Overpowered England

teriaky

Rich peasant
Don't you guys think England is overpowered? I mean, look at their bonus:
-Start with monarchy. Can get the Samurai Castle early on (great builder to do a fast job) and be overpowered offensively, or recherching feudalism early on (works better with a great scientist) and be overpowered offensively.
-Archer as strong as pikemen is insane. You can just get 1 archer to fortify, and repulse legion or cavalry army invasion or an archer army that can last well until the tank era (they can defend against freaking cannons!!). Since I usely don't adopt democracy (I almost always have a good tech lead, even on diety(except when the japanese are here, but declaring war on them without even sending troops make them slow down a lot), the only reason I recherch democracy as england is because of english pikemens look good:mischief:... they look like gladiators!!
-The doubled naval support is way to strong. Plus with the +1 naval strengh, it just make there ships... english ships... Seriously, I can take a city protected by a modern infantry army with a gladiators pikemen

Plus almost all wonders that aren't from antiquity are English/American. Finally, almost all there units look good! Except for the Rifleman(the redcoat is decieving compared to the french, spanish, russian and indian rifleman), they all look good!

I only play solo. Yes, if England is next to me, I am not going to rush them.

It takes a more patient approach to take them down. I find it very helpful to box them in early and limit their city numbers/growth.

Then chop them down later in the game with Knights or Tanks.

But no, I don't think they are that overpowered. Any more than EVERY Civ is overpowered in CivRev.

I play with England the most. I assure you they are overpowering military wise late in the game. But if you can get them early they are easy to beat.

I actually feel that the Aztecs are the most overpowered. If they last into the modern era and get modern infantry armies, it's almost impossible to take their capital!

The great thing about this game is that every civ is unique in its own way and powerful in its own right, the English In my opinion are a not a power civ, the power civs are America, Chinise, Zulu, Aztec, Arabs. The last 3 of those are only considered a poweciv because the unfair early game advantage to take capitals. Aztec can walk with there settlers and place next to you and rush a warrior and take your cap and if there is enemy opposition, you can build a warrior army quicker since you already got a free warrior, not to mention the auto heal if you win a battle helps greatly with getting barbs. The Arabs have fundamentalism from the start of the game, witch can be lethal. It is 9 attack with a veteran warrior army, so like a legion army that is veteran without fundamentalism. If your on a hill I believe it is 13.5 attack aswell as it would be with infiltration bonus would make it a 18 without a hill and with a hill it is around the ball park of a 21.5 I think (Not so sure about arab attack, don't use powercivs often, But I am sure about all besides 21.5)
The Zulu seem to get all the barbs including your barbs due to impi warriors ability to move 2 tiles a turn and the capability of usually getting to a ai cap early or a humans cap, ultimately ending in there death or never getting there hundred gold, witch sucks just as much as dying. In my opinion the Spanish are very much so are a powerciv although they are not usually in the top 5, but good players tend to know that so we usually don't play them, its more like a top 6, unless you don't play no germans in a teams game.

Top Bottom