[Religion and Revolution]: Contributions from Community

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
Hi guys,

I know that there are several people out there, that are privately mod-modding Religion and Revolution.
So why not share your work with the rest of the community ?

So if you have created something nice, simply wirte a post and attach it or put a link to the download if it is uploaded somewhere else. :thumbsup:
(Please also describe it in a way that others may understand what it is about and can use it without bigger problems.)

So share whatever you feel worthy of sharing.
(Graphics, XML changes, a complete modmod, maps ...)

The main intention of this thread is to make it easier for community to find and use additional content related to our mod, without having to look in 10 different places.
(I will try to keep an index in this post, if there will be many contributions.)

I suggest, to use the current public release (at the time of creation) as a base.
(Otherwise it is probably a good idea to tell on which release you have created your work.)

---------------
---------------

A few "rules" / comments to this thread:

1. Do not attach or link anything illegal.
(e.g. breaking copyrights)

2. There will be no quality control by the original creators of the mod.
(So if you use work from this thread and it causes problems, do not post this as a bug of the mod. Report your problem in this thread to the creator.)

3. Please use this thread only for sharing your work or commenting on work shared or reporting a problem with that work.
(If you want to discuss your wishes, plans and ideas, please create a separate thread in Civ4Col - Creation & Customization.)

4. Same rules of conduct apply for this thread as in the rest of the forum.
(Stay polite, give credits where needed, ...)

5. Obviously this thread is related to content for Religion and Revolution.
(It simply won't make sense to present work for vanilla or other mods here in this place.)

---------------
---------------

Otherwise, I wish you guys happy modding. :thumbsup:

Hm, this thread has been completely ignored so far. :(

Maybe now that Release 1.8 is out, some more people might be interested to create some content for RaR and of course share it with the rest of the community.

A lot of improvments and features are still possible of course.
Graphical improvments, improvments of the logic, improvments to pedia and texts, more events, more achievments, big complex new features, ...

Maybe some of you might even join forces to create a bigger modmod. :dunno:

Do whatever you want.
But if you already invested work to create or improve something, why not share it ?

It is up to you guys. :thumbsup:

Maybe some of you might even join forces to create a bigger modmod. :dunno:

Do whatever you want.
But if you already invested work to create or improve something, why not share it ?

It is up to you guys. :thumbsup:

I've just started modding again, but I was too occupied over the past weeks to do much work.

I don't know how much I can do over the coming weeks, but I will certainly share it with the rest of the community.

As I'm an inexperienced modder, I probably won't be adding major new features, but maybe I can make improvements to features that are already there. For example, natives now come to your colonies offering to sell things, and I want them to be able to buy things as well. These kinds of changes are usually not very complicated, but they add much to the game.

A modmod for "Religion and Revolution" has been published.

For any discussion, please make use of the modmod's thread.

My modmod has been corrected and now works again for Africa and Port Royal.

Hi. I've attached a small modmod I've made regarding unit production. The idea is that units with "similar" professions should get a bonus while working within those similar professions.
For example, a blacksmith who's been working at forges all his life ought to be better at making cannons than the average colonist. More highly qualified professions (such as college-level ones) will be better at school-level professions in their group than the other way around.
The bonus is only applicable for professions within the group.

Groups:
  1. Smiths:
    Blacksmiths +25%
    Gunsmiths +50%
    Cannonsmiths +50%
  2. Woodworkers
    Carpenters +25%
    CabinetMakers +50%
  3. Fabric workers
    Weavers +50%
    Sailclothmakers +50%
    Rope makers (only 50% compatible with group) so +25% bothways
  4. Farmers( All crop producers. Does not include fishermen. )
    +1 bonus while working on other crop tiles except food and barley (which will get +2)
    No bonus from "resource tiles".
  5. Liquor Producers
    Beer Brewers+ 25%
    Rum Distillers+ 25%
    Winemakers + 25%

This modmod is for Release 1.8:

