New Patch (Hotfix) coming tomorrow

New patch and already a few new bugs. So far, it's only a minor annoyance (Cerro de Potosi texture bug).

New patch and already a few new bugs. So far, it's only a minor annoyance (Cerro de Potosi texture bug).
Have you verified the game files? That might help, maybe something got corrupted

Edit:
Although it indeed might be a bug, someone posted this as a fix (if one has the bug):
Actually it's multiple textures for the Wonder_Potosi - they don't have Feature_ preceding their names and it's causing the error. If you "OK" through all the error messages the game starts ok.

The fix is to enter the Wonder_Potosi directory and for each of the 4 continents make sure that any files that exist have the Feature_ prefix. It's <continent>_Cerro_de_Potosi_H and T1.dds. Renaming fixes the problem
Edit:
I myself can't reproduce this bug, by the way.

Have you verified the game files? That might help, maybe something got corrupted

I haven't seen the problem myself yet, only seen several reports. Verifying the cache did not fix the problem, apparently renaming the texture files does.

Mine says 1.0.2.44. It didn't seem to auto-update, though. I had to click "play" to update... something.

A hotfix would throw Mac/Windows out of sync, right?

GAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate this so much. How do you stop a windows from upgrading?

Mine updated itself about an hour ago (which was about an hour after my first post on this thread when it hadn't yet.)

It looks like some of the xml files for those using G&K also changed (in addition to the exe and dll ones)

Within Units:

CivVUnit_Promotions_Expansion.xml (this is probably the fix for upgrading Battering Ram to the next unit)

Within terrain:

CivVResources.xml (I'm not sure what this change is)

Can you tell me what DLC you currently have installed?

I was only relaying the information on the Steam thread and 2K forums. I haven't experienced this personally.

I have all the DLC and Gods and Kings installed. I've played one game since the patch, and Cerro de Potosi was not in it. I'll try to start a few huge maps and see if I can make it happen.

Graphical - Fixed issue with Rock of Gibraltar not showing up correctly.
Not the first time this has been "fixed"... we'll see.

Fixed an issue on a city flip/gift which would cause loss of city plots forever.
Good

Very pleased that they are still working on the game!

Fixed an issue on a city flip/gift which would cause loss of city plots forever

What is this about?

Happy about the graphical fixes.

People with mods watch out! Looks like they have not fixed the bug where mods are deleted when you go from on-line to offline (at least it's not in the patch notes). Suggest that you back up your MODS FOLDER before updating. Then update and go offline, delete the cache-delete moduserdata and reapply your mods manually.
Cheers

Top Bottom