President's office- Term 1

do we want to pop-it right away? it seems like a no braioner since we're entering with a scout, but someone may have a better plan

POP IT!

gold is good, tech is better, and settlers rock. Another scout would even help...the others just help more long term.

I guess we picked the "right" way to explore. :)

theres a fair chance there may be a hut as far away the other side as well though, so if it is a scout should we send it back the way we came or keep going west and just more northerly/southerly?

I think we send the new scout back the way we came...that clam river mouth needs some looking over....before we build a city.

Pop the hut there is no reason to wait.

Turn: 4
Year: 3840 BC

Headlines:
Native tribes friendly, give 104 gold!

Aloha expands, more tribes sighted!

Spoiler unit moves :

move scout E-SE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 103 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 30/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 6 turns

Spoiler city builds :
city-building (turns to completion according to game)

Aloha-warrior 12

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

current ground deployment: 1
1 scout

Spoiler military locations :

ground forces:
Scout: east coast

aloha expands: turn4a.jpg

scout uncovers gold:turn4b.jpg

Note that if you rollover the coast, you see the tile giving +1 :food: and +3 :commerce: meaning it's an ocean and not a (small) inland lake

if were racing to the hut move the scout onto the hill north north west of where it is.

though that clams, cow combo looks like a nice place for a city if it gets a resource.

I was thinking we'd save the hut, there's no rush. I was thinking we would go NE-NE it's pretty efficient

Ah right i looked at the pics in the wrong order and assumed that you were already moving back, which i thought was a bad idea :)

It doesnt really matter which way we explore so long as we are uncovering area the majority of the time so whatever you decide ybbor :)

Great looking land.....

So ybbor...both of the big bodies of water are ocean or lakes.

Turn: 5
Year: 3800 BC

Headlines:
deserts discovered

Spoiler unit moves :

move scout NE-NE

science at 100%

Domestic matters:

We are running 100% science. We have 103 gold and are running at +0 gpt.

We have 40/85 beakers in agriculture - due in 5 turns

Spoiler city builds :
city-building (turns to completion according to game)

Aloha-warrior 11

we have 0 workers

all build okay?

Military Matters:

current ground deployment: 1
1 scout

Spoiler military locations :

ground forces:
Scout: east coast hill

turn5.jpg

right now I'm thinking NW-NW. any suggestions?

ybbor said:
right now I'm thinking NW-NW. any suggestions?

I was thinking we could do a big arc around the territory we can see heading N-NW then swinging around, because there seems to be a lot of bodies of water around the place so i think it would be a good idea to map out our area for future choke points etc.

right now..any direction looks good...either NW or SE/SW.

YOU GUYS ARE ROCKIN...with the turns. Good job.

Robi D said:
I was thinking we could do a big arc around the territory we can see heading N-NW then swinging around, because there seems to be a lot of bodies of water around the place so i think it would be a good idea to map out our area for future choke points etc.

I hope you don't mean N-NW for this particular turn- as that would put us on top of a mountain :lol:

@SE/SW: it looks like the island's almost done on that end, of course I just get that sense from AI-made maps...

True..I had the same idea around our capital...then look it turns out to be a Lake.

Also can any of us look at the save.. ..I am just curious about the land..I just dont get a feel for the terrain like this. I assume all of them have been kept in our mail box?

hmmm, pn further examination of the map i'm starting to wonder- where's the equator? to the north lies desert, and to the south lies jungle. I don't know what to amke of it...

I think..its a fractal map sorta thing...Ihave been toying around with it and you get some wild stuff like this.

I really dont think it matters....explore... find good land.... build cities.... kick butt. When all of the other teams are lying defeated then we can figure out what map it is. ITs more of a mental game to get us off our game.

IF I were to guess...You are looking at a Africa like situation...Desert... equator....then jungle/savanas

ybbor said:
I hope you don't mean N-NW for this particular turn- as that would put us on top of a mountain :lol:

@SE/SW: it looks like the island's almost done on that end, of course I just get that sense from AI-made maps...

I ment is as a general direction for the next few turns rather than specific ones for this turn

robboo said:
right now..any direction looks good...either NW or SE/SW.

YOU GUYS ARE ROCKIN...with the turns. Good job.

Yes, the turns are moving along nicely. It's a shame that only a few people have access to everybody's forum to watch the complete game unfolding. If it keeps moving like this, I may have to check in almost daily. :)

- Sirian

Top Bottom