Download (will release soon)
  • Modmod for RaR 1.8: here
  • Modmod for RaR 1.8 Schmiddie's edition: here
Bonus with movement tweak (only for Schmiddie's edition):
Spoiler :

For gigantic maps (that i usually play on), I like to give a slight movement bonus to armies and more to ships. Usually +1 to armies and +1 to +3 to ships. So I've attached another version with those changes (this is what i usually play with):
  • Modmod for RaR 1.8 Schmiddies's edition with additional movement changes : here

Instructions: Please backup your \Assets\XML\UnitsCiv4UnitInfos.xml file before replacing it with the file in the zip. (use 7-zip\another zip tool to open archive)

I've thought of making a couple tweaks to RaR (which is a truly enormous improvement over the vanilla game, by the way, so thank you for making it) and I wanted to ask a couple questions before diving in.

1. I've noticed that the AI never, ever makes Mounted Braves or Armed Mounted Braves no matter how many horses I give them. This might be a bug in the AI, or it might be because of the predominance of forest tiles in the (Faire Weather) maps I play on. I thought of giving those units a 30% withdraw chance like dragoons get (basically by copying the invisible dragoon promotion and removing the part about +50% attack vs. cannons.) However, would the AI then recognize the value of these units or would it still not make them? I also thought of doing as a poster above suggested and giving all units an extra 1 foot of movement. This would mean that it would make sense to use horse units in forests. But again, would the AI change its behavior?

2. After playing for a while I realized that although I like having Africa, I really don't care for Port Royal. The problem is that it very quickly becomes desirable to switch over all of your shipping there, basically as soon as the tax rate goes over 20%. So you'll end up shipping everything out in a huge fleet of privateers and smuggling ships, and letting your empty galleons languish in port - or just selling them off. It seems like being able to access Port Royal is tied to having hidden nationality and there's no specific setting for it in the unit info file. Is it possible to just disable Port Royal entirely?

3. I find it's too easy to train huge numbers of units using native settlements. Is there a way to go back to the system from Col1, where they would only train one unit ever, other than setting the incremental training time to some very high number? (Of course this comes from Civ4Col, not RaR, but i thought you might know anyway.)

I also set the minimum distance between cities back to one and I'll probably make a few other tweaks, but again, I can't stress enough how impressed I am by this mod, so none of this should be misconstrued as criticism.

1. I've noticed that the AI never, ever makes Mounted Braves or Armed Mounted Braves no matter how many horses I give them.

That is not correct. It does.
I have seen them in my own games several times.

I am not sure though when.
I sometimes suspected, that it only did during wars.

2. Is it possible to just disable Port Royal entirely?

You would need to do programming. (DLL and Python)

3. I find it's too easy to train huge numbers of units using native settlements. Is there a way to go back to the system from Col1, where they would only train one unit ever, other than setting the incremental training time to some very high number?

Would be quite easy to implement by a bit of DLL programming.

I also set the minimum distance between cities back to one ...

Careful, this setting has lots of side effects.

I can't stress enough how impressed I am by this mod, so none of this should be misconstrued as criticism.

No problem, personal tastes are different.

But actually this thread is meant for publishing existing modmods or changed files for others in community.
It is not about asking questions for modding. ;)

Please use [Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions to ask for tips. :thumbsup:

I have made a small xml-mod to RaR2.1

Try it by a overwriting the conflicting files in the assetfolder of RaR2.1 mod with my files.

The goal of the mod is to make strategies more map-specifik, and give the player more intresting decisions about what strategy to pursuit. But mostly of course to make those changes i want myself and can make without much effort.

List of changes

- All starting prices of goods are non-random and have bin slightly modified
- Sellprices of food and building materials are always 1 everywhere.
- All sellprices in Africa is lower than Europes, except Trade Goods and Muskets.
- All buyprices in Africa is higher than Europes.
- All sellprices in Port Royal is lower than Europes, except alcoholic bevarages.
- Natives now pay more for alcoholic bevarages.
- Mounted Braves / Armed Mounted Braves are now strength 3/4
- Goody huts that gave 3 immigrants now give 1 immigrant + something else instead
- Expert Ranchers bonus is now +3(+1) instead of +100%
- Tavern line buildings now give small fixed production bonus.
- Gold/Gem resourse produce slightly less.
- Train station building removed
- Plastered road/Railroad slighyly/significantly more expensive
- Some other minor change i cant remember right now.

