New screens! Now with small units!!!

good thing its moddable. cuz despite the beauty, it would be a pain having to play at zoom levels where only 2 cities fit on the screen just like those screenshots.

So, no more comments on unit size...
I'm also happy to see the color of the dots has been saturated. Makes it a lot more distinguishable.

I don't want to open a new thread to ask a yes/no question that probably has been issuded before, so I post it in here.

Are the small white spots at the top of the unit's flag the new way of showing health points?

No... They've said the number of soldiers in the unit displays that.

So one assumption is the dots show how much movement is left for that unit... White, green or red.

Edit: (Oh yeah... And number of units in stack :) )

I didn't see RR in any of those shots... I'll go look again...

The roads clipped with the terrain twice in one pic if that's what you mean...

warpstorm said:
I love the color scheme (of cource it is similar to the one I used for WWT). And I like the bigger guys better. These will be too hard to tell when you are zoomed out to a playeble distance.

I think that units shall now scale based on your zoom, so when you zoom out shall they become relatively bigger so you can still see them. When you zoom in on the other hand shall they become smaller so they don't look like giants.

the units r allways the same size. when u zoom out they just LOOk bigger cuz there surroundings r smalle. when u zoom in they look smaller cuz there surroundings r bigger.

I wasn't terribly bothered by the larger units, but these do look better.

Now, can they scale the trees so that they get smaller when you zoom in? :)

I go with the "big units didn´t bothered me, but I like the small ones better" option.

EDIT: And hey, if this is the same thread. What do you think of the upkeep cost for changing to a better civic?
(I am waiting for you to say something, so I can steal your opinions to myself)

These graphics look much better now! (as far as the units are concerned)

units looks better, terrain still messy and cluttered. By the way, did anyone notice. In the 3rd screenshot, all things seem to be arranged diagonal, but the Civ borders are in the normal x-y axis arrangement. Seems a little odd to me :confused: Any comments?

joethreeblah said:
The railroads don't even look like railroads. I think they have dirt roads and paved roads and railroads now.

I have the same impression, which is great. So there might be more than 3 speed options, depending of if you are travelling cross-country, by dirt road, by paved roads or by railroads, or even could be a fifth option....

could it be that there is an option in the game where you can set the unit size to what your own preferences are, that way everyone is happy, personally from me the others were a little big, these seem a little small, but i dont have a problem with either.

@ i seriously doubt you would need to zoom in that far to often to play the game, they are just trying to show off all the fancy new detail in the game.

Smaller units. that's excellent. Now it's just the ridiculously messy roads and buildings (and make mountains passable) and I'll definitely buy civ4 on the first day it came out!

Urederra said:
I have the same impression, which is great. So there might be more than 3 speed options, depending of if you are travelling cross-country, by dirt road, by paved roads or by railroads, or even could be a fifth option....
Looks great indeed.

Now, another very small problem I have with the graphics are the beachlike river beds. Most rivers have green and dirt next to the water, not sand :)
However, it's a small issue, nothing I'm concerned about :)

Top Bottom