New Destiny

lord_graywolfe

Wolfman
alright i have pretty much finished version 4.0 and have uploaded it to filefront for you. filefront seems to be having some problems at the moment though so i am also putting it on here in the download section and at atomicgamer. sorry it took so long.

ok just to let everyone know i will be posting the new work for this mod on http://civjunction.freeforums.org/viewforum.php?f=55. it still isnt ready but im working on it

Atomicgamer
Link: http://www.atomicgamer.com/directory.php?id=5121

File Front
http://files.filefront.com/NewDestiny+v40rar/;11985518;/fileinfo.html

430MB

this link is for all files for this mod old and new http://hosted.filefront.com/lordgraywolfe/

This is whats new in this mod, at least most of it, if i forgot to list something new i added im sorry but it will make for a nice surprise ;).
Spoiler :

ND v4.0
I have changed flood plains. it is now a +2 to food and a -1 to production, the -1 to production will only affect the plains or places where you build workshops and watermills. it will also appear in tundra, grasslands and plains now as well as desert.

I have changed yields on rivers, now ANY tile that a river runs through, with the exception of ice, will get a +1 to food. the ice/snow tiles will only get the +1 to income. if there is a flood plain it will take the place of the river yields not add to them.

You can now build farms on desert and tundra that have access to a river

I have added the Ice breaker mod

I dont believe the water animal mod is working correctlly and will not redo the python for it as everytime i have it has caused the tech videos to stop working.

I have fixed the misplaced tech audio quotes, some of the original quotes where being used by the new techs.

I have put the adj for the norse religion in, it was missing.

Added new promos, Desert1 & 2 and Arctic1 & 2. they add 20% defense on #1 and 20% defense and 10% attack on #2 as well as double movment in dessert and snow/ice.

Made the Harbor grant +2 experience to naval units

Made the Gunship upgrade to the hover tank

Super Carrier upgrades to Supernaught

Attack Sub upgrades to Phantom Frigate

ND v3.0
Added the Unit Allegiance mod updated by Amra
Added the Water Animals mod (just the waterspout) updated by Amra
Added the Glance screen
Added new Actual Quotes by Willowmound
Upgraded the civ/unit graphics to Diversica .95 by mamba

includes all patches,fixes and changes from 2.0 on

ND v2.0
Added the Iroquois back in from diversica
Added Australia from civ gold
Added new units
the jeep by snafusmith
and the hummer
the robot tank suggested and graphics provided by SOG
upgraded diversica to version .90
upgraded JPKs events
added in icebreaker by Orion
new civics added for late game
fixes many of the minor problems from v1.5
all civs now have 2 UUs, in the last version i had missed putting in several.
added trafalgar square by Asioasioasio

ND v1.5
Fixed the problem with not being able to rename cities or units. i have not yet checked it but this should also have fixed the problem with the corprate and colony buttons not working.

New units for future era
Star Destroyer
Star Cruiser
Supernaught
Starship
Space Fighter
Space Bomber

Tech Tree change

Iron working was move and comes later now.
The swordsman now comes with bronze working

JKP1187's event mod updated to 1.01
Mamabas Diversica updated to .70d
removed the unit allegiance mod

The Odyessy speed is 2000 turns and ends at the year 2601AD

Added wonder movie for forgotten palace

ND v1.3
changed odyssey to 2000 turns
changed main menu picture
changed starting music

ND 1.2
put roman roads bik file in
changed starting time back to 4000BC

ND 1.1
replaced missing menu options

New Destiny v1.0
By Lord Graywolfe

compatible with BtS 3.13

Norse/Legendary Saga
Greek/Oral Tradition
Egyptian/Mummification
Mesoamerican/Shamanism
thanks to Amra who let me import these religions in from his warlord mod and gave me a bit of help in getting parts to work :)

Discription:

New Detiny is a mod that adds a little of everything to the game. Filing in a few areas that i felt were lacking.
There are many mods out there already that probally have everthing i've put into mine and more. There are also
mods that probally add much less than i did. This is my first attempt at a full fledged mod and i've learned alot
while making it.If you decide to try this mod i hope you enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

Installation:

unzip this into your beyond the sword mods folder; Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
start the game and load the mod from the main menu.

Credits:
This mod is based alot on Arma's warlords mod, it just has a bit less, and i thank him for allowing me to use his great
work as a template for my first attempt.

Mamba for his Diversica mod which plays a large part in this

Grave
Marnz
The Lopez
JKP1187
Wolfshanze
Whiterabbit
C.Roland
Sevo
Gir

I know there are probally more i've gotten units, graphics or even just ideas from that i can't remembr right now.
If i have used material from you and not listed your name i'm sorry. Just let me know and ill be happy to add it to
the list.

