Rise of the Byzantines

The Cast:
Our glorious hero: Justinian I
His wife and Culture/Domestic/Foreign Advisor: Theodora
The great Military Advisor: Belisarius
The completely sane Scientific Advisor: Anna Comnene
The villians of the world: Wang Kon

Justinian: We're doomed! Doomed! There is no way Adrainople can fight off Longbowman! There archers!
Anna: We're only a few turns from Feudalism, so our archers won't be that way for long.
Justinian: They'll be dead before then!
Theodora: Dead? Five archers can hold off Longbowman....right Belisarius?
Belisarius: They have a 100% boost in strength due to the city, promitions, and the hill it was founded on. Five should beat about thirteen.
Theodora: We need that city for our economy to survive.
Justinian: LEt us see if he Wang Kon will want peace.
Wang Kon: Come to grovel at my feet again, eh? Well, I'll give you peace if you keep grovel and:
Civ4ScreenShot0068.JPG
Justinian: Fool! No peace, I will never bow to someone not of my faith!
Wang Kon: Fine. But remember, I offered you a way for peace!
Belisarius: The Battle is starting!
Justinian: I'm going to have Anna take many screenshots so-
Belisarius: Soorry, no photography during this batttle, Korea complained it made them fight at a disadvantage. I'll tell you all about it later
Theodora: We:
Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
Justinian: Why did no one tell me we we're building that?
Anna: We didn't think you'd care.
Justinian: Well, as long as we get Sankore.
Belisarius: We won!
Justinian: What!
Belisarius: Kores has suffered a humiliating defeat with Carthage!
Justinian: No our military will kick them up!
Belisarius: We don't have an offensive millitary for the last time.
Justinian: Oh. Well build one, and show our enemies the bloody side of Thessalonica!

The Cast:
The villians of the world: Joao, Wang Kon

Justinian: How goes the religious subjugation of the Dutch?
Theodora: Bad. We couldn't find Amsterdam and we've so far spread Christianity to minor cities
Anna: If that isn't bad enough, we are WAY too small for this stage of the game. We only got 6 or maybe 7 cities.
Justinian: WHA! We're Doomed! DOOMED! We can't recover from Anti-Rexing, its consistently incurable!
Belisarius: More bad news: Korea is raising the peace rate 5 gold almost every other turn!
Justinian: The evil three turn swordsman spam!
Anna: Joao and Willem have been keeping us afloat!
Belisarius: WE've got to something dramatic.....
Justinian: I think its time I came up with another brilliant plan. The Englands are Christian, right?
Theodora: The English are Christian, and Joao has converted to Buddhism. Cyrus has founded Taosim
Justinian: Predictible chap.... Even better...... I think its time we sent in the spies!
Belisarius: SPIES! We don't do espionage, man!
Justinian: We "do" religion....these will be religious spies. For the Byzantine Grand Plan, the first Phase calling for complete Christian spread!
Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
Justinian: Our spies will infiltrate four heathen cities of Byzantium and Dutchland and spread the great religion. Constantinople will be the brick that break the Buddhist back, sending in one missionary! Bye-Bye Buddhist neighbor! ALl for the measley, covered cost of 31 gold! We will send Willem into a revolution he can't ignore! Who knows, maybe he'll build some missionaries!
Belisarius: LOVELY.....now to the important stuff, a wayward Korean has given us:
Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
Justinian: To Adrianople whil-
Theodora: Oh yeah, we missed Sannkore
Justinian: WHA!!!! Why didn't you tell me! No Library, no University.....
Anna: Cheer up... we have Compass and Feudalism, what could go wrong?
Justinian: I went over to Willy, and he'll convert for 155 gold.
Anna: Are we going to do it?
Justinian: Heavens no, he'll convert anyway!
Theodora: Are we doing it too?
Justinian: Yes. We convert now! Phase 2, full speed ahead.
Theodora: We're now Christians!
Belisarius: We razed a barb city.
Justinian: And:
Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
Theodora: So that is what were doing!
Justinian: Yes....and soon glorious Byzantium will have its way......

I like your story. Quick question though, how do you insert the thumbnails in the middle of your story like that. That would be really helpful to my story.

