Scrooge AI

I think it would be a bit much to link it to all normal heroes.

Almost every civ will have a hero at some point, likely fairly early-mid. It would make the bonus kind of pointless when everyone has it.

the mega units are much rarer.

Well there arn't really that many heroes per civ, you could possible have more mega units. If you take you example below, then their will be way more level 12 vamps than the two or three heroes per empire (excluding the Grigory and a few lucky events). Either way the general suggestion is a good one IMHO because mega units are quite important... But as with everything else I am sure something like this one will not make it simply because of feature lock, even though its a good idea...

I agree there are some problems with the diplo AI. It's not so much that they constantly bug you, it's rather that they do it with nonsense requests like

"I give you corn for iron" even when you already have corn

or

"help me fight this guy" without offering anything in exchange, even if they are cautious/annoyed towards you.

In particular the second case is annoying, since each - mostly obvious - refusal leads to additional diplomatic penalties.

Perhaps related to this topic is also the AIs complete refusal to ever pay for you to start wars with a third party. Lot of times they'll be requesting you to declare wars on someone, but I can't ever remember actually being offered tech or gold for doing so.

Playing mercenary Hippus without being paid to wage war is rather pointless.

This is an overall problem in Civ. I'm quite sure Kael & Co would change this if they could, esp. thinking of what Skids points out regarding the Hippus.

Perhaps related to this topic is also the AIs complete refusal to ever pay for you to start wars with a third party. Lot of times they'll be requesting you to declare wars on someone, but I can't ever remember actually being offered tech or gold for doing so.

It's physically impossible for them to do so. That's one of the complaints classic BTS players have against the Civ4 diplomacy system, too.

Not to mentoin that if that system were correct, Switzerland would be the most hated country in the world.

But is it possible to code an option for the player to offer to enter a war in exchange for something?

So then the Hippus can contact each AI in a given a war and offer to sell their services... then side with the highest bidder.

Diplomacy is more hardcoded then most of the game, so I dunno.

I don't suppose they could just take out the "worst enemy" diplo penalties? Those have always been nonsensical and lame, especially when you meet the civ that hates you long after the actual trade and they're pissed the moment you meet them.

what i find a lot more annoying is the constant "help us destroy the puny X" followed by a "help us destroy the puny Y" from the other side in the next turn.
This also happens when you have a war on your own (while the AI has the point redded out).

IMO the AI generally contacts the player way too often.

- give me resource x for y (especially the mana thing)
- help me destroy civ x
- cancel your deals with civ x
- Give me resource x tribute
- Please give me resource x for free
- Let's sign open borders agreement

When playing on a huge map with 10 AIs you're almost contacted every turn - on some turns two or three times. This reeeeeeeeeally sucks.

I agree there are some problems with the diplo AI. It's not so much that they constantly bug you, it's rather that they do it with nonsense requests like

"I give you corn for iron" even when you already have corn

or

"help me fight this guy" without offering anything in exchange, even if they are cautious/annoyed towards you.

In particular the second case is annoying, since each - mostly obvious - refusal leads to additional diplomatic penalties.

Reading this I have come up with a simple proposal that already exists in the code, it just has to be modified.
You know how AI civs can ignore you. (The "we have nothing to talk about" message.)

Now the idea is, allow human players to set AI civs on ignore. That way, the AI civ could not contact you at all. You could still contact them but they could not contact you.
Something of a "Don't call us, we will call you" policy.

Reading this I have come up with a simple proposal that already exists in the code, it just has to be modified.
You know how AI civs can ignore you. (The "we have nothing to talk about" message.)

Now the idea is, allow human players to set AI civs on ignore. That way, the AI civ could not contact you at all. You could still contact them but they could not contact you.
Something of a "Don't call us, we will call you" policy.

Boy, would I LOVE this option in FFH!

There is also the "Refuses to Talk" message early in wars.

I just don't get why the human player can't refuse to discuss trading Nature Mana for Cow.

Boy, would I LOVE this option in FFH!

There is also the "Refuses to Talk" message early in wars.

I just don't get why the human player can't refuse to discuss trading Nature Mana for Cow.

That is the one I ment. How hard could it be to implement this for a human to use?

Top Bottom