Thank you all :)

Mods merged in:
I've added in JKP1187's event mod
The Lopez unit allegience mod, however that one isnt working at the moment and i dont know why yet.
Mamba's diversica
Enhanced tech conquest by Grave.
Sevopedia
Blue Marble

New units:
Elephant rider
Imperial marine
Galleass
Biplane
Steamship
Steam Cruiser
Dreadnought
Cruiser
Jet bomber
Stealth Fighter
Bombard
Hover tank
Hover infantry
Star trooper
I have also given every civ 2 UUs and plan at a later time to add a third. My goal here is to have units
spread out through the game. 1 in the early game, 1 in mid game and 1 in late game.

New Civs:
Scotland
Canada
Polynesia
Pirates
I also removed the Holy Roman Empire from the game

New Leaders for exsisting civs:
Hirohito
Joan of Arc
Dido
Theodora

New Techs:
Military training
Seafaring
Naval warfare
Anti-grav
Invention
Archeology
Tourism
Amphibious warfare
Steam turbine
Armor tactics
Super Sonic Flight
Aviation

New Leader Traits:
Seafaring: Gives free Navigation1 promo to all ships doubles production of harbors, lighthouses and drydocks
Scientific: +2 science in each city, doubles production of labs and observatories.

I have also divided the traits into 3 groups and given each leader a trait from each list. so every leader now has 3 traits.

the traits are orginized as follows;

Military:.........................Social:..........................Political( for lack of a better term):
Aggresive.......................Creative.........................Organized
Protective.......................Philisophical....................Industrious
Imperialist.......................Spiritual.........................Financial
Seafaring........................Expansive.......................Scientific

and Charismatic can fall under any/all of them

New Bonuses:
sulphur
cotton
cocco
tobbaco
coffee
citrus
Temple ruins
Natural Gas

New Buildings:
Inn: adds happiness from tobbaco, cocco, coffee and wine and increases commerce
Gas Plant: increases production
Archery Range: +2 to acrhery units experiance
Rifle Range: +2 to gunpowder units experiance
Garrison: +2 to melee units experiance
Tank Factory: +2 to armor units experiance

New Wonders:
World;
Big Ben: free bunker in each city and reduces war weariness
Leonardo's workshop : increase chance of an engineer and can make 2 citizens engineers
Copernicus's observatory : can make 2 citizens scientists and increases science output
Roman Roads: Increases commerce
Art of War: increases chance of great general and grants +2 experiance to all units built in the civ

National;
World Fair: increases commerce and happiness

Other:
I have also made some changes in the Tech tree. Construction comes earlier now. Compass is now Navigation, i moved the Cuiriser to
gunpowder. Moved the Grenadier to gunpowder. Moved Privateer to Nationalism. Moved Ship of the Line, Frigate and Galleon to gunpowder.
I know there are other small changes that im forgetting at the moment, oh well im sure you will figure it out.

I made a few small changes in some of the units also. the Machine gunner is no longer a siege unit but now a gunpowder unit.
All the UUs now start with a promotion that they will take with them when they upgrade.
The siege units no longer attack directly, they are defensive only and can bombard anything or anyone. I used a method suggested by Grave
They can still defend themselves if attacked. However the flanking attack by the horse
units is no longer needed and they now have a bonus against archery units. Once again i know there are other small changes that i'm
forgetting at the moment but that you will find as you play.

Well i think thats everything for now. I will appreciate any feedback on the mod. Im sure there are things i didnt think of that can improve it
so please tell me what you think is good and what is bad and what is yet needed.

At the moment there are no known issues, but much of the new stuff for this version included python. Right now i cant find any errors due to the python which makes me nervous, I have never had any luck in making python work right anytime i mess with it something goes wrong. so let me know if the unit allegiance isnt working or waterspouts arent showing up at all since they were most of the python changes.

Patches
Spoiler :

Ok here is patch 1 which fixes the problem with of the red dot units. ok to use this delete the modules folder, dont copy over it, and then place the modules folder from the patch in assests folder to replace it. it should take care of all the unit problems.

Ok patch 2, this is to add in some missing diplomacy. i noticed that when meeting some of the leaders they had nothing to say. this is more cosmetic than anything but i find it handy to actually know what they are saying sometimes ;). extract the patch and drop both the xml folder and the modules folder in your assests folder if you want to use this. thats it :D

Ok patch 3, this fixes the missing text on the planetary map. extract it and drop the text folder in under you xml folder.

Patch 4, this fixes the missing sound problems, at least as far as i can tell. extract the audio folder from the patch and drop in your XML folder, thats it.

