Question re: DLC's and purchases

NoMan89

Chieftain
Ok, I have been playing Civ V for a while, but have not loaded up any DLC's other than Mongolia. I would like to download all the official DLC's and purchase all the official Civ V stuff, but have three problems. First, I'm not sure how (or where) to purchase the stuff that I am looking for. Second, which DLC's are safe to download and where do I find them? And third, how can I make sure Steam will recognize them and add them to my games? Regarding the third point, I seem to recall purchasing something minor a while ago, but it never showed up in my Steam account.

You can buy the DLC on Civilization V's Steam Store Page! :D

If you want everything, then I suggest buying the "Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade" - it includes every single DLC (minus the new expansion, Brave New World), plus the pre-order bonus for Civ V, for a reduced price! If you want, you can even wait a bit until it comes on sale, it's not unusual to see it 75% Off (I wager it should get one soon, either when the expansion releases, or for Steam's Summer Sale).

Everything's safe, you buy it just like any other Steam purchase, and since you bough it on Steam, it recognizes your purchase immediately and will download it as soon as the purchase ends! :D

Just wait for the summer sale on steam, which could start any day now. Civilization V and all of its DLC will probably go 50-75% off at some point. You'd have no problem adding them or anything either.

Hello Fellow Die Hard Civ Fans,

I should have read this thread this morning before posting my long simple question. I too bought the Gold Edition this morning when I saw a Flash Sale with two hours remaining. I jumped out of my car and went in to my laptop and signed in and got it. Then not knowing how all of it will work out with the install since I already have Civ 5 base game installed with Steam. So I see above comments that I will be good to go and when I play Civ next time today or this weekend I am going to see major changes regarding new civs, wonders, etc. Great Summer Sale...75 Percent Off retail price. Two dollars cheaper than Gods and Kings at 50 Percent off. But it was a flash sale which I was just "Lucky" to see on my smart phone before taking off in the car to work.

Thanks

Brew God

Top Bottom