Problems with attaining the Greek Fire achievement

Blanchflower

Prince
OK, I am the Byzantium and Greece is my opponent. I am trying to achieve the Greek Fire achievement. This achievement basically says that one has to sink 10 Greek ships. I am playing on the Settler difficulty by the way.

But the problem is, Greece is not producing any ships! What should I do? Should I increase the difficulty level of the game? Please help! Thanks!

:confused:

Play a hotseat game then you can control both civs and just crank out Greek ships for the Dromons burn.

Hotseat is a multiplayer option where the human controllerd players all use the same PC. It is different than online. Select multiplayer and then select hotseat. Set up the game so you control both Greece and Byzantium.

If you want to do the achievement in single player, it can take time to wait for Greece to build the required boats for you to sink. I did it using a tiny map where I selected Greece as one opponent and left the others random. I eliminated the other players and whittled Greece down to just Athens remaining. I camped three Dromons outside Athens for the majority of the game and snyped ships every time Alexander decided to build one. Once the achievement popped, I conquered Athens for the win! Not a very exciting achievement, but another box ticked on the road to 227/227.

Hotseat is a multiplayer option where the human controllerd players all use the same PC. It is different than online. Select multiplayer and then select hotseat. Set up the game so you control both Greece and Byzantium.

If you want to do the achievement in single player, it can take time to wait for Greece to build the required boats for you to sink. I did it using a tiny map where I selected Greece as one opponent and left the others random. I eliminated the other players and whittled Greece down to just Athens remaining. I camped three Dromons outside Athens for the majority of the game and snyped ships every time Alexander decided to build one. Once the achievement popped, I conquered Athens for the win! Not a very exciting achievement, but another box ticked on the road to 227/227.

OK, so if I win on a hotseat game, will I get the multiplayer achievement? I have yet to play a multiplayer match, that is why I am asking.

:confused:

I dunno about that. I got the multiplayer achievement by playing an online game with my brother so the achievement had been popped before hotseat was enabled in a patch awhile back.

I dunno about that. I got the multiplayer achievement by playing an online game with my brother so the achievement had been popped before hotseat was enabled in a patch awhile back.

OK, I know the answer. I never played any multiplayer match but this was my first hotseat game. I won the game as Byzantium and got the last man standing achievement! Strangely, I did not get the achievement yet for winning as Byzantium.

:D

Another option is to manually set several opponents to all be Greece. Then you can attack 1-2 per enemy and move on.

Give Greece some ships, sink them, repeat as necessary.

The problem is you set it to settler. The AI will barely produce anything. When going for this achievement I set them to immortal and I got it very quickly.

Play an archipelago game with 6 alexanders as opponents, king or emperor, worked fine for me ;)

Like many other people have said. I put my game on King, Duel map, Archi, with high sea. All I did was build 6 dromon and teched gold to support it. Then I sat my ships on all escape routes from Greece and waited. It took about 160 turns to accomplish but it was still quick.

No, it does not have to be the same Droman to make all 10 kills. You can have 10 Dromons with 1 kill each if you want.

Hi, I've been having difficulty with this achievement. I've performed the required actions over and over again but the achievement won't tick. I took a look at my debug.log file, expecting to find a counter which I guess would look something like;

[81296.265] DBG: Steam Stat: ESTEAMSTAT_DROMONGREEKSHIPS =

....or something to that effect, but there's nothing in the steam stat counter section in my debug.log file. Is this usual? All I have is the actual achievement line;

[81296.265] DBG: 223 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_XP1_33 (Greek Fire) = Locked

Like I said I've done it over and over, even tried using the FeiLing_GK_GreekFire-Theodora.Civ5Save file and that didn't do it either, what am I missing?

Thanks all

Do all 10 kills have to be in the same game? (I would assume so) I just played a marathon duel game; just me and Alex. King difficulty, on a small islands map. Boy, that was tedious at first. Alex only built a few ships. I think I sank 2. It was weird because he built the Great Lighthouse and then didn't use it. I finally got tired of playing and put him out of his misery.

Think I'll try it again with almost the same settings, but maybe epic pace and emperor.

Top Bottom