Russian Review

thedood123

Destroyer
Ok I going going to review the Russians by Bonuses

Starting: Russians begin with more of the map visible- Can be very handy If you find some artifacts and some barbian camps.

Ancient: +1 food from plains- This is what makes the Russians unique this is a very huge bonus and gives a lot of food if near plains...If not near plains it is useless

Medieval: Defensive units receive the Loyalty upgrade- Good if you want defense and trying to build up your base and keep alive

Industrial: Half-price Riflemen- Not that great but good if you want to mass rifleman

Modern: Half-price Spies- I dont see much point in getting spies late in game not very handy at all

Overall I give the Russians a 1-Sucks or 10-Perfect I give a 7.5/10

Your taking my schtick of reviewing my civs, everyone's taking my threads!
One other person took my worst civ thread too

I will remove the thread if youd like ;{

No, you don't have to do THAT, but don't do the review thing like i do

i'll be posting a review, probubly of the indians, tommorow

Im making a unit review instead

I am not sure but look at my unit review 1/20

Your taking my schtick of reviewing my civs, everyone's taking my threads!
One other person took my worst civ thread too

and you took mine ;)

I'm not sure how you arrive at 7.5/10 when none of the bonuses are particularly helpful.

Starting w/ a map: Not bad, shows a couple barbarian camps right away so you can direct your warriors to them and get quicker gold, but not a huge impact.

+1 food from plains: Pre-granaries, it's practically useless because it just turns plains into grasslands, which any civ could do by planning city locations better. Post-granaries cities near plains will grow really fast though which is helpful. Definitely the best Russian bonus imo (but even that isn't saying a lot).

Free loyalty: Meh, not bad but it's not like the AI ever does a great job of pressuring your cities' defenses anyway.

1/2 cost riflemen: Saving 10 resources on a unit that you'll only be producing for a shortish amount of time is near-worthless

1/2 cost spies: Saving 12 resources on a unit that you can probably rush just as well when you need any of them is near-worthless

I give them like 2.5/10.

Top Bottom