Prefered Government Type?

Monarchy>Communism, Monarchy makes far more $ per turn and has better technology. The extra secret police doesn't help very much and incourages you to build uneeded defense units. The theiving spys make almost no difference.

Communism is like it is in real life, in Civ 3.... :)

Also, the Aztecs were the only ones I have ever seen that did not try to get into Democracy by the industrial age(if at peace). They switched to communism.

A lot of these do not seem to make sense, besides the Iroquois question. China is Communism Monarchy, which I understand since Sun Yixian's main goal was to abolish the dynasty system. However, wouldnt this be the same for England, who used to have monarchs and then swich to being democratic? So why are they shunning despotism?

Also, I thought Egypt had monarchs, not tyrants, but im not so sure

Originally posted by Silverflame
A lot of these do not seem to make sense, besides the Iroquois question. China is Communism Monarchy, which I understand since Sun Yixian's main goal was to abolish the dynasty system. However, wouldnt this be the same for England, who used to have monarchs and then swich to being democratic? So why are they shunning despotism?

Also, I thought Egypt had monarchs, not tyrants, but im not so sure

I know the purpose is not to debate things that firaxis programmed, but England certainly isn't going to have Monarchy as their shunned gov, they still have a bit of a monarchy, which long ago was proven would not be allowed to become despotry.

Egypt's Pharoahs were theocrats, something not allowed in Civ3's "no fanaticism" environment. So you could call them monarchs, but they did have absolute power and they were capable of using it to some very wierd ends (interring their servants and pets, chasing the Hebrews around dried sea bottoms, marrying their sisters, etc.).

I would say with only six government types to choose from, they did a pretty good job approximating this table.

And now I know why the odd jumps from Polite to Gracious whenever I am a Republic and I deal with Joan.

I think the Iroquiois have communism because they didn't really have a centralized government. Everyone was equal per say.

Top Bottom