Penguinadua: Nursery of the Arts

Penguinadua: A History

“…To see Fair Padua, Nursery of Arts…”
Taming of the Shrew, Act 1, Scene 1

Penguinadua, located to the Southwest of the Fanatican Capitol of NoShoRet is a peacefully city, filled with people, culture and life. It is the seventh most productive city of the empire and is the seventh largest commerce city in the nation (there are four cities tied for sixth, so some may say it is the eleventh).

Penguinadua was founded in 1830 BC by some guy claiming to be a big black and white bird while tooting on a piece of cane and yelling “Its not real! None of this is real! There are no penguins in the real world!” After being carted away and locked up for possession of a spirit and a bag of cool three pronged green leaves, the town settled down and got to business.

Within time, the community became a prosperous one. It grew and had many great buildings added to it, including Fanatica’s largest collection of the works of Herr William Shakespeare and PU, Penguinadua University, home to the New School of Performance. In the List Wing of New School, the headquarters of the Obnoxious Citizens Brigade Improvisational Troupe. (the Troupe does six shows a week during the summer season, and in the fall sets off on its larger scale projects of musicals and Shakespeare)

Also found in Penguinadua is the Penguinaduan Institute of Finance. Here reside many traders on the NoShoRetEan Market, shaping our world and using twenty gold pieces as paperweights. Their motto: “We do enough to care the very least.”

Penguinadua isn’t only tightwads and actors, it is also home to an up and coming movement known as “Haven’t We Used This Storyline Before?”, where people are making giant peanut sculptures in the street and quote, “making love to the angry fish.” While some people are embracing this odd movement, others are sighing and asking “didn’t we do this already?”

So, come to Penguinadua! Dance the Chieftain in our Social Clubs! Play Poker with a bunch of depressed looking dogs! Be told that our moral values are being threatened by Pool Halls and that we need a Marching Band! Be recruited into that very marching band and play first and only Oboe! Recite Shakespeare while yelling at your director for being immature! Conduct a social science experiment to see if one can win a public office based on name only! Do it all in Penguinadua!

Penguinadua: Nursery of the Insane

Thanks. Now, for the Penguinaduan Chalange. The "History" contains several references to other things. 5 Points per item, 60 if you can name them all!

Note- the quote is not an item. i labeled it for what it is. pictures to come when i get back to the windows machine

I shall still contiue to live here if that is ok with the new mayor.

The year is 1550 AD. The Labor Camps of Fanatica are full of people deemed "criminals" by the government. Word is spreading around of a possible revolution of the people.
Authors Voice: Hey, wait a min. Arent we already in the "government of the people?
SaaM... you of all people should know that this is no where near an of the people, for the people government. Anyway, thats another story. Back to this one: Cue music Look Down....Look Down....Dont look 'em in the eye...A-a-a-a-a-a....Youre here until you dii-ee
Yep. Its time for Les Miserables Commies. Yes, 123455. My name... Is Karl Von Marx..

To be continued... Here or in the RPG, though?
Basic summary: Karl Von Marx gets to leave, goes to work in the factory, gathers followers, sieges Penguinadua (I said I was gonna do this again... Just minimal Dada this time (we're peaceful, so we cant rebel against the wartorn society.))

All are invited to participate!!! Grab a handful of characters and sing Les Mis!
One day more...

Javert: Well, 12345, what do you have to say for yourself?
12345: My name... Is Karl Von Marx.
Javert: You do not know the meaning of the law, Missure Marx.
12345 (Marx): I know the meaning of these 15 years.... a slave... to the "law"
Javert: Well, 12345, youre papers are in order. Please dont steal any more Beef Stroganof or break any more bottles of Chateau 1300
12345: It was a loaf of bread and a window pane, moron.
Javert: No, that was in Les Mis. You're "Das Comradde." You did a bit more then that
12345: Oh, right then... sorry... I'll go now.

So Karl Von Marx has been let free. What will he do now? Who will he MEET? THATS YOUR CUE, EVERYBODDY!

Given your city's Renowned Patriotic fever, and he disrest Karl Von Marx is attempting, I have decided to make your city a Military recuitment station for the region for the next 20 years or so (till the end of next turn chat). By which point I will then focus funding of a solution to the Hay Fever outbreaks which seem to so often rain havok upon your city by the construction of a great Hospital.

This way less people will be taken by the Hay Fever out breaks allowing your city to grow to become one of the largest cities in the world when we finally construct a spaceship to reach the stars.

I hope this plan meets to the Mayor's approval...

Dr. Strangepenguin: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying Or Love Building The First Fanatican Bomb

Sgt Ripper: Well, Mr. President. I'm going to say the letters P, O and E over and over again and you wont realize that it does NOT Peace On Earth and Purity of Essence, but that it is the Recall Code for the Bombers, all of which are currently on their way to Germany.
Boots: Grr! I have to be the Presiden(Ripper: POE)t, the Underling AND th(Ripper: POE)e crazy Doctor. I thought it was CG/Mara Jade (Ripper: POE) with the Multiple Perso(Ripper: POE)nality Disorder.
Prez Boots: Then we're all fine, Otto. (Ripper: POE)Now, I can be more sorry then you can. I can! Watch me be! *Pouts*
Dr. Strangepenguin: I'm an Ex-Dadaist from (Ripper: POE)England who is currently helping Fanati(Ripper: POE)ca stop Ripper's bombs.
Underling (I forget his name): Im the u(Ripper: POE)nderling. To those of you who think this is odd, wait until the aeroplain crew gets here.
Captin: I'm the captain. My jobs are to have the plane with the broken transmitter, to read thro(Ripper: POE)guh an odd box of supplies, which include but are not limited to: pantyhose, gold, drugs, and two tickets to "The Producers". I a(Ripper: POE)lso end up riding the bomb down, "yee-ha"ing as I fall, creating one of the most poignant images of the Nuclear Age.
Guy: Im just some guy. You wa(Ripper: POE)nt the announcer.
Well, as you can see
(Ripper: POE)
SHUT UP!!!
Anyway... this is just a plot idea I had.
Comment! It could go somewhere

Top Bottom