Patch 5, this is a minor fix for the emoticons that show up on the game screen. it takes them back from 2 to 1. it also should fix the salt problem. simply extract and drop the res folder and python folder inside your assests folder, take the terrian folder and drop it inside your XML folder

Patch 6. ok this one takes care of three seperate things. 1st it fixes the red blob aircraft SoG found. once you extract the patch open it and take the Maya_CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos xml file out, it goes in Assets\Modules\Civilizations\Maya, just drop it in the Maya folder.
2nd fixes the problem of archeology showing up twice in Education on the tech tree. take the TechInfos xml file out of the patch and it goes Assets\XML\Technologies, drop it in the Technologies folder.
3rd is a small text problem in civlopedia, take the BasicInfos xml out and it goes here Assets\XML\BasicInfos, drop it in the BasicInfos folder and we are done. :)

ok this is not a patch its just a small change i made. i switched the leaderhead for Dido to the new one by C. Roland. the 2.5v has this change in it already so they wont need this. if anyone else wants to make the change though its a simple download. delete the dido folder inside Art\Leaderheads and then drop this one inside the Leaderhead folder. the xml file goes here Assets\XML\Art just drop it in and she should be good to go. :)

There is a prroblem with the ottoman cannon unit its a red dot, mamba pointed this out. This is mambas fix for it. extract, take the XML file out of the folder and it goes here Assets\Modules\Units\Ottoman just drop it in and its good.

Patch 8, yes i know the last patch wasnt numbered 7 but anyway. This patch fixes the english scout not having weapons, thanks to mamba and Chugginator for the fix, and also fixes the Australian city names not showing up right. take all 3 folders out and drop them in your Assets folder and thats it. :)

Patch 9 is to fix the fact that i forgot to give the Iroquois Leader his third trait. Download extract and take the Modules folder and drop it in your the Assests folder and its all good ;)

Patch 10 fixes the egyptyian horse archer problem. take the modules folder out and drop it in the Assets folder and your done.

you will only need the following 2 patches if you downloaded upgrade1a as upgrade2 already has both of them in it

Patch 1b this is the first patch for version 3.0, it adds the audio files for the new religions that were in upgrade1a. because of the size of this patch you will have to download it off of filefront using the second link on this page. take the assets folder out and drop it in New Destiny and it will overwrite all the files it needs to quick and easy.

Patch 2a the second patch for 3.0 this one replaces the TGA files fixing the religious icons on the map. extract the res folder and drop it in the Assets folder and your done

With any patch i recommend starting a new game.

Attachments

• PATCH 6.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 324
  • new dido.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 368
  • Ottoman_Cannon_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.zip
    895 bytes · Views: 315
  • PATCH 8.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 331
  • PATCH 9.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 224
  • Patch 10.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 294
  • patch2a.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 273
oops sorry about that ill fix that then. first mod and im still trying to figure out all the upload stuff. i had to replace the file anyway as i realized i had disabled some stuff during testing and forgot to turn them back on before uploading.

if there are any questions though please feel free to ask

oh some other things that got changed that i forgot to mention are that gunships now fly over water, as do the hovercrafts. also the upgrade path on the units was changed somewhat.

I will give it a try and perhaps feedbacking it...

I started with Julius Ceasar of the Romans and i just constated that don't have User Interface ?

I could see units, terrains but nothing other even the mini map !

@ Lachlan hmmm i dont know why that would happen as i definitly have the full interface and that was one of the areas of the game that i didnt do anything at all to but ill check and make sure i didnt leave something out or acidently change it somehow.

has anyone else had this problem?

i was just playing it myself and found out that the bik file for the Roman Roads was missing. i found that installed it and it worked fine so here that is in a post here on the site.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=242751&highlight=via+appia

i have also uploaded it to filefront under the same link as the main game

ok ive gone through everything i can think of and i cant find anything missing concerning the interface. it all seems to be there and correct as far as i can tell. ill admit im not the most experianced modder but i dont think i did anything to that part sorry i wasnt able to find the problem Lachlan

this looks really interesting
D/L started at both epic and odessey speed and each had the game ending at 50 ad :confused:

ok Brave Sir Robin i think i know what happened. i remembered that i was playing around with the starting time of the game and it was set to 6000 BC instead of 4000 BC and thats probally why it was ending at 50 AD. sorry about that i had forgotten about that, i never did test it to see if it affected the game end time but now i know. hmmm ill have to see if i can find a way to extend the time at the finish too. well here is a new global file. unzip it and just drop it in your XML folder and it will take care of that for you.

:goodjob: Just had a look at your mod: looking good! (Perhaps you could release a patch though... I also noticed that your mod's not yet listed in the DL Database.) Certain units (Axeman, Crossbowmen) don't display properly (it may be a graphics issue).

On another note: I discovered compatibility with certain scenarios available - would you mind if I made 1 or 2 scenarios for NewDestiny?:hatsoff:

@ Lachlan hmmm i dont know why that would happen as i definitly have the full interface and that was one of the areas of the game that i didnt do anything at all to but ill check and make sure i didnt leave something out or acidently change it somehow.

You don't have to do anything to have problems with the interface, sometimes I have vanished buttons, sometimes no interface at all due to incorrect unit xml definitions (i.e. refering to an art_def_unit which does not exist).

No idea why that interferes with the interface, but it can, so I guess you should check that all your roman definitions are ok, as I only get those glitches when playing the civ with the xml bugs.

EDIT: this is meant as general advice, I have not played your mod, so it does not refer to your mod.

I'm playing as the Russains and getting no problems.

I just unzipped that globaldefines file into my XML folder in case my game was going to end early.

I will redownload it

Top Bottom