The Cast:
The villians of the world: Charlemagne

Justinian: I've founded Angora north of Nicea, and had Thesslonica produce two Settlers to fill in voids where Joao and Lizzy will strike.
BelisariuS: But east of Constantinople isn't safe! It is where Hannibal is invading. Speaking of him, he is our only major threat as Kon's failed attack on our westernmost city failed.
Theodora: Well that is great but we have a visitor!
Charlemange: Adopt Vassalage or die.
Justinian: I'm spiritual, so I huess that couldn't hurt.... but while I'm at:
Civ4ScreenShot0169.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0180.JPG
Anna: Good enough deal, it should allow us to conquer korea, as their army has not teched in military.
Belisarius: Well, Hannibal is sending a more medieval stack at us...we'll lose some good me there!
Civ4ScreenShot0168.JPG
Justinian: WE're Doomed DOOMED! That thing is huge!
Belisairus: Yes...but Leonidas should preserve us to kill the Phonecian nother day.
Anna: Maybe at Industrialism.....
Justinian: Or sooner. Byzantium will strike hard and Hannibal will rue the year he decided to attack us
Thoeodra: We attacked him first, remember
JustiniaN: Yes, but we bought peace and he attacked again. It will look okay in the history books.....

Rise of the Byzantines: Diplomacy of the Byzantine Empire
The Cast:
The villians of the world: Charlemagne, Joao, Cyrus, Willem, Hannibal, Wang Kon, ???, Stalin, and Elizabeth

Charlemagne: Religion: Buddhist HCH , Score: #1, Annoyed, Cautious

Theodora: So far, he is our most dangerous foe
Belisairus: Number one in power,
Theodora: Score,
Anna: And with a strong tech lead.
Justinian: So we take him out?
Anna: No, I think a guy like him will destroy himself.

Joao II: Religion: Former Christian, now Buddhist, Score: #2, Cautious

Justinian: Scoundrel!
Theodora: He has an even spot in everything, being good in power and wealth

Stalin: Religion: Buddhist, Score: #10, Cautious

Belisarius: A real idiot, watch out for this guy
Anna: His tech parity is laughable, which makes him unpredictable.
Justinian: If he is so controllable, why don't we use him as a distraction for Carthage?
Anna: A) We're weak, and can spend enough to bribe him and,
B) We're dirty Byzantines, meaning he naturally hates us

Cyrus: Religion: Taoist HCH Score: 5th?, Pleased

Belisarius: A real nut, warlike, but not stupidly so
Justinian: Sonce he is so close, a war with him could go well, right?
Belisarius: Let's finish the wars we've started first, okay?

Elizabeth: Religion: Christian Score: 9th, Pleased, Cautious

Justinian: Fate is cruel, our original Christian neighbors...and we plan to kill them!
Belisarius: Yes, but we haven't perfected our Cataphract design, so they have planty of time to....you know, exist

Willem Van Orange: Religion: Formerly Buddhist, now Christian, Score: 3rd, Pleased

Justinian: Our only true friend!
Theodora: And the most dangerous one! He will steal this world if we leave him unchecked!
Anna: So, a standard nuking should do the trick

Hannibal, Wang Kon: Who cares?

Justinian: They don't deserve there own section, let alone one lumped together!
Belisarius: These Buddhist are deadly, noth fielding their UUs
Anna: If we're to survive, all facts point toward securing the wild north and the Guild technology!
Belisarius: You mean perfecting Cataphracts?
Anna: Whatever

Khmer: Score? Religion: Most likely Buddhist

Belisarius: Sorry, we know nothing on them
Justinian: Then how do we know they exist
Theodora: Through the blunder, of a faux pas.

Justinian: With these facts, I dare say the Byzantine Grand Plan can go full speed ahead!
Anna: Pray tell, what is this plan?
Justiniaan: You'll learn in time..... as will Constantinople become the center of all world glory!

