New to This mod, whats the latest version?

ivanbin

Chieftain
Topic.

Coming from playing RifE, and hearing this is a good mod. Hoping to try it, but obviously the latest stuff :D

Im talking about MoM obviously :)

You can get the latest version from the MoMana website (www.masterofmana.com); you want the base 1.40 version, and then you apply the 1.42 patch; and then there's a patch here on civfanatics that helps a bunch. You just install that on top of the other stuff.

The game is going to be very confusing when you start out, but stick with it and you'll adore it! I like to underpopulate my maps (so there's more unclaimed territory), and then turn on Raging Wilds, but you can go for any sort of game you'd like. When you have questions, feel free to ask them here!

Good luck and have fun!

well, i tried playing a game or two, and aside from not knowing where my iron keeps dissapearing to (even though im pretty sure i have positive iron income) its rather fun.

I do wonder though, is it just me or is the game progress (research, building etc.) about 10 times slower than on FFH2?
It says 500 turns for 1st tier spell research. I knot it will get smaller with more upgrades, but still... :crazyeye:

You lose resources every time you get into a fight; the type of resource is tied to the type of unit you use (leather for recon, for example). This confused me forever! If you run out of resources, you just lose the equipment bonus, so it' not big deal. The equipment bonus ranges from 2ish to 50ish percent, and it's a nice little boost.

By turn 250 (playing on a team with another human player, normal speed, with no tech trading) we have about 60% of everything researched. We have some end game units (arch mages, beastmasters, about to nab phalanxes). The city district specializations make a big difference, as does proper management of your improvements and economy.

If you have any other questions, please ask! It's so much easier to learn how the game works with help!

Perhaps we could play a game and you could show me. I seem to have much slower research.

Also, anyone have a problem with not being able to buy tech in advanced start?

Since I'm new to this Modmod I hope, you'll excuse my stupid question:

What's the difference between MoMana 1.42 and the Alpha/Extended? (I also saw something like 8.34 - was this Wildmana?)

MoMana 1.42 is the latest published version by Sephi and team. The latest patch for this is Patch G. I create a modmod, Xtended for 1.42. It is, more or less, polished, finished and complete. No more support is provided for this.

MoMana Alpha is the alpha version of MoMana 2. It contains different mechanic than 1.42, but since it is alpha, there are several mechanics that have not been implemented fully. For the example, Sephi wanted to change hell terrain mechanic, so he omitted the FfH's hell terrain mechanic but had not implemented his new mechanic. So, there is no hell terrain in MoMana Alpha. Unfortunately, Sephi got caught up in real life, so he can't continue the development and could not estimate when he will be back.

At present, I am working on Xtended for Alpha, trying to polish and balance the work that Sephi left. While it is at alpha stage, MoMana Alpha is very stable and fun to play. I hope combined with with my Xtended, it will be a full game, albeit with less feature than intended.

Edit: 8.34 is Wildmana version, before Sephi decided to move to Master of Mana.

Top Bottom