1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

New Rules for CivConquest

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by cfeyyaz, Oct 4, 2005.

1. cfeyyaz

cfeyyaz Chieftain

Oct 4, 2005
    I was working for that for years. What I did, is to play the game and see the mistakes in the game (of course in my glance) and tried to solve the problem. And I did some interesting improvements. I will write the modifications but İ won't be remember all of them because I have already forgotten the original rules. Note that there is no map for this scenario so you can choose a random map or I will maybe give some interesting world maps in the future.
    So my modifications:

-Some nation powers are changed.
    -Improved gunpowder units attack, which means you can attack with rifleman or infantry but still they have better defense.
    -Modern units are made stronger that it is much more harder to be beaten when they are fighting with ancient units.
    -Knights have better attack, which completely overwhelmes ancient units (5/3)
    -Medieval inf has the att./def 3/3. Truth be told this change wasn't quite necessary.
    -Longbowman has defense rating 2.
    -You can't upgrade the infantry to mechanized inf. because I think foot units play an important role in battle.
    -Armored units are somewhat more expensive again for the same reason.
    -Cavalary can be upgraded to tank.
    -Medieval foot units can be upgraded to rifleman.
    -Caravel has the attack-defense 2/2 which may cause more naval battle in the middle ages.
    -Frigates are stronger than caravels.
    -Medieval naval units can be upgraded to destroyers.
    -Modern naval units are much more stronger.
    -All Artillery units have lethal land bombardment. The unit "Artillery" has also lethal sea bombardment.
    -Medieval ships have lethal sea bombardment. Destroyers, Battleships etc. have also lethal land bombardment.
    -Bombers have lethal land bombardment.
    -Unique units are also change parallel to other units.

Resources and Terrain:
    -Nearly all resources' bonus were changed. Especially silk gold and gems have quite much commerce bonus.
    -Important: Flood plain has food 2 but when irrigated it gives 4 food each turn.

City Improvements:
    -Fishstore: Electronics- gives extra food for each sea square (like harbor)
    -Museum: Flight- Culture 5
    -Printworks: Printing Press- %50 more scientific research
    -Palace is much cheaper

Wonders of Worlds
    I created some wonders that easy to build and gets tourist attraction in the future.
    -The Large Temple-Mystism 2 content faces
    -Obelix-Masonry 2 content faces
    -TOTGOW (Temple of the God of War) Polytheism- slight defensive bonus+1 content face
    -MAthematicians School- Mathematics- Same effect with the Library

New Wonder: Naval Academy: Combustion- produces a destroyer every 5 turns.

Note: I forget to tell some other modifications, because I cant keep all of them in mind. Iwill write them here:
    -Minimum # research turn is 1. So you dont need to wait too long when you are resarching cheap technologies. Also maximum # research turn is 50.

New Version:I solved the problem that, you can't upgrade a Horsemen to a unique Knight (For Example Keshik). I did small modifications in upgrading path so there is no problem anymore.

Attached Files:

2. Padma

Padma the Inbond Staff Member Administrator

Dec 10, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska USA
    Moderator Action: Moved to Completed Modpacks. It strikes me as more a mod, than a scenario. :)
  3. cfeyyaz

cfeyyaz Chieftain

Oct 4, 2005
    Sorry, you are right