Nominations for First Chairman

I'd totally support you A.T.!

I retroactively nominate you! :D

I will be interested in this position at some point in the future, but definitely not until after the turn of the year. I most certainly have no objections against AT going first. :thumbsup:

An election is looming :woohoo:

This is a very important position and I would like to hear from nominees what method of reporting they will use.

In MIA (sorry to keep harping about the old days :old: ) we had a thread where orders were posted by the Ministers and then a reporting thread which had many screen shots posted ... since a picture is worth many words will the nominees create a similar system??

Before we start jumping to elections, let's see if we can resolve this in some other way first. I'd suggest that with two candidates, the one that doesn't take the first term gets the second. If someone wants to play, why not let them?

Because elections ultimately means choosing sides, which can bring about disunity. I would like to see us as one big :love: family, why should we need to bicker about who does what?

But on the same note, I am not the team and should not dictate how we run things. The point is consensus, whenever possible, including whether to vote or not.

This is a very important position and I would like to hear from nominees what method of reporting they will use.
This I would like to know, too. Some kind of "manifesto" :D
Yet I trust all of you to do a good job. However it's not bad to make and show a plan before starting a mission.

An election is as fine with me as an agreement between the candidates.

Later in the game when we better know the quality of the candidates it might be useful to have elections to prevent certain people from doing a job a second time :rolleyes: :D

The Turn-reporting must be specific and accurate enough to allow any of us to replay the save precisely in case something goes wrong with the save.

At the same time, a bland list of operations won't give those of us (like me :)) who dont' have C3C a real feel for what happened.

I haven't gone through all of the old teams' forums yet, but I have gone through most of KISS'. Their style of reporting left a lot of gaps. MIA's was, possibly, too much. Towards the end each save would take a couple of hours to play and report :eek:

I expect this will be a process of evolution, naturally ;)

How many people here have CSC and can actually play turns? I can.

At least in the beginning, we can get by with a simple screen shot before the turn and a description of what we are doing.

A log for each city of what is being done:
City A: Warrior->settler if a new thing is being built.
Worker 1: irrigation->road or irrigation->move S
Sword 1: attack MW to his N and kills him without losing a hit point, while producing a great leader!! Leader creates army - load sword 2, 3 and 4. Army attacks MW and wipes them out! Team Babe surrenders!! oh. got carried away there for a minute.

AutomatedTeller said:
Army attacks MW and wipes them out! Team Babe surrenders!! oh. got carried away there for a minute.
Hooray!! [party]

oh... :blush: ... well, it was fun while it lasted! ;)

I also have C3C and will try to chip in help with screenshots and CAII data from time to time. I'm pretty involved in the Civ4 MTDG though...

I think we need to spell out our reporting expectations so that the informaiton remains consistant from turnplayer to turnplayer. I also think it is up to the team to make it known what they want. The turn player can always go above and beyond that if he or she feels like it.

I was a turnplayer for the last MTDG and have also been turnplayer for some of the earlier democracy games. I think it is very important for us to have a game play instruction thread wherein the various charmen can post orders for the turn player to follow. These orders can be very specific (spelling out exact tiles that should be worked in a city for instance) or general (work tiles so as to maximize produciton). They can also be conditional, like maximize production unless we need scientists to finish research a turn earlier. In short, our chairmen need to give the turn player the proper guidance so the save can be played in accordance with our team's goals.

That said, the turn player must provide a log (as peter grimes pointed out) so the save can be replayed if need be. In addition to the log, screenshots should be provided. The type and quantity of these should be spelled out by the team as I noted above. I generally gave map screenshots of important areas and a pic of the F11 screen. If we completed a wonder I'd take a pic of the announcement. I'd include anything I thought was special. If we were racing for a certain tech I'd take a pick of the screen showing we finally got it and that sort of thing.

Chairmen can also go into the save and post screenshots of things under their jurisdiction. Really any teammember can post what he or she thinks are relevant pictures.

Another thing I did in the last MTDG (in an effort to spur participation and discussion) was to open the save when we got it and post some screenies of the upcoming turn. If we get at the save early enough we can post things like this and have a half day or more to discuss specifics of the upcoming turn. While this may not always be needed (especially at first when we're just pressing enter) but there will be many times such pictures and discussion will be beneficial. This is something any team member can do.

If donsig would like to do this, I can wait. I have not done it before, so if donsig is familiar with what is necessary, that may be the right thing to do.

Dueling Turnplayers! :lol:

Each plays the save, and we all vote on which had the more productive outcome! Then the 'power save' is sent on :)

I'm sure the Game Admins would allow this style, as long as we wrote it into the Constitution ;)

I would like to play a set at some point, but I'll be happy to let donsig take the first term.

Top Bottom