and he was a citizen of Berse Kingdom.

The queen rolled her eyes. “Mr. Liarpants, why did you come again this fine evening?”

The man quickly chucked up his middle finger. “I demand more pay!” He yelled.

Yes. That was it. What he really, REALLY hated was his tiny pay. Of course, he really didn’t do much, but wasn’t it an employer’s duty to make sure that his or her employee at least had a standard in living? The man definitely hated the queen for not even caring whether he lived or not and lowering his pay to puny 5 gold per month.

And the queen chucked up her very own delicate and very long middle finger at the man. “Shut up, fool, do you think that being a queen is easy?”

“You can’t do that!’ Yelled the man.

The queen sighed. And then she suddenly smiled. “Then sing me a song, then I will consider it. CONSIDER.”

The man seemed surprised. He had not expected her to order him to sing a song. The queen smiled at the man’s haplessness. This was normal, the man would come to her 3 times a week to ask for more pay, and she would deny him that by giving him impossible tasks. EVERY TIME.

Of course, there was the King, but he was a prodigious sleeper, and spent most of his days, well, sleeping. This gave the queen almost absolute dominion over the land. Oh well.

The man paced about the court room, and then suddenly cleared his throat.

“Okay, I’ll do it. Just don’t start Rolling on the floor.”

…annnnnd….

Hey! Look at that tree! Let’s chop it!

One Chop

Two Chop Chop

Three Chop Chop Chop

Four Chop Chop Chop Chop

Five Chop Chop Chop Chop Chop

(Infinite repeat, after reaching thirty, sing “Oops, my hand slipped,” then repeat again)

-Written by anonymous

“……Drag him out of here.”

“YES MAAM!”

“ NOOOO! Wait! WAIT! There is a second part!”

“……Knock him out, and then drag him”

“YES MAAM!”

It was a perfectly normal and perfectly peaceful day at Berse Kingdom.

Spoiler Glaer :
The Glaer are a tribe of men who dwell in the forested mountains of Arenth. They are an egalitarian society based upon the ideals of fraternity and harmony. The Glaer were forced to enter the mysterious Arenth when a previous war with the demons led to their near destruction. When they entered the mystical glades they allied themselves with the fae that had originally inhabited Arenth. The Glaer, or Shining Men as dubbed by the Rylonia, are great mediators and peacemakers. They are renowned for their silver tongues and quick wit, if not for their physical strength.

The Glaer, however, do not shy from war. They are experts at defending the peaks of Arenth and glades of the Fae. They are great guerilla fighters, though they lack an offensive punch.

The Fae occupy the position as chief magic users, and are powerful wielders of air magic. Though much weaker than other spellcasters, they are quick and able to hide themselves in wooded areas with ease.

Along with the Fae, the ancient eagles dwell on the peaks of Arenth. They will occasionaly come to the aid of the kind humans in times of war.

Focus: Defense and Diplomacy

The Glaer can build council halls, buildings that give a 10% diplomatic bonus with all other nations. The Glaer can also build Motts and Shadowed Glades, which give new human units Guerilla and Woodsman promotions respectively.
The Fae have the Awyr promotion, which gives Fae an additional movement point and increased potency for air related spells. Fae units automatically gain forest stealth when in forests, but can be detected by recon units.
The more advanced recon units of the Glaer are capable of making traps within their borders which causes a modeest amount of collateral damage to invading stacks of doom.
Enemy units in Glaer territory have a chance to be attacked by an eagle(powerful flying unit) will attack the enemies. It will stay for three turns then return to its hidden nest.

Leaders:
Lady Rhiannon- (Philosophical, Arcane) The archmage of the fae, Rhiannon seeks to unite the world into one nation led by a council of enlightened leaders. (Think Overcouncil)
Prince Ranulf- (Defender, Adaptive) Prince Ranulf (The glaer have no kings, only princes) is much more practical than Rhiannon, but he still holds the Glaer ideals at heart. As the direct heir of Owain ap Llelwyn, founder of the Glaer, Ranulf and the Council lead the Glaer together.

Spoiler DremonSkythe :
Okay, I will edit this later ... but basically I have a pretty good idea to share for a good civ, methinks

theme is fascist crusading demons/dragons (good alignment)

Nation: DremonSkythe
Leader: Verdoon -aggresive, fanatical, orgainized, oppresive, paranoid?, genocidal (against evil demons, tries to cleanse the followers of evil, tho usually they fail the process and die as well)
For reference I'd say aggresive/ organized, favorite civic domination

basically they are demons that see demons as being absolutely evil without hope for repentance, so they are demons (or dragon/half dragons) that believe the only way to combat the presence of evil is to attack all signs of evil with even greater evil ... in order to oppress malice and leave the world to those humans that would uphold greater virtues.

