Scientific victory tenets of ideology

CS needs the tech to get Strategics. If you´re tech lead, they won't have Coal. I´m not sure, but I think at least 2 major civ needs the tech.

So people say but I just finished a Celts game leading the entire world by almost 20 techs on a huge world. I could pay the CS 200 gold to connect uranium the turn after I could see it. If you wait for them to connect it, they won't until they have the tech and they were ignoring it till I paid them gold to do it for them. It's under the "give a gift" tab. As soon as I paid I got the uranium. Maybe this has changed in a recent patch?

If the tile already has the improvement on it you can't gift the tile improvement. Unfortunately the probability that a mine is already there when the coal is revealed is pretty high, but sometimes you can do this and save a lot of turns.

I don´t think its a patch thing, but the rather strange design Claudiupb mentions. You want the City-State to not have the improvement. Last patch to this game was in 2014 I think, the one that changed the Tradition tree and added Bison.

A lot easier to use this trick with oil, which tends to spawn on things like flat desert or ocean tile.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is gift the CS ally about 200 gold to "connect" the resource for them. I did this to get uranium and aluminum on my last game--I could do it as soon as I go the tech if I recall. So all you really need is enough gold to ally a CS and connect the lux, hopefully you already have enough allies though.

Sure, if it's not on a hill. Which Coal is, about ~75% of the time or better. If it's on a mined tile already, you have to wait for the CS to get industrialization to connect it.

edit - I hate when I don't notice that pages roll over and i'm not replying to the bottom post, but merely the bottom post on this page.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is gift the CS ally about 200 gold to "connect" the resource for them. I did this to get uranium and aluminum on my last game--I could do it as soon as I go the tech if I recall. So all you really need is enough gold to ally a CS and connect the lux, hopefully you already have enough allies though.

I think the City State needs to have the relevant technology to see the strategic, which means that if you are very ahead in tech, sometimes you just won't be able to get coal
I'm 90% sure that Donkeyfish's 2 civs need to have the tech for the CS to thing is correct
Edit: oops, didn't notice that there was a third page, did the same thing as Chum above me

Top Bottom