1. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Wait....For Eternity.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Ghonasiflaids, May 3, 2012.

1. Ghonasiflaids

Ghonasiflaids Chieftain

Mar 15, 2012
    Hi. I am playing a modded marathon game (legendary earth with a few additional mods) as Genghis Khan, am on turn 937, took over everything but the Americas, and just started war on the Iriqous. However anything passed this, I get stuck on 'please wait', forever. It used to completely freeze except the mouse, so I had to task manager out of the game, so I tried going in windowed mode. In windowed mode I can move around the screen, even open up diplomacy screens and trade, but it stays on please wait and turn 937. I click on units and all of them have a fresh new set of turns, but when I give them orders it does nothing.

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

Jan 9, 2012
    Try setting all the graphics to very low.
    If that doesn't help maybe try to play from an autosave from a few turns earlier.
    Good luck (but I'm afraid it's not likely to be resolved).
  3. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Sep 28, 2009
    Have you tried strategic view. That may clear up some resources to get to the next turn