Saturday's PAX talk

What time is the demo tomorrow?

Well, if you wanted your own country represented in civ, this would force them to buy the whole expansion instead of just 1 DLC's. And people first need to buy the game before they can buy a DLC.
True, but if you're from the Netherlands, you still might buy the game for religion and espionage.
Religion and espionage are catch words, they are new elements in the expansion, but you could also view Gods & Kings first and foremost as a rebalancing and to make it a much more complete game.
There isn't a single game element that doesn't get changed, and most aspects get changed drastically. Only the graphics, the maps and the music will still be the same, all the rest has been put on the spade.
I have real hope that people who have left the game out of disillusion will return, at least to check out what it is after Gods & Kings.

I agree, although that's not my point. My point is you'd buy an expansion pack even without your country's inclusion but you'd also buy the DLC of your country.

Great. Maybe we can finally have some extra-work done on our modding projects. :D
Mind you, this is what 2K Greg said in this topic about it:
Hey guys the thing I said about the dll was not about releasing the source code. It had to do with a technical change that allows Civ V to dynamically load dlls on the fly. This will be good good for DLC (you can disable any DLC you do not want) and someday modders as well!

I could have some of this slightly wrong; Dennis communicated it to me verbally here and it is loud! I'll find out exact details when pax is over :) - please do not take it as gospel yet!
So don't get your hopes up to high (if you were expecting source code).

I have easter obligation's so I can't see it.

If you can ask question's I thinx it would be smart to ask:

If they will change the effects of reserach agreements we know you need a decleration of friendship but will it stay the same effect

ANd will great scientist be changed will it still give a instant technology and in general question about great people will great merchant(because gold is less important with city states will it give more influence ) and what are the options from great profet

thinx some good questions but its up to you guys However I thinx I am not the only one who is curious about if they will change the great scientist exploit

Yeah GS mechanics is first on my list tomorrow. Im kind of hoping everyone peppers them with that question so we can be relatively sure it will be answered. relatively. lol

I'd like to know in regards to great prophets, what tile improvement option will they have. Im assuming it will be something along the lines of a religious icon/pilgrimage/site that gives +faith (which could actualy be quite powerful) but since im fairly sure thats what the answer will be the GS mechanics is top of my list since in my oppinion thats the biggest exploit. Pre-200 Babylon stealth bombers is funny but ridiculous and the "great leap" as its come to be called must be altered in some way if everything else is getting attention in regards to balancing.

I have easter obligation's so I can't see it.

If you can ask question's I thinx it would be smart to ask:

If they will change the effects of reserach agreements we know you need a decleration of friendship but will it stay the same effect

ANd will great scientist be changed will it still give a instant technology and in general question about great people will great merchant(because gold is less important with city states will it give more influence ) and what are the options from great profet

GM still gives influence with a CS and a whole heap of gold, which is a big bonus however you look at it. Gold doesn't become substantially less valuable because you can no longer use it to bribe CSes - the average Great Merchant trade mission gives you enough for a couple of research agreements, or to buy a Courthouse in a city you've just captured, or to upgrade half your army.

GM still gives influence with a CS and a whole heap of gold, which is a big bonus however you look at it. Gold doesn't become substantially less valuable because you can no longer use it to bribe CSes - the average Great Merchant trade mission gives you enough for a couple of research agreements, or to buy a Courthouse in a city you've just captured, or to upgrade half your army.

I don't think they ever stated that we can no longer bribe CS with money? Did they? source?

I don't think they ever stated that we can no longer bribe CS with money? Did they? source?
On the contrary, I believe it has been said that you still can bribe city-states with money, but there was the implication that there might be limits or diminishing returns on this.

edit:
You can still shower these not-civs with gold and essentially buy them off, assuming you’ve got enough ready cash available, but quests will be your primary tool for getting city-states in your pocket.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/civilization-5-gods-and-kings-preview/

Regarding the Ethiopian UA, how are they defining "larger civilization"? Higher population, land area, cities, score, or what?

Regarding the Ethiopian UA, how are they defining "larger civilization"? Higher population, land area, cities, score, or what?

Most likely Higher Population OR Higher Arm Power, so if somebody has a GDR and they still have Riflemen then I presume they're gonna recieve the bonus.

They could just use power rankings on the demographics.

The new era could be "Atomic Era", which was mentioned offhand in one preview. Maybe.

How many hours until the next interview? trying to determine if I'll be awake early enough to see it.
It is 9:45 PM (2145) here and I am located in the same time zone with Boston where the PAX is being held. We are in daylight saving time here.

This may also help?

Top Bottom