Project Zeta Reticuli

elmenhorster

Chieftain

Here's a scenario that is collecting dust. I started this a year ago, but never got a chance to finish it. The idea was to make it humans vs aliens that have completely different tech trees.
You start with Orion capsule somewhere in deep space that can fly anywhere on the moon to find suitable spot for landing (near minerals that may boost research) and establish central processor that is capable discovering things as long you keep it powered and updated. Once you're on the ground it will require to perform Soil Analysis before you get your hands on tech tree. While the Processor is busy you have two units on board to choose from. Assemble SAMPEX-II satellite and send it to explore surrounding areas or power up iCO robot that is unable to move, but will keep your Porcessor "content" when it requires "more energy". Both units become obsolete after Soil Analysis is done.

Terrain was taken and altered from Moon scenario, Aliens scenario, they get all the credit. It is in early stage the tech tree ends prematurely there are images, names and units that don't belong.

Attachments

• Zeta Reticuli Alpha.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 210
I think you'll find that ToT these days is quite a different beast from the clunky game of 1999.

I suggest you check out what has been going on in the last few years, what with the new ToTPP patch:
Which now allows us unlimited gold, cities, placement of multiple special tiles, and so much more.

Oh, and also 127 units! :D

If you are serious about scenario development, you should give it a shot. :)

I think you'll find that ToT these days is quite a different beast from the clunky game of 1999.

I suggest you check out what has been going on in the last few years, what with the new ToTPP patch:
Which now allows us unlimited gold, cities, placement of multiple special tiles, and so much more.

Oh, and also 127 units! :D

If you are serious about scenario development, you should give it a shot. :)

It's a more powerful tool that's for sure. I'll probably migrate to ToT and just tweak it to look like MGE with all the extra features. Thanks for the heads up!

Came across this while doing my scenario search and rescue work which includes scifi & moon scenarios. @elmenhorster this is very cool, it's a shame you didn't finish it or convert it to ToT as Curt suggested! I can see what you mean about unfinished too, as when I loaded your scenario in MGE I experienced nasty giant black triangle cities and black faction colours due to a incorrect palette applied to your Cities.gif file, your custom title.gif also appears as a giant black square due to the same reason. Once starting the game most of the AI settler units disappear off the map eliminating those players only leaving 2 or 3 survivors (although you intended this as human multiplayer so I guess that wouldn't matter).

So I've had a bit of a play around and corrected the incorrect palettes in Cities.gif and Title.gif. I then created an alternative 3v3CityFix.scn scenario file with cities already placed to stop AI settlers vanishing killing most players (I still left your original 3v3.scn file in there untouched). I spaced out the factions a we bit more so they don't trip over each other as much and each get 'sea' access and some special resources, I'd rather space them out way more but didn't want to stray too much from your original vision. I've attached my version with these changes to the bottom of this post and added it to the preservation collection!

Attachments

• ZetaReticuliAlpha.7z
    4.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Top Bottom