Newbie Questions

Carl5872

Prince
Ok 2 basic questions:

1. Do you need roads to access resources? I looked everywhere but couldnt find a list of the linked resources I had.

2. Can each city now work a 3 tile radius?

3. I didn't see any hot seat options, is that form of play (multiple people using the same computer) gone now?

I can only really answer your first question and thats A no as far as ive figured out, With the demo I havent needed to build roads from my resources to my City, With roads being expensive I only build from city to Capital.

I can only really answer your first question and thats A no as far as ive figured out, With the demo I havent needed to build roads from my resources to my City, With roads being expensive I only build from city to Capital.

Ok thanks, but is there a way to see which resources I have linked?

also in the demo, I linked roads to my capital but it didnt recognize it did this happen for anyone else?

Ok thanks, but is there a way to see which resources I have linked?
Top of the main screen, next to the culture etc. readout.

edit: Actually, that only works for strategic resources.

You can see the amount of happiness you're getting from luxury resources by hovering over the smiley face icon. If you want to see exactly which ones you have, there's a detailed info screen (domestic info maybe?) that shows it, though I can't remember exactly which one it is now. Just look through all of the screens available from the dropdown in the top right until you find it. :)

1) You don't need to connect the resources to your city by tile. They just need to be within your borders and have the correct improvement on top of them.

2) City can work up to three rings of tiles around itself leading a maximum of 36 workable titles.

3) I can't tell you much about the hot seat multiplayer option. I've read in other posts that multiplayer at this point is non existent. Check this later after more patches and updates from Fraxis.

3. I didn't see any hot seat options, is that form of play (multiple people using the same computer) gone now?

I read a post in the 2k forums yesterday that they would be releasing a patch with hot seat capability, for free, in the coming weeks (*read "months").

Thanks guys!

In regards to patches and downloads, what action is needed on my part to get future updates?

Also i looked in the scenario/mod section, but saw it was empty. Is there a way to download mods from steam? If so can someone put a detailed description of how to do it (pretend youre telling your grandpa)

In regards to patches and downloads, what action is needed on my part to get future updates?
Steam auto-updates. Just connect to steam in Online mode.

Also i looked in the scenario/mod section, but saw it was empty.
The game was just released. How could anyone have created mods yet?

well when CIV IV vanilla came out there were some premade ones that came with the game i bought, although i didnt get it the day it came out.

If so, once someone makes a mod how would i dl it?

Anybody know where the config file is, so I can skip the intro movie? I looked through the Options menus and didnt find an option there.

Just got the game but can't play it as it isn't released in my country until tomorrow RRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEEE

but I've noticed one thing where has religion gone? is it still part of the game? I haven't seen it in the technology tree

hey...aren't we all noobs ;)

but I've noticed one thing where has religion gone? is it still part of the game? I haven't seen it in the technology tree
Nope, religion has been removed, except that there is a "Piety" tree of social policies, and some Wonders with religious flavor. I did like Religion in Civ 4, and I wouldn't mind if it were added into Civ 5 in an expansion, but I'm not missing it all that much in Civ 5. There's so much other juicy new stuff that I'm very happy. Social policies are a whole second tech tree -- in which you have to make tough choices about which policy to choose. Hex-based combat is more interesting, to me. City-states add an interesting new dimension to several facets of the game -- diplomatic, economic, military.

Also, watch out -- roads cost maintenance now. Build roads between your cities for a trade route, but don't do more than that. You don't need roads to hook up resources; just use a worker to develop the resource tile.

In the game you download mods through the mod browser. It's suppose to be easy, I haven't tried it yet, so I can't tell you how to do it. When you start the game it's on the main page buttons.

Ah? is it 3 rings?

6 in the inner ring

12 in the middle ring

18 in the outer ring?

I hadn't picked up on the 3-tile radius... that's going to change how I layout future empires!

Top Bottom