OOC: European Championship - place your bets!

Haven't been able to watch any more but I heard that Spain unexpectedly lost a match. Saw a newspaper article about the US goalie's injury but later heard he's good to continue playing. Guess I should go check the current standings.

Yeah, today the US faces Slovenia. Should make for a fun game, I think the US team has very good chances. I guess the game would be at 10 AM EDT, no?

Yeah but it was Friday morning, no chance to watch it due to work. Not even sure if it was on tv. It ended in another tie for the US. They can't go very far unless they start winning.

Yeah but it was Friday morning, no chance to watch it due to work. Not even sure if it was on tv. It ended in another tie for the US. They can't go very far unless they start winning.

exactly the same applies to England!

Still not able to watch those weekday games but caught today's match on the radio while at work this morning. It seemed the US missed a few good chances to score during the game and I had given up hope before the stoppage time began. It was an exciting finish though. Wish I could have seen it.

It was pure awesome! And so incredibly well-timed. I watched both matches in parallel, and the goal came literally within seconds of the England-Slovenia game ending. At that point Slovenia thought they were through to the next round - seconds later they weren't! But the US definitely deserved that goal, having had goals "stolen" by incorrect judgments in both this game and in the previous one against Slovenia. I'm glad they came through, and look forward to seeing them take on Ghana.

Well the US is out of it. Couldn't watch it because we had a graduation party to go to. I did get to listen to the first half on the radio. Germany versus England sounds like a good match.

As a German I must say: It was a great match! :p

And on a sidenote: an incredible fair game between these two opponents, in relation to the importance of the game! Just 13 fouls in a game, that's unusual even for friendly games... :pat:
Some English might think it was too fair, almost harmless... ;)

And the Germans achieved a tie on "Wembley Goals"... :p
However the '66 original was far more important... :mad:

where is a Russian linesman when you need one! It might have been different if we had got back to 2-2. Germany were just too strong on the break though.

my original script once I saw the draw for the last 16 was

a) we beat Germany on penalties (someone has to sometime)
b) we beat Argentina with a disputed goal (handball/offside/ anything like that - revenge for Maradonna)
c) we beat Portugal after Ronaldo gets sent off for diving
d) we lose to Brazil in the final because we couldn't get that lucky.

Obviously none of that will happen now, but an Englishman can dream!

That's what they still can :p

(Nevertheless I'm pretty sure, Germany's luck will fade some day and I didn't like to see Spain advancing in such a close match.
I'd rather have them as arrogant as Maradonna was...) :rolleyes:

Well, I heard the Dutch made it to the final. I'm not even sure if these games are still on television over here.

Top Bottom