New SG!!! Regent? Emperor?

OK, it’s been a bit, but I remember taking it to the Iroquois. I’ll just continue that trend. I don’t believe we have any desire to continue with a 20k victory with only three of us, so I intend to produce military and settlers exclusively to head towards the domination limit. I plan to turn off science after we get steam power so we can rush temples and units, also because we should be fine with just cavalry.

Let’s continue, shall we?

Currently we stand at 38% of the world and 51% of pop. After filling in German lands, and cultural expansion, I would expect that to be about 45%. Rush temple in Corisomething. Change builds in all cities that already have a culture building (except CI). All builds changed to either settler, cavalry, or muskets.

1250 ad – (1) – Sheridan takes Allegheny. Start massing troops for invasion of Greeks/Aztecs.

1255 ad – (2) – We take Mauch Chunk, Cattaraugus, and Salamanca, securing wines.

1260 ad – (3) – Take Grand River, second to last city. We found Ek Balam, which gives us ivory.

1265 ad – (4) – We take Tonawanda, destroying the solid Iroquois. I will now focus my attention on the Aztecs, as the Americans are a bit large with this paltry cavalry force. I get Aztecs to declare on us. Give Greece gems for MA, for now. Stuart liberates Texcoco. We also liberate Xochicalco.

1270 ad – (5) – We discover Steam power, drop to a lonely scientist researching nationalism. Now at +517 gpt. Just for kicks, I start iron works in Palenque. I also rush some needed temples. Stuart & co. slaughter the anc. Cavs they had sent at us. I start a rail network. For the moment I am grouping native workers in twos, and slaves in fours, to make rails in two and three turns, respectively.

1275 ad – (6) – I basically waited for the rest of the reinforcements and took out whatever troops Monty could muster, which wasn’t much.

1280 ad – (7) – not much here, either. Hurried a couple more temples, killed a few more Aztecs. On a side note, these AC’s really seem like they’ve got a better defense than 2. Many are putting up fights even against our cavalry.

1285 ad – (8) – We take Malinalco, but both armies hurt doing it.

1290 ad – (9) – mostly worker moves here. Both armies are healing, and I’m organizing troops for next assault.

1295 ad – (10) – Generate another leader taking Tenochtitlan. Thought about rushing intelligence agency but figured a fourth army more valuable. We also take Tlaxcala and Tlateloco, leaving them with Teotihuacan in the south, and Tlacopan in the east.

Recap – Iroqouis gone, Aztecs close. We now control 51% of the land. I didn’t leave as many troops as I would have liked, but there are four cav armies now. A few units are on auto move orders to either the eastern Aztec city, or towards America, but not many. If a city is building a temple, then it has no culture building yet. If it’s building anything else, then it has at least one. Have the beginnings of a rail network in place. We can afford to rush 2.5 temples or cavs per turn. Most cities only have one token defender.

I think that’s about it, over and out.

Almost there!

and whats left of the aztecs .....

C'mon guys! Pindicator, M60atts? Just ten more turns from each of you and we can finish this. I think Pindicator is up .....

I'm still keeping watch, but as you say, it's Pin's turn. If it's just you and me, then I think we're done. Looks like you got the double whammy with that Dixieland game fading out at the same time.

1295, Inherited Turn
Rush temples in Tonawanda and Cattaraugus
We have a lot of units MP towns that don't need it. Republic = no MPs, and the central towns are at zero risk to attack. Will move troops out.

1300, Turn 1
Capture Teotihuacan. Army redlines and scares me, but survives.

1305, Turn 2
Capture Tlacopan. Aztecs are no more.
As soon as the armies heal, the Greece is the word.

1310, Turn 3
More roads, and more troop movements. Greece next turn
IBT - Shakespeare in CI; Start on Pentagon. Nothing like invincible armies.

1315, Turn 4
Declare on Greece. Three armies converge towards Thermopyle. Fourth takes out units in north of Greece.
Take Argos in the north. Mop up Greek units in our territory. Since I figure our four armies plus a little help can take out Greece, I decide I can take on America as well, but will not declare for another turn.
IBT - America seals their fate; Washington D.C. builds Smith's.

1320, Turn 5
Switch CI to Cavalry
Switch Yaxchilan to Pentago (3 turns to go)
Buy Korea into an MA against Greece for Iron.
First Army takes Pharsalos.
Armies Phil Sheridan and J.E.B. Stuart take Thermopylae.
Final Army starts seige of Athens.

Declare against America.
Take Buffalo in the southwest.
Take New Orleans in the northeast.
IBT - Americans have about 7-8 knights and kill three of our troops

1325, Turn 6
Army from Phalos takes Corinth.
Army in front of Athens takes the town.
RNG is being very biased as Cavalry are losing to Longbowmen... defending[/] Longbowmen.
Phil Sheridan and J.E.B. Stuart converge to capture Sparta.

1330, Turn 7
Army takes Delphi. Two other armies rest up.
Houston finally falls.
St. Louis falls, and a hero, Blue-Quetzal-Macaw emerges. Creates our 5th army: Quetzocoatl's Wrath
IBT - Pentagon completes

1335, Turn 8
Domination Victory :D
We have had 78% of the world's population, and finally hit 67% of land area to trigger the win.

Smoke-Jaguar the Magnificient.
Firaxis Score: 3476.

Final Save, after Domination Trigger

:goodjob: [dance] :beer:

Well done guys. Certainly won't make any Hall of Fame, but a victory nonetheless.

Glad we were able to get it done. Be happy to be in another one with you guys sometime.

:thanx:

Top Bottom