New Destiny

I have a suggestion for the next version as well, maybe include some final frontier techs in, that way the new future units come later and you have more to research. Also maybe include a stealth fighter, I think that would be cool. And for some fun maybe a modern infantry, and Zerver's Future Infantry: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7287

hmmm well ill look at the final frontier techs and see if there are any techs i like. as to the stealth fighter it is already in the game, the f117 comes in at the same time as the stealth bomber. the future infantry i have a upgrade from the mech infantry to the anti-grav infantry, i would like to find a better graphics model for the unit though as the one i have doesnt do much but it does look kinda cool lol. i also have the future marine and paratroopers in there already too. thanks for the ideas SoG and i will look at Zervers stuff.

Your quite welcome. I should clarify when I said modern infantry I mean a human unit, rather than a machine, like in Avain's modern era expansion to his VD mod. Basically they are cheap good defensive units, alternatives to the more expensive Mech Infantry, and as a bonus they can be drafted.

Hey SoG sorry i didnt get back to your post earlier. well did you know i had the clones in the future area of the game? they are cheap easy to build units that are good city defenders but not good for much else.

one other thing i discovered when playing the game, which i still havnt played a game all the way through yet lol, that the corporate buttons still dont work. at least they didnt for me, i have no idea what i did to mess them up but ill try to find it as i make the new version. if anyone else has discovered it and fixed it on thier own id love to hear what you did lol. cause im stumped at this point on the problem

well when i make the next version ill try and test the corp buttons at each step to find out where the problem is. i thought i had fixed it earlier when i corrected some other interface issues but i guess not. sigh :crazyeye:. makes me wonder now if the colony option is working since it was also a problem earier.

Hey SoG you going to try to start up a mod for Civ IV? i know you had a really cool one for Civ III

I can't figure out XML(other than very very basic) every time I try to it crashes. But I might make a module mod of everything I like(civ4 poor-mans modding) and release that. I'm waiting for the new version of Civ Gold, I have a plan on combining it with VD if I can accomplish it it will be amazing.

lol ok ill get right on it. give me a couple of weeks to get it all together and to double check it. hopfully i wont miss as much this time through, i know ill probally miss a couple of things no matter how much i go over it though ;). ill try to have the next one up by st pattys day :). but no promises lol things can always go wrong.

Heres some units I think you should include in the next version:

Cyborg Tank: (Upgrades from Modern Armor, not as strong as Dreadnought however)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3543

Cyborg Infantry(doesn't require cloning factory, upgrades from Marine, Paratrooper, SAM Infantry)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3535

The civilopedia behind these units could be that they finally got over the fear of advanced robotics, no longer fearing a robotic rebellion, instead getting loyal cyborg soldiers and machines.

they cyborg tank looks cool and it would work for a robot tank i was thinking about. i have another upgrade from the modern armor already, the hover/ anti-grav tank, but wanted to add a cheaper model. I already have cyborg infantry in my game and they are the upgrade from the paratroopers. the SAM infantry upgrades to mobile SAM and that upgrades to the hover infantry unit. i was hoping to have a guy with a jet pack or something for that but i had to settle for a vehicle oh well. the marines have thier own upgrade to the star marines.

another unit ive been thinking about adding in if i can find it is a jeep, WWII style jeep for a recon unit that could upgrade to the HMV. but i havnt found one so ill just have the explorer upgrade into the infantry line. i hate unit lines that deadend before the end of the game.

another unit ive been thinking about adding in if i can find it is a jeep, WWII style jeep for a recon unit that could upgrade to the HMV. but i havnt found one so ill just have the explorer upgrade into the infantry line. i hate unit lines that deadend before the end of the game.

You mean something like this ? ;)

Just one last reminder, don't forget to update the Civilopedia for all the units in the mod that don't have descriptions. What I mean by that is strategy entries. If you want you could write civilopedia entries for them, using your imagination to come up with histories for them, but thats not necessary.

lol yeah i know SoG, ill try to keep the discriptions as realistic as possible but on a couple of the units i made up ill have to make up thier history too. the stratagey im to worried about, if i dont have one for a unit ill tell it to leave the field blank. I will be doing my best to make sure the mod is complete this time through, of course i will still need others to play test it to make sure i didnt miss anything or dig up any bugs i may have created ;).

HMMM the 100th post on this thread, never thought that would happen lol.

Top Bottom