News: TSG117 Announcement

With such great start and Brazil I will try to win with hotels only, so my strategy will be something like that:
tech fast to renaissance, get key wonders; world religion as first WC resolution; IG as second + carnaval + hotels + GMs' bombs = victory! :)

My prediction is that the top 5 fastest finishers all use war in late game.!

I really not so sure about it, unless you think about fake wars to get open borders to use GMs' bombs.
Cultural runaways usually have a lot of cities, so you have to build a big army get to him (continents!) and conquer all his cities.
In my opinion better use this hammers to build archaeologists and wonders and bomb him with GMs.

If a religion is actually available after that, with buildings, sacred sites could still be a possibility if we are really lucky. The map will have to tell though.

Well, I know only about one successful deity SS game - obviously on pangea; Poland with twenty-few cities, so good luck with that ;)

I'm thinking CB-XB rush on first continent to clear it before 2nd continent discover us via astronomy. Then go peaceful and aim for hotels and easily win IG (impossible to lose if playing wide). I don't even think you need Internet with Brazil if you have a wide enough start. Chances are you will hit a lot of landmarks. I forgot to build musician guild in my previous Brazil game and still won in the 230 range as a result of timed carnival during IG.

I'm thinking CB-XB rush on first continent to clear it before 2nd continent discover us via astronomy. Then go peaceful and aim for hotels and easily win IG (impossible to lose if playing wide.

Unfortunately it probably slow down your science progress significantly (especially if you will need XBs).

I am not going to warring at all unless I will be forced to do it (eg continent with only Zulus, etc), but in end final results will show who has right ;)

Unfortunately it probably slow down your science progress significantly (especially if you will need XBs).

I am not going to warring at all unless I will be forced to do it (eg continent with only Zulus, etc), but in end final results will show who has right ;)

I just tried a practice game with a nice two gems start, but no where near the amazing start this one has. I played peaceful tradition while trying to expand but I shared the continent with Assyria and they were on their way to destroy me immediately after turn 35. I wasn't ready to deal with them yet and I was tired so I mothballed it, but I am thinking twice about war now. Brazil just isn't built for that, I'm going to build the largest 4 city tradition empire in my little corner ever and maybe go on a killing spree after plastics if its actually necessary. I doubt it will be, not if I do this right and get Worlds fair and international games forced through, along with an archaeology spree. Tearing through the tech tree to internet and using freedom's policies to power my population through the stratosphere will be my path to victory. The Great Admiral would be nice with Liberty, but early population, gold and happiness are nicer. I'd rather just tech to navigation asap and discover the world with caravels.

Well, I know only about one successful deity SS game - obviously on pangea; Poland with twenty-few cities, so good luck with that ;)

Wow, well then my original assumption on Sacred Sites was right, and it should be avoided at all costs. I'm not messing around this time, 4 city tradition science game to internet while building my cities to a huge level just like my last successful Deity game. That doesn't surprise me one bit that it takes Poland and 20 cities to catch up to Deity's AI bonuses, I bet they had to keep the religion crazy AI's out of the game too so that all the religions wouldn't be gone by turn 45 like they do to me!

Assuming expos have similar growth potential and happiness isn't a problem then yeah, teching to Renaissance quickly is the way to go.

It will depend on when does the Congress appear. If you catch Education quickly enough and open Ratio from Astronomy you'll be fine

I really not so sure about it, unless you think about fake wars to get open borders to use GMs' bombs.
Yes. This is a war.

It's 19 minutes past midnight CDT and the file still says it's not available yet.

Moderator Action: Comment removed to preclude spoilers.

Sure, but they didn't exist at the time ;)

Havent played Civ in like ~4 months. Gonna fire up this one as a comeback :)

I very much look forward to trying a GotM! I will have to wait a week so I can follow the no-replay rule. I tend to play much too fast and make stupid mistakes. I have never been able to get a peaceful CV at Deity, so hope everyone is correct about how easy that is with Brazil.

For peaceful CV rushing Internet, what do people do with the Rationalism finisher? Do you save it for Internet and not worry about faith-purchasing GS? Or there another earlier (obviously) key tech to use it for instead?

Thanks!

You don't even need to finish rationalism with Brazil as you likely don't need airport ever. Use all faith for GM or 1 GA to trigger the final carnival.

Haven't seen you about for a while. Nice to see you back. Good luck with the game.

I have been elsewhere in your most excellent forums. Thanks and thanks!

You don't even need to finish rationalism with Brazil as you likely don't need airport ever. Use all faith for GM or 1 GA to trigger the final carnival.

I should be so lucky. My play is too weak and too slow. If I manage a CV at all, it will be with Internet, Airports, and NVC.

So how do I work the ratty finisher for CV? I have the same difficulty with DiploVC. Ratty finisher for globalization is the most beakers -- but that locks up the option to faith purchase GS until they are pointless. But maybe with CV it is better to spend 2500 faith on a third GA or GM instead of two GS? If that is the case, then saving ratty finisher to get Internet would be fine.

The problem with finishing rationalism is the amount of culture required. Aiming for a fast win, you'll never have enough time to get enough culture. You need 6 policies in both Freedom and Aesthetics and tradition, that's a minimum 16 policies if you're first freedom, and that's assuming you don't have any extra fillers. That doesn't leave much room for rationalism policies unless you have good culture CS game.
Being able to get free policies such as from oracle, SoL, first picks is good, but most likely you will miss some of them on deity.

I usually never buy GS for CV unless I end up with something like 7k faith.
the first 3 GM will cost 5k total (1k+1.5k+2.5k)
since the 4th musician will cost 5k which is too much, so I substitute it with 1k GS, and the extra GA only costs 1k

For anyone coming to this game late, on T0 you don’t have enough data to make an informed decision to SIP or not. Follows is a spoiler to remove that bit of RNG. If you want more spoilers, there are the Opening Actions and the After Action Report threads. I would characterize this map as being more difficult than the other recent-ish deity GOTM maps.
Spoiler SIP or not? :
If you like, you can settle a coastal cap by T2, in just about any direction.

Top Bottom