Pretty addicting.

qutsemnie

Chieftain
I like how facebook games have been evolving. Decided to try this title after seeing this forum.

Two things I like most:
1) Optimizing a city takes genuine thought. I think it is an NP hard problem the way they set it up. I could see this design feeding back into non-pay to play single player titles. Where there is no city screen.
2) The trading! It reminds me of the classic title MULE with some of the interface of Runescape. It is tremendously addicting to leave the trade screen up and every once and while buy something low or sell something high. There are very few free to play games where there is a meaningful, fun, and simple to use auctioning system that doesn't make you feel like you are at work. They really nailed this. Though I think maybe you ought to be able to place buy and sell triggers since it is inevitable that someone will write a bot. Might as well even the playing field.

It is addicting.

Of all the bots to write, I haven't heard anyone complain about a 'Stop Loss' bot.

Cheaters are definitely out there, and the caravan Game bug illustrated just how willing folks are to cheat... but I haven't run into any bots that presented enough of a challenge for me to notice in the 6 months I have been playing this game.

Now if you ask me about 50 civbucks a day players or expert guilds... those are worth worrying about. :)

Top Bottom