Returning to V to finish achievements before VI

I got "Pyramid Scheme". Need to do this at a lower level as the Louvre needs to be built in your capital. Capturing it won't do any good. Still need to finish the game, then work on Union side of the Civil War scenario.

9 to go.

Just got "From Russia with Love". I created a special game for it, large map, few civilizations. I need to spam cities and create lots of temples to get the "God is Great" achievement, so I'll work on that a bit.

Just 8 to go. My only non-scenario achievements other than "God is Great" are "The Great Betrayal" and "Shafernator". Getting close to 100 victories, so that should be no problem as I get the other achievements.

I got "Got Is Great". I discovered that you can sell the temples and rebuild them, and get credit for another temple build. Next will be "The Great Betrayal"

Finally! I managed to do "Pax Romana Aeternum"! I did go after the Persian cities. In fact I took/destroyed Amida, Nisibus, Singara, the capital Ctesiphon and Thospia. I was advancing on Anium when the game ended.

But the main reason for my win was that in the west, there was no Barbarian runaway. The Celtics and the Franks both had about the same number of points. My first game, the Franks ran away with the points and scored much higher. I think I scored enough points this time to win if the same thing happened again, but my first game would also have been a win if the Franks and Celts were more even in their conquests.

It is VERY important to get a good start. I only lost 5 cities, one of which I reconquered very quickly.

I had also uninstalled BNW to play the game as originally designed, not sure if that helped or not. I have finally done all the pre BNW scenario achievements.

I think I'm going to relax in my next game and play a normal one before I try to finish off the Civil War achievements. I still need Pyramid Scheme, so I'm going to play an easy Prince level game for that. I've had enough of Deity for a bit :D.

Pretty impressive. That is probably the hardest achievement to get. The 2 other hard ones, winning Scramble for Africa scenario as Boers and Ottomans, are not nearly as hard as this one.

Good to know the two Scramble for African achievements are easier. I thought they were harder as fewer people have done them. Trying to get all the normal achievements done first as I won't want to play the normal game after VI comes out.

"Panzer Shafernator General" and "The Great Betrayal" done! Finally all the vanilla achievements are done! Just took me a bit over 5 years :rolleyes:

Only ones I have left are the two Union ones in the Civil War, and the Deity ones for Civil War and Scramble for Africa. 5 in total.

The Union ones aren't too bad. You really have to beeline down that "valley" and then head East after taking Lynchburg. I was surprised the AI put up such a fight for Richmond after I found most of the other cities defenseless. Richmond wasn't easy to take.

Congrats on all the Vanilla achievements.

I'm at 53% now. Just picked up a couple of Brazil ones. I can't believe how difficult my Brazil game was. Jungle starts are more challenging than I had realized. Then I played my next game as Assyria to pick up those 2 achievements. It's like night and day. Brazil was difficult, Assyria was like easy mode. Reminds me of the old days of Civ2 and SMAC when you can get technologies from conquering a city. Assyria was an awesome Civ to play, shame I never played them until this past week.

Couldn't get the Dark Horse achievement for some reason. I gave all my votes towards Japan except for the World Leader, but for some reason I didn't get it. I have a feeling I was automatic host maybe? Being the first person to the era that activates World Congress. Frustrating as I was going for that, I still got the Austria achievement, but it seems like a waste playing an entire game for one achievement.

Top Bottom