I can think of a tangent race to demons that grew either very self-hating or became enlightened, and had to kill off most of their race, to leave only those that follow their strict ideals to the exacting letter. (kinda thinking of Bannor meets Sheiam with a fanatical obsession with killing demons and repressing their followers in order to maintain their purity) gaining many followers of the "path of cleansing" ... dissillusioned, weakend humans, as well as fanatical humans, and perhaps anyone directly wounded by demons in the past, and survive with a free will to tell the tale, will join their ranks.
and then their offspring are cattleherded into the nation with the dictatorial control by the draconic "ministry of cleansing"

Important tho ... is that they still accept converts from Humans that absolutely hate demons, and even demonic converts ... although the testing process for demons has a high risk that prospective demon will lose their soul unless they are completely filled with a desire to destroy all demons from the world. Im thinking that the demons brainwash eachother into using the cyanide tablets/ explosive runes in their teeth or brains .. if they are about to fall into the ways of folly.
therefore (perhaps make their race half-dragon? or neoDemon? make all units with the actual demonic nature be immune to capture ... or even all their units immune to capture)

I think the palace, if similar to ffh mechanics to have -20 war weariness, fire earth and law mana.
unique buidings would be like the
Pit of Banishment with -20%maintanence -20% ww and +1 unhappyness.

Interrogation Cell/ Torture Chamber +1(or2) unhappy, grants loyalty and demonslaying promo to units built in city.

Purge the Unclean (possible namechange?) Perhaps a repeatable ritual that lowers all cities population by 1 and removes any neutral or evil religion ... unless there is one super good religion, in which it removes all religions but that religion, and its weight for that religion is an automatic adoption.

Although I am also thinking of them being agnostic.

Im thinking high end melee and recon units could be half-dragon.

Ravennor Exhalt: Hero could be a Librarian style Inquisitor (half dragon of course) weilding a scythe called a "soul sever" which eats evil souls and sends other souls directly to the good gods (somehow?)
I think he should be able to see invisible and get a considerable bonus against demons and undead.

Race would mostly consist of human followers, but a very openly fierce and strict oligarchy of dragons. (im thinking an offshoot of demons to be called dragons, tho more half/dragon really)
These zealos despots would control the most nefarious demon magiks and torture devices in order to eradicate evil from the world.

Michai'el the Cleansed -Im thinking a secondary hero could be a human follower, so dedicated to his dragon lords that he is completely protected from the daemonic evils. Perhaps he has the "cleansed" promotion which makes him magic immune to all evil magic. Im thinking of lesser demons automatically dying around him ... wether through a spell, mechanic, or an extreme bonus vs lesser demons. Greater Banishment perhaps a spell that causes 70% damage, can be lethal, surroudning like ring of flames, only affects demon race, hopefully only below level 4 or 5, and sends them directly to their capital.
perhaps make him slow to gain exp, weaker in some other way, and very vulnerable to humans or neutrals.

I dont expect any of these demons, except maybe one unit, to have 4 legs, the dragons I was thinking are more like humans or demons, only dragon head n claws, and wings. which is a racial trait for the particular minor race of daemonic kin which decided to instead genocide all other demons- and ultimately eradicate evil "and themselves" (maybe)

Meh... Berse was more like a joke for me. I got the idea after seeing 256th thingsn that Resident Evil movie stole from Alice in Wonderland (protagonist:Alice. Antagonist: Red Queen. Helper: White Queen etc.) :p

Cause I love being an idiot :p

Edit: And also as a rule, I never vote for myself, and I forgot what some of the civ was like :p

Couldn't resist... the Glaer are just such a cool idea :D

Al

You know, if Alzara and P_L agreed upon Glaer, which I also think is a cool idea, than it is case closed :)

You know, if Alzara and P_L agreed upon Glaer, which I also think is a cool idea, than it is case closed :)

LOL kinda seems that way, but I'd still like to hear people's opinions :)

Unless we form some modding Oligarchy :p

Al

yay for more votes! visit this thread :)

Well looks liek were not gonna get many more votes on this so...

*drum roll please*

and the winner is...

*continued drum roll*

Vernacular with the Glaer!

This civ was chosen primarily because of the good back story already made up by Vernacular, as well as its ability to easilly integrate into the world that ALzara has already envisioned. Not to mention i personally love the idea, as well as popular oppinion *cough*sevenvotes*cough* (i guess it helped that Al and Seon both liked them too) sooo its kinda unanimous :)

but yeh, awsome idea Vernacular, and id love to hear any further idea you (or anyone) have on this civ :)

anything else to add Al?

Well looks liek were not gonna get many more votes on this so...

*drum roll please*

and the winner is...

*continued drum roll*

Vernacular with the Glaer!

This civ was chosen primarily because of the good back story already made up by Vernacular, as well as its ability to easilly integrate into the world that ALzara has already envisioned. Not to mention i personally love the idea, as well as popular oppinion *cough*sevenvotes*cough* (i guess it helped that Al and Seon both liked them too) sooo its kinda unanimous :)

but yeh, awsome idea Vernacular, and id love to hear any further idea you (or anyone) have on this civ :)

anything else to add Al?

Anything else to add? *Ahem* Well ur the most hardcore ninja ever LOL :p

That leaves me as the late arriving pirate who failed to end the competition when he should (probably because he was too drunk on rum) hehe

CONGRATS VERNACULAR! Well done muchas. We loved the Glaer idea! Please PM me or something do discuss ideas for them. If you use MSN or something we could chat there too! :)

Also PL I told u that Eutopia would come second :p

Al

Top Bottom