The Cast:

Civ4ScreenShot0154.JPG

Justinian: YES! YES! Glory for Constantinople, Glory for Byzantium!
Anna: So Constantinople is getting glory by being outshined ith Nicea? I don't understand....
Justinian: Well your just not that smart
Anna: That hurts coming from you
Belisarius: Speaking of Constantinople, some wayward guys from the army of Carthage are heading this way!
Justinian: We're only defended with one warrior! Start cranking out troops! Where is my whip!
Belisarius: *sigh* Here sir.
Justinian: Good.........now go get whipping Beli!
Belisarius: (No wonder they hate me instead of him)

Civ4ScreenShot0157.JPG
Justinian: We're doomed! DOOMED! Those little heathen, backstabbing, call-themself-Christians have voted for THAT guy! He'll never declare peace in the world!
Anna: Back to drawing board Justinian?
Justinian: I haven't been this sad since I failed to take Carthage. I need a holiday....
Anna:
Civ4ScreenShot0145.JPG
Justinian: GLORY FOR CONSTANTINOPLE!!!
Anna: Right. Also, we have only few turns until Guilds!
Belisarius: Our armies are securing that Horse source in the north sir.
Justinian: Well we've missed the Great Library, Collossus, Sankore, Parthenon, and Statue of Zeus; but if we get the Taj Mahal, glory will abound in our empire!
Anna: Our next plan is to get a measley Golden Age?
Justinian: Of course not. Our plan is much more grand and will give us much more glory!

Well, no new update today. I haven't played further in this game, and the story as caught up to the present. Next update is Friday at the earliest, for now (as I have my first Prince win in my reach in a Carthage game no less)! By then, I should have been able to retell some interesting happenings. If you haven't noticed, I updated the Table of Contents. For now, I'll respond to a few questions:

I like your story. Quick question though, how do you insert the thumbnails in the middle of your story like that. That would be really helpful to my story.

When you add an attachment, open the thumbnails and click on the desired image that appears in the drop down menu. It should show that image when you submit your reply.

I continue to follow this story eagerly, though I wonder why despite the many views, we 2 are the only ones to post here eh Naruto?

Which is why I go by views over posts :goodjob:

I played today until the 1850s. The Byzantine (actually lack thereof) ship is sinking, and I'm the only one onboard. I am the world's ONLY inland nation, which means no colonization of the New World. The Byzantine Grand Plan had a 'minor' target change, and while I won great plunder, I plummeted technologically. Joao completed Broadway, (With a GE) while I was on Steam Power. Friday I will post two saves, one before my invasion of England, and the other at the story spot. I hope you, the readers will play some of them and salvvage the disarray I"m in. Expect updates on Wednesday and Friday. This story will be back on plan this week.

The Cast:
The villians of the world: Hannibal, Wang Kon

Belisarius: This war is becoming unprofitable for us
Anna: That's a shock
Belisarius: Adrianople is under MASSIVE Carthagian seige. I've estimated with military simulations and we could survive the first wave. But after that, Adrianople is doomed.
Justinian: WE'RE doomed! DOOMED! Theodora is in Adrianople!
Anna: Well, maybe if a certain leader had secured some horses earlier....
Belisarius: And if that same leader hadn't made me a figurehead.... ( A negative one at that)
Justinian: And MAYBE if that same leader had chosen better advisors....
Belisarius: Then maybe we wouldn't have this problem!
Anna: I would normally be fine with this, but we need tht city for the research and wealth!
Justinian: So, this means mans peace with Carthage? Never!
Belisarius: Justinian:
Civ4ScreenShot0325.JPG

Justinian: Oh. You didn't say it was 'MASSIVE' massive...
Belisarius: Treaty time?
Hannibal: You make me sick!
Justinian: Its mutual. But we could maybe start anew if you agree to:

Civ4ScreenShot0326.JPG
Hannibal: *sigh* Thi s war had draind my coffers...and you expect 31 weight of tribute will appease a hungry lion!
Justinian: Then fine:
Civ4ScreenShot0327.JPG

