RFC Global Warming

the conquereror

Chieftain
Can global warming be disabled in Rhye's and Fall? I want to unload some nukes on Russia but I don't want to ruin the map with global warming.

First, make a copy of the XML file in Rhye's and Fall, so you can put it back if this does not work or if you want to have Global Warming work again. Be sure and label it so you know where it came from. Then…..

It's quite easy to for instance remove global warming from the game. The file GlobalDefines.xml which exists for every version of the game (vanilla, Warlords and BTS) holds many parameters that effect the game. One of them is:

Code:
<Define>
<DefineName>GLOBAL_WARMING_PROB</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>20</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
Changing the 20 to 0 removes global warming from the game.

The file is located in:
...\Civilization 4\Assets\XML
...\Civilization 4\Warlords\Assets\XML
...\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML

depending on the version of the game that you wish to change. It's preferable to create a tiny mod out of it than changing the original file(s). If you do change the original files, then make a backup of the file first so that you can revert back to the original files.

So, find the XML in Rhye's and Fall and make the above change. If Rhye's and Fall has already modded Global Warming in some way, this may or may not work.

Oh yeah, one more detail. You can't "change horses in mid stream". In other words, no modding change will affect a game already in progress. You have to make the change before starting a game. This is because all these status things are part of the Savegame.

and how do I get to that? I've checked all the folders in Beyond the Sword and not a single one has that. I know it can be done cause I've done it on regular civ4 but I forget how

If you have a disc based CIV, Warlords, and/or BTS, depending on which one you are using, the above listed paths are located in the CIV folder where your game is located, not in the Documents folder.

For Windows (whichever version you have) that is the location of the exe for the game, so right click the desktop icon and choose to show the location, original, or whatever term it uses. That will open the correct folder. Then go into the Mods folder; find Rhye's and Fall folder and look in there.

For Mac, that will be in the Applications folder, or a subfolder if you moved it.

For downloaded DRM CIV, such as Steam, you have to find the DRM service folder and look there. I use disc based so I don't know where that is stashed.

First, make a copy of the XML file in Rhye's and Fall, so you can put it back if this does not work or if you want to have Global Warming work again. Be sure and label it so you know where it came from. Then…..

So, find the XML in Rhye's and Fall and make the above change. If Rhye's and Fall has already modded Global Warming in some way, this may or may not work.

Oh yeah, one more detail. You can't "change horses in mid stream". In other words, no modding change will affect a game already in progress. You have to make the change before starting a game. This is because all these status things are part of the Savegame.

Life saver!

Top Bottom