Attachments

• Assets.7z
    39.8 KB · Views: 143
Me too, mee too!! :) Nice to see so much activity already.
Myself and raystuttgart were discussing some ideas on the forum and I combined some features I wanted as well as ideas from him. There are some more ideas he gave such as having direct navigation between Port Royal and Africa, but I think I might keep them for a later modmod.

Taxes and Navigation 1.3 for R&R

Description

This is a modmod that alters the way the tax rate increase calculation is performed. This mod places emphasis on the value of yields to facilitate a more balanced export strategy instead of the "export high-value goods only" strategy which was optimal in the R&R mod. Previously, the increase ceiling calculation was done on the volume of yields bought\sold without concern to the value of the goods, thereby punishing players who exported raw materials a bit more via tax increases. I wanted to correct this in order to make the game more historically correct.
Buying goods also contributes only 50% towards tax increases as selling, thereby increasing your incentive to do more bilateral trade.

As to the other portion, i.e navigation I've included the idea of sectors in the goto map in the port screens. This will allow you to sail to a certain latitude in either the east\west coast. This was mostly born out of the need to not have "dummy colonies" in order to make ships sail to some regions in the Ocean directly. There are now 6 new sectors or geographical zones on each side of the map:

1. Northern Frigid (Arctic)
  2. Norther Temperate
  3. Northern Tropic
  4. Southern Tropic
  5. Southern Temperate
  6. Southern Frigid (Antarctic)

You will of course have to explore at-least one tile with access to Europe in each of the regions to unlock going to that region. The sector can be selected by clicking "Sail to the new world" button on your transport and hovering over the edge of the map in the corresponding region. You will still be able to access the general goto as the native R&R version by going away from the edge.
The 1.3 version features spawning only in border tiles to prevent a spawn in "deep sea" regions. Of course if a border tile has not been explored you will spawn in the deep sea region.

This modmod will also feature a "Go to africa\port royal" on clicking the Goto menu list for a unit (or pressing shortcut "G"). Thanks to raystuttgart for the suggestion and the community for your enthusiasm.

This also contains a fix in tax score calculation. Thanks to ADHansa for spotting it.

Warning
The save games from this modmod will not be compatible with the 2.1 R&R saves. I would recommend taking a backup of the mod folder before installing this.

Download:
Taxes and navigation 1.3 for R&R (~5MB)
Instructions: Extract into your R&R mod folder

Compatibility version for Schmiddie's version:
Taxes and navigation Compatibility for Schmiddie's edition (92KB)
Instructions:
1) Extract Schmiddie's edition
2) Extract Taxes and navigation 1 for R&R 2.1
3) Extract Compatibility

Attachments

• navi sectors.jpg
    navi sectors.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 199
Me too, mee too!! :) Nice to see so much activity already.
Myself and raystuttgart were discussing some ideas on the forum and I combined some features I wanted as well as ideas from him. There are some more ideas he gave such as having direct navigation between Port Royal and Africa, but I think I might keep them for a later modmod.

Taxes and Navigation 1 for R&R 2.1

Description

This is a modmod that alters the way the tax rate increase calculation is performed. This mod places emphasis on the value of yields to facilitate a more balanced export strategy instead of the "export high-value goods only" strategy which was optimal in the R&R mod. Previously, the increase ceiling calculation was done on the volume of yields bought\sold without concern to the value of the goods, thereby punishing players who exported raw materials a bit more via tax increases. I wanted to correct this in order to make the game more historically correct.
Buying goods also contributes only 50% towards tax increases as selling, thereby increasing your incentive to do more bilateral trade.

