Patria Grande: Civilizations of the Americas

Tomatekh, your Gran Colombia patch a few pages back doesn't really work. It's missing important information so just moving over the new stuff and overwriting takes out stuff like the unit and civilization entries. Trying to manually parse the new things over to the old just causes TXT_KEY problems and database errors.

Tomatekh, your Gran Colombia patch a few pages back doesn't really work. It's missing important information so just moving over the new stuff and overwriting takes out stuff like the unit and civilization entries. Trying to manually parse the new things over to the old just causes TXT_KEY problems and database errors.

You must be doing it wrong?

It 100% does work, although, as I stated, it doesn't work stand-alone. You need to have it overwrite the last version of the base Gran Colombia mod to get a complete update.

It doesn't take out anything or is missing anything. If you're looking in the files and don't see something in it's usual place, it's because the update re-arranges a lot of stuff into different files (a bunch of stuff, like the unit entry, gets squeezed into art define SQL file). This was the only way to update a lot of it properly since I couldn't create new files or set different files to load into the database. Because of this, I wouldn't suggest moving only the new stuff piecemeal as the update wasn't really designed that way.

Last edited:
Is there a patch or update somewhere to make Cespedes's Cuba functional? I'm not able to even get it to install and show up in the mod menu properly; it just crashes the game on the spot.

Well, I guess never mind, I managed to get it to install successfully. The issue, so far as I can tell, is that the game was crashing upon trying to unpack the .civ5mod file; unpacking it manually with 7zip bypassed the issue. I don't know why that would be a problem, but I guess it's resolvable so it's nothing too critical.

You must be doing it wrong?

It 100% does work, although, as I stated, it doesn't work stand-alone. You need to have it overwrite the last version of the base Gran Colombia mod to get a complete update.

It doesn't take out anything or is missing anything. If you're looking in the files and don't see something in it's usual place, it's because the update re-arranges a lot of stuff into different files (a bunch of stuff, like the unit entry, gets squeezed into art define SQL file). This was the only way to update a lot of it properly since I couldn't create new files or set different files to load into the database. Because of this, I wouldn't suggest moving only the new stuff piecemeal as the update wasn't really designed that way.

Ah, I see where the problem probably lies. Likely a duplicate mod support overlap, since I didn't even think of looking into those sql files for mod support stuff.

But, I really wouldn't recommend trying to install the update piecemeal instead of all at once by just overwriting the base mod with the updated files. Not only is most of the data moved around to unconventional files, but I believe I edited the modinfo file itself and a lot of the updated info between files is inter-connected. It's very easy to leave something out or not change something specific, which would then cause the whole update to not work. If you are looking to edit the update, I would suggest doing it after you've overwritten/updated the base mod instead of before/during. I tested the update several times with the overwrite method and a lot of users have installed it with that method with no problem.

Last edited:
Wow.. this forum looks so weird now o.o

Also:

[nvm]

Last edited:
Oh damn. I completely forgot I had asked for that map D: Sorry Hoop, kept searching everywhere to see if it was done and it seems I didn't find it. Anyway thanks for handling it again xD, will use yours instead.

I also made some changes to San Martin himself.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Hey People. Just wanted to come over and say that Rio dela Plata will be released soon. In the meantime enjoy an update to the Latino Soundtrack, now with voice suport for units for CulDiv!

The Provincias Unidas del Rio dela Plata with José de San Martín as its leader are here at last (after 2 years xD)
The mod includes an alternate map. Check User_Settings_RiodelaPlata.sql to change.

Steam Workshop | Direct Download

Civilization Concept:
As an alternate Argentina Civilization, the civ allows for good bonuses both for aggressive and defensive playstyles. Yerbamate Plantations are the core of the civilization, giving them extra growth as well as a defensive healing bonus. San Martin can use mounted units to further enhance growth by gaining Golden Age points. Finally growth gives a flexible bonus based on city focus.
Main Strengths: Growth and Combat.

Abilities:
UA: Docta Latinoamericana:
Whenever a Citizen is born you receive an amount of Science, Culture, Production, Food or Gold depending on the City Focus. Mounted Units grant points towards Golden Ages when defeating an enemy.
UU: Granaderos a Caballo: Replacement for Cavalry which takes longer to produce but has increased damage has an additional weaker 1 Range attack. Granaderos also receive the “Code of Honour” promotion, which heals half of their health points when starting a turn with less than 10 HP, the effect can only be applied once.
UI: Yerbamate Plantation: Unique Improvement for Rio dela Plata that may not be built next to each other. May only be built on flatlands next to rivers after the discovery of Horseback Riding. Grants a free source of Yerba Mate, yielding a total of +1 Food and +2 Culture aside from the plot yields, producing +1 more Food during Golden Ages.
Yerbamate is a Bonus Resource that receives bonuses with Granaries and heals owned units that start on their plot.

Included Compatibility:
· JFD's Cultural Diversity.
· JFD's Rise to Power.
· Sukritact's Events & Decisions
· Yet (not) Another Earth Map Pack
· Ethnic Units
· Civ IV Leader Traits in Civ V
· Unique Cultural Influence.

Credits:
· Leugi: Civilization Design, Code and most Art.
· regalman: Alternate Map.
· JFD: Code and utilities.
· Hoop_Thrower: City List.
· Tomatekh: Pedias.
· LeeS: Code Help
· Xunorus: Peace and War themes

Top Bottom