Poll Results: 67% of Civers Play on Chieftain -- King Levels!

Originally posted by PaleHorse76:
Is this true? I thought they had the same rules as us, just that they know where everything is...

It's true! If you want a graphical example of cheating big time, you should take a look at the production box when you investigate an enemy civ's city next time you play on King or above! OK so it's not cheating as such because it is one of the documented ways that the game increases the difficulty at higher levels - by increasing the AI production rate over yours.

Anyway... back to the topic...

Why do I usually play at King level? Because I'm an old man now - 48 - and it makes for a nice relaxing game where there is still plenty of challenge to achieve new goals. If I want a bit of stress, and possibly less enjoyment, I can beat the Emperor or Deity levels instead, but I prefer more creative fun.

New goals? Yeah. For me I can play and set myself a goal other than conquer the world, or be first to land a spaceship, or make a new high score. I choose others things instead like win with a really early spaceship landing, or win with just one city, or win without fighting, or win solely with a government type I don't often play. The possibilities are endless...

Though I"ve had Civ II for a couple years now, my limited free time and penchant for micro-management means I've really only played a handful of games, and several of those were scenarios I was just trying out. I tried a Prince level game, but could never quite get ahead of the Souix. I finally quit when they started nuking my cities and were already ahead of me in building a spaceship, so I went back to Warlord. (a mistake, I realize now) About that time I discovered this site and learned what I was doing wrong. My current Warlord game is almost done, and I"ve totally kicked butt. I'll post in stories forum when it's done. I'll move on to Prince with confidence and keep moving up until I find a level that offers a good challenge that I can still beat. Having fun the whole time, anyway

Top Bottom