New Member Sign In

fe3333au

Deity
:woohoo: Here we are an another MTDG ... wonder how what the next year will reveal ;)

Anyway I thought I'd start this thread so that we can Sign In and provide details.

< Insert Image (when we finalise) >

ROLL CALL ... The Council
... as per order of membership :salute:
*Non Bolded indicate yet to provide contact detals

zyxy - Netherlands
Aigburth - UK
Niklas - Sweden
peter grimes - US and A
fe3333au - Aussie
Nikodemus - Finland
Automated Teller - US and A
General_W - US and A
Paul#42 - Germany
tomasjj - Norway
Donsig - US and A
TheLoneMan - US and A
dl123654 - US and A
tonyf12 - Ireland

* This page will be updated periodically​

I have had experience with MIA from the beginning and concentrated on Foreign Affairs and also Espionage.

AIM ... fe3333au
e-mail ... flamingeye AT optusnet DOT com DOT au

Well, I guess I can sign in in this thread as well if you like... ;)

I'm a long time GOTM and SGOTM player, successful in both with an eptathlon award (PTW) in the former and two gold laurels with Team Smurkz in the latter. I haven't played any multiplayer games before in any form though, so everything related to diplomacy is new to me.

I will kindly ask that all contacts to me be via PM on this forum (or in threads of course). I try to keep a strict line between civ and the rest of my life lest the former take over completely ;).
It shouldn't matter much though, in most cases I check the forums as often as I check my mail, and when I don't it's because I wouldn't have time to answer anyway. I very rarely use IM in any form. Asyncronous you know... ;)

Peter Grimes here....

That is my real name, no relation to the opera, thank god!

I have AIM (pgrimesy)
I prefer yahoo for email: Pgrimesy AT yahoo

I was on MIA with FE3333au. I was defense minister for a few terms, and kept up the Armory thread, where I tried to keep our team appraised of our Military standing relative to the other teams.

I dont' have C3C, so I'm completely reliant on screenshots and turn-logs. I plan on being very active, but I'm not nearly the caliber of other players here. I can sometimes survive to win on Monarch. I play civ4 more often now :)

Well I had best make my sign in official and tell a little about myself :)

I have been playing civ3 on and off for around 4 years now, I started a new job a couple of months ago that has me travelling on the trains between various cities in the UK and spending nights in hotel rooms, as I have civ installed on my work laptop I have had the time to play a lot of civ recently. I am fairly comfortable at demi-god and could probably have a good stab at deity but I have got bored with merely playing to win and am instead now concentrating on fast victories. I recently submitted my first GOTM (a 1400ad space win in COTM29) and am looking at submitting a few HOF games. I think my overall strategy in civ is usually good however my micro management and worker management can become a little sloppy when my empire grows large.

I joined the last MTDG half way through (team doughnut) but found it difficult to get into the game at that late stage, also I don't think the set up we had facilitated discussion. My MP experience is limited to that last game and reading a few spoiler threads over at CDZ (I would recomend reading Kemal's spoilers if ever you fancy doing this, a great story teller).

With regards to contact, I check into CFC every day so a pm via this site would be preferred. I don't have AIM but can set this up if it becomes neccersary in the future.

I am looking forward to the start of this game and hopefully being more active than in the last game. If we can plan carefully, consider all the options and keep up a good level of discussion then we should have a good chance.

Here's to a good game :beer:

AT showing up.

I picked up Civ III last year around this time. I have never played a mulitplayer game before, so this will be brand new to me.

I've won on all map sizes, all game conditions, all difficulty levels. Against the AI. Never played another human player.

Am looking forward to the experience!

Hey, a little something about myself.

I mostly just play single player civ3, usually on demigod-deityish. I also have a little experience in SGs. Last MTDG I was with KISS, but unfortunately didn't really have enough time on my hands to really participate.

I have this Miranda instant messenger, which can do multiple networks at once, so you can catch me on either AIM (nikodeemus), MSN (tkokki@gmail.com) or yahoo (nikodeeemus). When I remember to turn the client on, that is. I have to say I'm a little unsure about my availability in the near future, as I will be changing jobs next week. I hope I'll continue to be able to check in daily though.

General_W signing in.
:salute:

I was recruited by Fe3333au &#8211; former teammate and still friend from MIA in the original Civ3 MTDG.

