revolting cities

plomeros

Warlord
Please help

Situation;, Me, the Egyptians, dominate Europe, Middle East, India and some smalle colonies in China, Noth Africa and Greenland. The Evil French dominate the rest of Asia, and have built two pescy towns in Palestine and Arabia. I go to war, after years of harassment from Joan the ?)/¤&/%/)¤#"!

Capturethe cities in Palestine, and a few others, only to see them reolt back to France. How do I fortify my conquests? I have a MASSIVE culture, I put heaps of troops in them, I spend fortunes on giving the captured cities temples and stuff, yet they choose to revolt!!! What shall I do?

Try to build the Forbidden palace close to your capitol.
Then replace your palace close to the cities you are capturing.

Also build courthouses in all cities! These revoltes are a pain in the ........

...so couthouses are more efficient then temples to keep the slave, er citizens in check?

Courthouses are desperately needed.
Even when all citizens are happy a city can revolt.

But distance to the Palace is the most common reason for revolts.

I've said before and I'll say it again:
Starve the bastards. Make everyone you can entertainers (they'll die happy ;)). This will remove the foreigners, which cause the revolts. Then you can re-populate will your own people. Muhahahaha!!

Alternatively, you can rush workers & settlers to reduce the foreign population. Do anything you can think of to get rid of those damn foreign nationals and you won't have any trouble.

The most effective method I have found against culture revolts is to station troops outside the city. If and when the city flips, I take it back with those troops so flipping is only a minor annoyance. Garrison only one or at most two units as you loose these troops when the city flips. It takes a long time to defeat city resisters, but better that than losing a stack of troops to culture.

Starving is also an option, though one I use as a last resort, not a first resort.

My suggestion is if a conquered city does not have a great wonder, raze it. I always rebuild in the same or better suited location nearby. What's the point in dealing with resistors and all the hassles and headaches of a multi-ethnic society? The buildings in the conquered are usually destroyed, why inhert all the hassles and headaches or a conquered city when there are only drawbacks and no benefits? And besides, a newly built city will grow back to the previous size in no time, since all the improvements around the city are still intact. Ethnic cleansing is the way to go.

Top Bottom