As to the other portion, i.e navigation I've included the idea of sectors in the goto map in the port screens. This will allow you to sail to a certain latitude in either the east\west coast. This was mostly born out of the need to not have "dummy colonies" in order to make ships sail to some regions in the Ocean directly. There are now 6 new sectors or geographical zones on each side of the map:

1. Northern Frigid (Arctic)
  2. Norther Temperate
  3. Northern Tropic
  4. Southern Tropic
  5. Southern Temperate
  6. Southern Frigid (Antarctic)

You will of course have to explore at-least one tile with access to Europe in each of the regions to unlock going to that region. The sector can be selected by clicking "Sail to the new world" button on your transport and hovering over the edge of the map in the corresponding region. You will still be able to access the general goto as the native R&R version by going away from the edge.

This modmod will also feature a "Go to africa\port royal" on clicking the Goto menu list for a unit (or pressing shortcut "G"). Thanks to raystuttgart for the suggestion.

Maybe, tomorrow I will try to merge this with Schmiddie's release and upload a version for Schmiddie's version users.

Warning
The save games from this modmod will not be compatible with the 2.1 R&R saves. I would recommend taking a backup of the mod folder before installing this.

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!l1tD0Bpa!A6KrNtVWIzGTNJrIxgy2EIIFzm69bl4eR406MqfbYHs

Thank you!

That sounds very interesting. However, I tried to test the mod-mod but it did not work at all...maybe there is missing a graphic file...the modified "sail to" map is missing...

When ray is available again (maybe in 2-3 weeks) I will discuss how we could implement this in the mod (if it works... :D ).

Fixed! The "Art\interface" folder path was "Art\interfaces" in the modmod :blush: Good catch with the missing image textures. (Lesson: never create a release package after midnight :mischief:). I have also re-uploaded modmod.
As for integration, I think a branch in SVN is better in terms of merging\conflict detection with upcoming 2.2 changes. But, i will leave the decision upto you guys!

Taxes and Navigation 1.1 for R&R
Download:
Taxes and navigation 1.1 for R&R (~5MB)
Instructions: Extract into your R&R mod folder

Updated a new version 1.1. This fixes a bug with native trading that could cause a CTD.
Also includes a fix for an existing bugfix in the R&R mod w.r.t native trading.
Better source-code commenting for mod integrators. (just search "R&R mod, vetiarvind" to find my changes.)
Try it by a overwriting the conflicting files in the assetfolder of RaR2.1 mod with my files.
I don't know why your mod file's view count doesn't increment. Guess that's a bug with the forum attachment widget.

Hi, vetiarvind! :)
From the description (haven't tested it yet) your "Tax and Navigation" modmod sounds quite interesting. Would you allow me to include it into my modmod, too (with proper crediting, of course)?

The goal of the mod is to make strategies more map-specifik, and give the player more intresting decisions about what strategy to pursuit. But mostly of course to make those changes i want myself and can make without much effort.

List of changes

- All starting prices of goods are non-random and have bin slightly modified
- Sellprices of food and building materials are always 1 everywhere.
- All sellprices in Africa is lower than Europes, except Trade Goods and Muskets.
- All buyprices in Africa is higher than Europes.
- All sellprices in Port Royal is lower than Europes, except alcoholic bevarages.
- Natives now pay more for alcoholic bevarages.
- Mounted Braves / Armed Mounted Braves are now strength 3/4
- Goody huts that gave 3 immigrants now give 1 immigrant + something else instead
- Expert Ranchers bonus is now +3(+1) instead of +100%
- Tavern line buildings now give small fixed production bonus.
- Gold/Gem resourse produce slightly less.
- Train station building removed
- Plastered road/Railroad slighyly/significantly more expensive
- Some other minor change i cant remember right now.

Thank you for your suggestions. :goodjob:

However, this is a kind of personal taste, I think we will not implement this in our main mod.

Hi, vetiarvind! :)
Would you allow me to include it into my modmod, too (with proper crediting, of course)?

Sure! There is a chance it might get included in upcoming R&R releases itself, but you are welcome to integrate it with your modmod. Do pvt msg me if you have any questions reg. integration.

Top Bottom