[Religion and Revolution]: Further Native Nations

Folks, May I ask for a little petition?

If we change a leaderhead or another button which is already in the colonization atlas, please let us use the atlas as well for the changed button, or we will lose the overview...

I will amend the button for the changed leaderhead above...

If you don't want to work with the atlas, don't hesitate to ask me to change a button...

If we change a leaderhead or another button which is already in the colonization atlas, please let us use the atlas as well for the changed button, or we will lose the overview...

Ok. :)

I will amend the button for the changed leaderhead above...

Great. :thumbsup:
But simply leave the old button in there, too.

If you don't want to work with the atlas, don't hesitate to ask me to change a button...

I have never been a big friend of the "atlas-concept", but it is no problem for me to work with them ...

Ah ok. I have also no problem working without the different types of atlas, but I thought we could reduce the necessary files (download content) by using this feature.

Hi Folks,

Here are the first 5 new graphics for the native nations.

Please note:

a) I mostly used graphics from the civfanatics/colonization community (free download section or other mods) or the standard game and improved or modified them. A special thanks already goes to bernie14 and Melcher for their fantastic units and/or graphics...
b) In the game they will be visable as usual (three warrior instead of one etc.)
c) I have tested them and they work well

I know, some of them look a little bit different (within one nation), but I think it doesn't matter... :)

And please...bee amicable, I worked 4 hard days and nights for this result ... :lol:

1. Caribs

2. Navajo

3. Hurons

4. Algonquians

and last but not least...new graphics for the Sioux:

Here are the Guarani (new tribe) and the Cherokee.

I made only a few changes (face, fringe, trousers).

Guarani:

Cherokee:

And here are the Zapotec...now only the Inuit are missing

Please note:

I made a huge update and have uploaded all new native graphics.

Feel free and test them! It was a huge update and maybe I reached not all files...

Sorry, maybe I took the wrong leaderhead graphics. :dunno:
(I have a lot of them lying around ...)

No problem Ray, I just wanted to clarify the leaderhead.

I will correct. :thumbsup:
(And use the one we originally wanted.))

Great. I would be a pity not to use such a fantastic looking leaderhead.:yeah:

Maybe we can use the one I accidently configured for one of the other 3 upcoming Native Nations ... :dunno:
(South American or Central American)

Perhaps. Although if we were going to use the leaderhead for one of the upcoming Native Civs, I would have to change at least one the civs to match the leaderhead. The leaderhead is good but I think it would need some tweaking to make it a better fit for a native civ?

Perhaps. Although if we were going to use the leaderhead for one of the upcoming Native Civs, I would have to change at least one the civs to match the leaderhead. The leaderhead is good but I think it would need some tweaking to make it a better fit for a native civ?

What about using her for Queen Isabella of Spain - it would be good to have a female European monarch and Isabella certainly encouraged western exploration. The leaderhead as it is looks more European than NewWorld native.

I posted previously that the foreign advisor screen is looking too crowded and doesn't allow you to see all the information clearly - I can't seem to find that post now.

I used the custom game set up to add a few more AI's to try and get all the Europeans to appear at once, as well as most of the natives. It didn't really work because I got both french players etc.

However it was useful to see what is going to happen - the foreign advisor screen became so crowded that the tiles even overlapped.

As far as I can see we are going to have 27 tiles - i.e. 6 European Nations + 6 Monarchs + 15 Native leaders.

I have started to think about new formats for this screen. Is there anyway we can code a 27 x 27 grid table:
- with little symbols in each box, indicating the relationship between the person at the top of the column and the person end of the row.
- then when you rollover the box you get a popup telling you the detailed relationship between the pair,
- of course the table would have a blank diagonal line down the middle because each nation would not have a relationship with itself.

What about using her for Queen Isabella of Spain - it would be good to have a female European monarch and Isabella certainly encouraged western exploration. The leaderhead as it is looks more European than NewWorld native.

That might work. A crown or something might have to be added, but I think it would be less work making her look like a European monarch than a Native American. It's spmething to think about for a future release.

The leaderhead is good but I think it would need some tweaking to make it a better fit for a native civ?

Ok, then let us forget that leaderhead for now. :thumbsup:

What about using her for Queen Isabella of Spain

Queen Isabella of Spain already exists as completely working leadherhead to my knowledge.
Why should we take efforts to convert another leaderhead. :dunno:

We had thought of this. But all texts ingame are for male kings. We would have to change the whole texts + translations. Therefore we did not implement Isabella.

Here we are...the Inuit:

Warrior:

Armed Warrior:

I'm not totaly satisfied with the graphics, but I think it is a good compromise. I didn't find typical Inuit cloths, so I had to use this headpiece (wolf).

Top Bottom