I'm actually a bit opposite of many of the rest of you &#8211; in that almost ALL of my experience is in multiplayer and I have very little single player experience. I've won a handful of SP games, mostly around Monarch difficulty iirc.
I stay really busy (I'm currently working 3 jobs, 1 full time, 2 part time, and caring for my newly pregnant wife) so a few years back I made the decision to almost totally give up single player games.
I still play a fair amount of multiplayer &#8211; it's my geek version of being social with my friends! :lol: (Good news is, I almost never lose at MP with my friends)

So yeah &#8211; I've played a whole bunch of PBEM and LAN games &#8211; a lot of Civ3, now it's Civ4, (and some other unrelated like Unreal and Call of Duty).
I love the MTDG &#8211; I decided it counts as multiplayer even though I don't know you personally! But I still only have limited time to play, and most of my effort has been promised to Epsilon Team (Civ4 MTD) &#8211; but I'm looking forward to pitching in here from time to time!

My experience includes:
MIA Domestic Minister (6ish terms)
MIA President (3 terms)
MIA Historian
Epsilon Team Constitution Drafter
Epsilon Team Foreign Minister (now in 2nd term)

I can be reached via
PM (of course)
Email: joshua.v.tucker AT gmail DOT com
AIM: GeneralW77
MSN: usaman77 AT hotmail DOT com

Looking forward to a great game!
:beer:

Signing in....

I have been playing civ3 for many years, and civ2 before that. Since a few months I also play civ4, though not very good yet. I was on Team Doughnut in the previous MTDG, active for the first half of the game, and lurking after that. Apart from this, I have no multiplayer experience.
I hardly ever play solo civ3 games anymore, but I am still active in the SGOTM and have played GOTM and SG's in the past. In the SGOTMs, Niklas and I are part of the glorious and slightly green Team Smurkz that exists for half a dozen games or so now, including the two with the laurels (they were his fault, I swear ;)).

My play level is demigod/deity. I love strategy discussions as well as meticulous micromanagement. Diplo is not my strong point, but foreign policy is great fun.

I can most easily be reached through a heads-up in the forums. A PM is second best, it usually only takes me a few days to notice the little number at the top of the page :). I hardly ever read my civ e-mail address, so that would be of little use.

I am really looking forward to this game. I think we have a great team and I hope for a fun experience!

zyxy said:
I can most easily be reached through a heads-up in the forums. A PM is second best, it usually only takes me a few days to notice the little number at the top of the page :).
Oh, but TF has upgraded the software, nowadays if you get a PM there's a blinking envelope there, much easier to spot. Not to mention it also shows up in your UCP. :)

I can't believe General_W followed me here :(

I thought I'd have free reign of the electoral process on this team.... Damn You G_W>>!>>!!>>!!!!

[I sincerely wish you and your wife the best of life with her pregancy! As you well know, that's HUGE! I only know that because Stacey is studying to be a dula ;)]

Watch out for this guy - he can play dirty when he wants!

Pregnant Wife !!!! :love:

Heart felt congratulations Gen_W :beer:

I have a feeling it gonna be a great team guys ... <I won't use the LOVE smilie again ... But I feel it already> :p

Thanks for the sentiments gentlemen! I appreciate it.

My wife is due in March, and the ultrasound people tell us we're having a girl! (slight note of panic in my voice! :lol: )

I'll be sure to post some pics when the big day comes.

@ Peter &#8211; that's very cool about Stacey. My wife and I will actually be using a Midwife for our birth instead of the whole tradition hospital scene. Some of my family thinks we're crazy, but we're really excited about it.

Anyway, thanks again!

Paul reporting for duty :salute:

I have some experience with Gotms and few with SGotms - none at all with PBEM. I'm looking forward to that experience. :drool:

I don't know yet how much time I can spend here but I guess it's related to the fun we are having here.

Private JJ here,

I have played the game on-off for years, and recently decided that I would like to get back into civ, in controlled forms...if there is such a thing.

Played some SG before, but am new to the demogames.
I read Whomp's advert, and figured it would be a nice experience.

Can barely win on deity, defendent on start/civ etc.
Or at least that was the deal when I last played civ some months ago.

I would prefer if you contacted me by PMs here on the site.

:yup:

:wavey: Welcome tomasjj! Another country to add to our list - we seem to have a large north-european influence here, with the three Scandinavian countries, NL, GB and Germany all represented. :D

Niklas said:
:wavey: Welcome tomasjj! Another country to add to our list - we seem to have a large north-european influence here, with the three Scandinavian countries, NL, GB and Germany all represented. :D

Anyone know any Danes we can recruit

From Liverpool?

Not a bluenose, I hope?:D

dinsog, present and accounted for, Sir!

I'm from the US (eastern time zone), have aim, etc.

Exprerience? I was on the first team to get eliminated AND the winning team so I've seen it all. :D

Top Bottom