Hannibal: Is this a mockery? This will not work!
Justinian: Why the **** not!
Hannibal: Because I don't like you, and I want to kill you and I WANT THAT **** HOLY CITY!
Justinian: YOU **** SO ****!
Hannibal: You know what I want.
Justinian: Never!
Hannibal: I hope you enjoyed having a wife.
Justinian: **** **! YOU AND YOUR ILLITERATE TRIBE OF GREEDY SCUM TAKE THE STUPID, WORTHLESS TECH AND TRY TO GET SOME FORM OF INTELLIGENCE INTO THAT VOID YOUR THOUGHTS SHOULD BE MADE!
Hannibal:..... Hand it over..
Justinian: Grrrrrr........
Anna: Now isn't this nice? Only one war, grreat technological leaps can be made.
Belisarius: No. Nicea will soon be under seige.
Justinian: I'll go prove why I'm the leader again.
Justinian: The war worsens for both nations. Care to become neutral?
Wang Kon: Fine. I need to rebuild my nation. Yes, peace will be mutually profitable!
Justinian: You see, your a reasonable leader! Without Holy cities, your not a comple-
Wang Kon: Yeah we have a price, though:
Civ4ScreenShot0328.JPG
Justinian: ...... IF I wasn't planning something really big, I would need to be restrained before I commit a diplomatic incident!
Wang Kon: Wrong leader. He comes later, you know that.
Justinian: Whatever.
Belisarius: Trebizond is being founded and workers are working to train the horses. Once seige is made, England will fall!
Justinian: And glory for Byzantium!

Wow! That is some mutual hatred between Hannible and Justinian! Thanks for just using the asterics...

The Cast:
The villians of the world: That new guy,

Justinian: Mwahahahaha!
Belisarius: Mwahahahaha!
Anna: Why the evil laugh?
Theodora: I'm Back!
Justinian: Because we have peace!
Anna: .....
Justinian: So we can now make war plans! Mwahahahaha!
Belisarius: Trebizond finally gave us: HORSES!!!
Justinian: I, being the genuis I am, hooked the horses up through the Bay of Istanbul (North of Thessalonica)!
Belisarius: Glorius cataphracts will henceforth be born!
Justinian: Even better, our heretic to the west and friend to the south-west gave:
Civ4ScreenShot0333.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0332.JPG
Belisarius: I love those guys!
Anna: I know what techs we have! Why are you so darn happy?
Justinian: We laugh at England's plight! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Theodora: Willy has Liberalism!
Justinian: Oh no! We don't even have Education
Theodora: That isn't the worst:
Civ4ScreenShot0337.JPG
Justinian: WHY?!?
Theodora: Favorite civic.
Justinian: We're doomed! DOOMED!
Anna: Oh yeah, remember that tradition of new cities founding religions? Well, Islam has been founded in a not-so-distant land!
Civ4ScreenShot0340.JPG
Justinian: *sobs*..... I have had it! Send full espionage on Willem! He will pay!
Theodora: Hannibal has declared war on Elizabeth.
Justinian: He must had though that since his army was already there....
Anna: I see a diplomatic chance here!
Belisaius: Speaking of chance, I happened to do some reading on the Dutch.
Justinian: Why is this revelant? Unless you found a way to turn them Christian
Belisarius: They have about......8 wonders, maybe 9.....
Justinian: !
Belisarius: In The Hague alone stands Sankore, The Prthenon, The Sistine Chapel, and The Hanging Gardens!
Civ4ScreenShot0416.JPG
Justinian: Change of plans.
Theodora: What! They have only 6 wonders!
Justinian: They have the Parthenon AND Sankore! In one city!
Anna: We have Nationalism!
Theodora: We have a new guy!
Civ4ScreenShot0351.JPG
Peter: Nice place here....sort of. Not as comfy as Vladvitosk though.........
*cries* Oh, this is surely heaven! So warm and fertile!
Justinian: Are we ready?
Belisarius: Yes!
Justinian: Willem is cleraly evil...but should he go in this way? I'm starting the think we should go to the original position.
Anna: This isn't a great time for doubt, Justinian.
Justinian; I know, but.....
Theodora: Let's hold an election! What do they people think is our worst neighbor?
Justinian: A brilliant idea! Glorious Byzantium will decided Byzantium's next move! Genius!

Bad news......remember how I said I was going to post saves......I was wrong. You see, as I was doing it, the folder became corrupted :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::badcomp:
So, POOF! Just like last time..... Luckily, I managed to have overlook to move 1 file post-war, and one file pre-war when I moved everything. The second one is almost 1 turn before the war, I saved for a wonder, THe secon was saved post-war, in the 1700. I'm not going to risk posting these. I don't want to lose these files too. That will make my urge to throw this computer across the room slightly more unbearable. :sad: I don't know the how it happened...one moment I was moving files, the next thetre was a problem., I close that window go into the folder again and it says the file isn't there. :sad:

Top Bottom